Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages (GRDDL)
GRDDL is a technique for obtaining RDF data from XML documents and in particular XHTML pages. Authors may explicitly associate documents with transformation algorithms, typically represented in XSLT, using a link element in the head of the document. Alternatively, the information needed to obtain the transformation may be held in an associated metadata profile document or namespace document. Clients reading the document can follow links across the Web using techniques described in the GRDDL specification to discover the appropriate transformations.
A number of textbooks have been published on Semantic Web in general. Please, refer to a separate page listing some of those, as maintained by the community. That list also includes references to conference proceedings and article collections that might be of general interest.
Tools that are listed as relevant to GRDDL
Last modified and/or added
The description of the following tools have been added and/or modified most recently.
- Jena, a Java RDF API and toolkit (last modified: 30 June 2015)
- The SPARQL2XQuery framework (last modified: 12 November 2014)
- Redland RDF Application Framework (last modified: 8 January 2013)
- Graphity (last modified: 4 August 2012)
- OpenLink Virtuoso (last modified: 11 February 2012)
All relevant tools
This is a list of all tools listed on this wiki, and that are marked as relevant to GRDDL.
- Jena, a Java RDF API and toolkit (triple store, programming environment, reasoner, rule reasoner, owl reasoner, rdfs reasoner, parser). Directly usable from Java
- Graphity (development environment, browser, special browser, rdf or owl browser, sparql endpoint). Directly usable from Java, PHP, XSLT
- RAP (programming environment). Directly usable from PHP
- Redland RDF Application Framework (programming environment). Directly usable from C, C-sharp, Python, Obj-C, PHP, Java, Tcl, Ruby, Perl
- The SPARQL2XQuery framework (converter, sparql endpoint, rdb2rdf, xml2rdf, search engine, rdf generator). Directly usable from Java
- TopBraid Suite (development environment, programming environment, editor, reasoner, owl reasoner, rule reasoner, rdfs reasoner). Directly usable from Flex