- John Allsopp
- Leslie Jensen-Inman
- Doug Schepers
- Dave McFarland
- Kazuhito Kidachi
- Lars Gunther
- Retreat update - Leslie
- membership management/co-chair arrangement with Glenda
- review breakout teams (for retreat)
- bio reminder - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/owea/wiki/OWEA:Community_Portal
Retreat Update - Leslie
- Bio - Leslie has all the bio she needs for OWEA Summit.
- Retreat Info for Attendees - make sure you have filled it out - Glenda send individual message to folks that still need to fill this out.
- Leslie will send a message about transportation to and from airport.
Overview of retreat - August 5-7 - face-2-face OWEA meeting mission and focus areas (see wiki) 8am to 3pm every day. Each night fun activities (some sponsored). Thursday Night, August 7 - Public Event - We Rock Summit http://webeducationrocks.com/ (venue: Hunter Museum of Art)
Membership Update - Glenda
We checked with W3C and confirmed that we can vette applications for invited experts. We are going to put a process in place so that people who are interested in joining OWEA understand how they can contribute. We will implement this process after the retreat by proposing a "membership application/review" process that inspires folks to join and contribute.
Some thoughts on how to vet new members: List ways people can contribute. What are your strengths? Ask 3 or 4 pertinent questions to folks who want to be new members...before they fill out invited expert form.
Dave pointed out that the OWEA charter is not an easy thing to read and figure out the purpose of OWEA and how to contribute. It can attract two different types of people: people who want to focus on curricula and education outreach VS people who want to help with the planning/infrastructure.
John and Doug discussed how OWEA is currently focused on two things: infrastructure of OWEA & furthering web education. We will help clarify the OWEA mission and how to contribute on the wiki (with content we create at the retreat).
Current outreach/education efforts include:
- Juku at Yahoo!
Review Breakout Groups/Focus Groups
John encouraged everyone to review the retreat focus group areas in the wiki at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/owea/wiki/Main_Page and contribute. Look for the section titled: "August Face to Face Focus Areas".
Doug shared info about Owen Ambur's interest in OWEA activities and how it can relate to eGov. Owen could be very helpful in guiding OWEA outreach to government.
- Everyone - Review OWEA Focus Areas at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/owea/wiki/Main_Page and add your thoughts.
- Glenda - send individual messages to retreat attendees arrival/departure/contactinfo/foodallergies
- Doug/Glenda - Work on "How to Join OWEA" page.
Thursday, August 6th GMT 21:00 (which will be during our retreat). This will be a good way for people who aren't at the retreat to hook in to the activities in Chattanooga.