Collaborative work towards a Sports schema for schema.org.
Several parties have begun working towards a Sports Vocabulary proposal. See query from Paul Kelly (SportsML), Microdata + Sports Stats post describing earlier ESPN/Google collaboration, and the Sports Ontology used by BBC, Press Association and others.
- Posted March 2 2012, PDF exported (by firstname.lastname@example.org) from original Word .doc: File:Schema-sports-vocabulary-final 20120301.pdf
- This vocabulary documents the Microdata + Sports Stats collaboration between ESPN and Google, and is posted here as a contribution towards shared vocabulary development.
- HTML extracted from the source PDF has now been posted as several pages listed under 'Samples'
- Todo: excerpt/summary for Wiki
Paul Kelly's proposal using exploratory SportsML markup
ESPN Schema proposal (Extracted from Schema-sports-vocabulary-final_20120301.pdf)
- Sports Association
- Sports Athlete Football
- Sports Athlete Football (URLS)
- Sports Match Football
- Sports Period
- Sports Period Football
- Sports Standings
- Sports Stat
- Sports Organization
- Item types
Sample RDFa markup to illustrate the areas of interest for this schema and a proposed approach to generalizing such things as:
- Competitive roles in Sport - e.g field positions such as "Forward"
- Statistical values that are useful across sports - e.g "Wins"
- Sports Vocabulary