Agenda for 29 April 2002 TAG teleconference

Nearby: TAG home teleconference details issues list mailing list threads

Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.


Read documents/revisions that should be ready before end of this week:

  1. Consider possible new work-item requests:
  2. Review "Guidelines For The Use of XML in IETF Protocols" [Expires 14 Oct 2002] (see also comments from Chris Lilley)
  3. Prep for URIEquivalence-15 review History and Background.
  4. Review DRAFT: Introduction to Web Achitecture
  5. Prep for rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6 review History and Background (may not get to related agenda item).

Administrative stuff (15min)

  1. Accept previous minutes?
  2. Accept this agenda?
  3. Review state of action items?
  4. Balance: Active (architectural writings) / Reactive (addressing issues) (~5min)
  5. New TAG Issues and Request - Introduce, Accept, Prioritise (~10 min)
    1. Request to review Charmod LC#2
    2. Question of Qnames as Identifiers is this related to rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6

Technical (70min)

Reminder: Issue list priority (hi-lo): whenToUseGet-7, (URIEquivalence-15, rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6), (httpRange-14, HTTPSubstrate-16), namespaceDocument-8, mixedNamespaceMeaning-13
  1. Guidelines For The Use of XML in IETF Protocols IETF best practices draft requiring URNs for XML namespaces in IETF documents.
    Action to take? (~10min)
  2. whenToUseGet-7 Review revised Finding, TAG consensus? (~20min)
  3. URIEquivalence-15 (~20min)
  4. Architecture Document, Status, Discussion (~15min)
  5. rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6

For discussion at upcoming meetings

  1. Discussion of integration of 5 one-page summaries:
    1. Intro: TB, DC, input from CL
    2. What does a URI identify?: NW and SW
    3. What does a document mean?: NW and PC
    4. One-page REST summary: RF and DO
    5. Notes on "what a message means": CL

Recent action items

Topic Assigned to Assigned at Due date Status as of mtg
Write text about "Web as information space", to be integrated by IJ DO 2002/03/18
Integrate/combine one-page summaries IJ 2002/03/18 Started
Take question of HTTP Query to W3C/IETF liaison (issue whenToUseGet-7) TBL 2002/02/12 Sent mail; awaiting ack.
Draft comments on RDF+HTML for namespace documents. TBL 2002/04/01 Pending
Take uriMediaType-9 finding to IETF and IANA. TBL 2002/04/08
Publish draft finding on Media-Types (after edits) IJ 2002/04/22 2002/04/29 Done
Prioritize comments on Guidelines for the use of XML in IETF protocols CL 2002/04/22 2002/04/29
Write more on whenToUseGet DC 2002/04/22 2002/04/29

Ian Jacobs, for TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2002/04/29 14:55:38 $