Difference between revisions of "Webapps/April2013Meeting"

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Agenda Thursday April 25)
m
Line 70: Line 70:
 
* [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/url/raw-file/tip/Overview.html URL] - should this be removed from the charter if no one commits to move it along the REC track?
 
* [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/url/raw-file/tip/Overview.html URL] - should this be removed from the charter if no one commits to move it along the REC track?
  
* WebIDL
+
* [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html XHR] -  
** Test suite: status of [http://w3c-test.org/webapps/WebIDL/tests/submissions/ test suite]; what needs to be done to move the spec to PR; who is going to do what and when?
+
*** [http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/WebIDLTest.htm Travis' Web IDL Test Plan]
+
*** idlharness: status; which version should be used
+
** TC39 Coordination: how to improve coordination with TC39?
+
*** [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0113.html Robin's proposal]
+
*** Notifying TC39 about new APIs: [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0068.html Chaals' comments], [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0102.html Art's comments]
+
 
+
* [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html XHR] - status and plans for XHR.REC-track and XHR.Bleeding-edge
+
  
 
== Agenda Thursday April 25 ==
 
== Agenda Thursday April 25 ==
Line 102: Line 94:
 
* 15:00 - 15:30 [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ime-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.html IME] jointly with PF?
 
* 15:00 - 15:30 [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ime-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.html IME] jointly with PF?
 
* 15:30 - 16:00 Break
 
* 15:30 - 16:00 Break
* 16:00 - 17:00 [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html XHR] and [http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/progress/Progress.html Progress Events]
+
* 16:00 - 17:00 [http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html XHR] and [http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/progress/Progress.html Progress Events]; status and plans for XHR.REC-track and XHR.Bleeding-edge
 
* 17:00 - 17:30 [http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/ File API] + Other File specs
 
* 17:00 - 17:30 [http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/ File API] + Other File specs
 
** [https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=WebAppsWG&component=File%20API&resolution=--- File API Bugs]
 
** [https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=WebAppsWG&component=File%20API&resolution=--- File API Bugs]
 
* Web IDL - need Cameron (AU timezone)
 
* Web IDL - need Cameron (AU timezone)
 +
** Test suite: status of [http://w3c-test.org/webapps/WebIDL/tests/submissions/ test suite]; what needs to be done to move the spec to PR; who is going to do what and when?
 +
*** [http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/WebIDLTest.htm Travis' Web IDL Test Plan]
 +
*** idlharness: status; which version should be used
 +
** TC39 Coordination: how to improve coordination with TC39?
 +
*** [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0113.html Robin's proposal]
 +
*** Notifying TC39 about new APIs: [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0068.html Chaals' comments], [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0102.html Art's comments]
  
 
* Evening Activity: @TBA
 
* Evening Activity: @TBA

Revision as of 22:47, 25 April 2013

This is the Meeting Page including Agenda for the Web Applications WG (WebApps) f2f meeting in the San Jose CA US on Thursday April 25 and Friday April 26 2013.

This meeting follows the HTML WG's April 23 and April 24 f2f meeting at the same location.

Registration for this meeting is CLOSED.

This Meeting Page, in particular the Agenda, is a WorkInProgress and Will Change!

Meeting Logistics

  • Meeting Host = eBay/PayPal
  • IRC channel = #webapps; irc.w3.org:6665
  • Dates = April 25-26 2013
  • Time = See below; all times are US West Coast time zone
  • Location = eBay/PayPal; 2211 N. First Street; San Jose, CA, 95131; Building 12
  • Meeting Room = @TBD; Building 12
  • Phone Conference Bridge: W3C's Zakim Bridge will be used if needed. +1.617.761.6200; see also Zakim SIP Bridge; PIN = 92323#

Meeting Registration

Registration for this meeting is Closed.

Specifications, Documents and References

Potential Topics

Potential agenda topics (specs listed in alphabetical order). Comments and feedback on all of these topics before the meeting is welcomed and encouraged as that may eliminate the topic from f2f agenda:

  • Admin
    • F2F meeting @ TPAC 2013; Nov 11-15; Shenzhen, China. Do we have sufficient critical mass to have a productive meeting?
  • IME
    • WAI PF would like a joint discussion. I threw them into a random empty slot for now.
  • Candidate Recommendation Interop status and plans - Test Facilitators to lead discussion
    • Progress Events Test Suite; Test Facilitator is Jungkee Song; status; Interop plans; Issues blocking PR see ProgressEvents Implementation Status wiki
    • Server-sent Events Test Suite; Test Facilitator is Tina Zhao; status; prelim Interop Report; Issues blocking PR. Status: a few bugs to fix and the will be ready to start CR testing
    • Web Messaging Test Suite; Test Facilitator is Alex Kuang; status; Interop plans; Issues blocking PR. Status: ready to start CR testing; Kriss will run tests on IE and Opera; Chaals will run tests on WebKit browser; PLH will run tests on Firefox Nightly
    • Web Sockets Test Suite; Test Facilitator is Kris Krueger; status; Interop plans; Issues blocking PR. Status test suite is ready for CR testing. Kris will start running tests
    • Web Workers Test Suite; Test Facilitator is Simon Pieters; status; Interop plans; Issues blocking PR. Status: Simon indicated some tests are still needed before interop testing can begin.
  • App Manifest
    • What is SysApps doing? Try to get Mounir to join.
  • DOM4 - status and plans
  • File API - high priority issues/bugs for v1; plan to publish LCWD
  • UI Events - what needs to be done before the spec is ready for FPWD?
  • URL - should this be removed from the charter if no one commits to move it along the REC track?

Agenda Thursday April 25

  • Evening Activity: @TBA

Agenda Friday April 26

  • 09:00 - 09:30 Agenda update
  • 09:30 - 10:00 Push API - is there sufficient commitment from Implementors to keep this spec in Charter? Should this spec be moved to the SysApps WG?; Eduardo Fullea will join via teleconf bridge.
  • 10:00 - 11:00 Testing; remote participation from Tobie, Ms2ger, Odin, Simon, James
    • New GH-based Testing Wiki by Odin; missing info?
    • Reviews: how are reviews done with GH? RfRs still needed to get WG-wide review? What are the minimum review requirements?
    • Testing CR exit criteria versus product testing
    • Test Facilitator roles, responsibilities
    • Organization: tests for CR; tests for latest ED
    • Interop results and Implementation Reports: format, depth; who run the tests and reports results
  • 11:00 - 11:30 Break
  • Admin (next f2f, URL, etc.)
  • 11:30 - 12:00
  • 12:00 - 12:30
  • 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch and finish

Raw Minutes

  • [@TBD April 25]
  • [@TBD April 26]