The SKOS community wiki is now accessible at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/SKOS. Please check the latest info and do make your updates there!
Below, you'll find some SKOS tools which had been advertised to the community before this listing effort, or that have been created afterwards.
Please feel free to edit this page and add links to your tools!
@@copy-pasted from ESW without checking. Links below should be checked and moved out of this list.@@
- The keyphrase extraction algorithm KEA has now a version for indexing documents with terms from any thesaurus or vocabulary in SKOS format. Given a document and a SKOS vocabulary, Kea selects a list of phrases from this vocabulary describing the document's main topics. See examples of Kea's performance on agricultural documents with the Agrovoc thesaurus and on medical documents with MeSH terms. Kea is being developed at the Waikato University in New Zealand and is a free software.
- Danbri wrote a PHP script for exporting Wordpress categories as SKOS in RDF/N3; this has now been improved and folded into Morten's FOAF/SKOS plugin for WordPress
- Al's SKOS Validator (see SkosValidator for releases) - a Java application that also does RDF syntax checking and RDf schema validation.
- Nikki Rogers' and Dave Beckett's demo SKOS Web Service client in Python, SKOS Web Service in Java.
- Tematres Currently in spanish, being localised and worked on, a GPL thesaurus authoring tool that does SKOS as an output format
- Glamorgan work on working with SKOS using XPATH and XSL
- Net Flickr Backup makes an archive of your Flickr account with all comments, tags, annotations in RDF and using SKOS for concepts
- [wiki:OpenLinkDataSpaces OpenLink Data Spaces] - uses SKOS for tags/categories in it Weblog, Wiki, Shared Bookmarks, Discussion, Image Gallery, Feed Subscriptions Data Spaces. See SKOS and ODS Sample SPARQL Queries page for some live examples.
- ThManager - "ThManager is an Open Source Tool for creating and visualizing SKOS RDF vocabularies, a W3C initiative for the representation of knowledge organization systems such as thesauri, classification schemes, subject heading lists, taxonomies, and other types of controlled vocabulary."
- SKOS2OWL is an online tool that converts hierarchical classifications available in the W3C SKOS (Simple Knowledge Organization Systems) format into RDF-S or OWL ontologies. In many cases, the resulting ontologies can be used directly. If not, they can be refined using standard ontology engineering tools like e.g. Protégé.
- AnnoCultor, a RDF mapping tool which can used to create SKOS representation of existing vocabularies, used in the eCulture project
- SKOS Editor Protégé plugin (for Protégé 4, alpha)
- PoolParty is a Triple-Store based Thesaurus Management Environment which uses SKOS and Text Extraction for Tag Recommendation
@@ Tools for Mapping KOS, from ESW wiki@@
- CarmenX for classification (used in CARMEN and RENARDUS)
- SIS-TMS for thesauri (used in CARMEN)
- ...there is a number of experimental tools for mapping Ontologies