This page tracks a proposal to extend schema.org's vocabulary for describing people, organizations and contact points by indicating a 'socialAccount'. This would typically from a multi-user social network site e.g. Twitter but the link could be from any site of any size.
Add a new property, 'socialAccount':
- Comment: "Indicates a corresponding profile page for an account on a socially-oriented Web site."
- Used on types: ContactPoint, Person, MusicGroup, Organization, ServiceChannel
- Expected types: URL, WebPage (i.e. a plain link or an inline description are both OK)
- Language of the socialAccount could be roughly inferred from http://schema.org/availableLanguage on ServiceChannel or ContactPoint.
- The property does not mandate 'public profile' since account status settings can easily change. As with all personally identifying information, publishers should take care when describing other people.