This page tracks a proposal to extend schema.org's vocabulary for describing reservations. It is independent from, and complementary to, the work to add support for Actions.
Overview (extracted from the pdf)
"This proposal includes new types for describing reservations and tickets. A generalized Reservation type described, as well as subtypes for flight, train, bus, car, restaurant, event and hotel reservations. An additional type ReservationPackage is also proposed, which should be used to group complex reservations (e.g. flights with multiple legs, itineraries with a flight and a hotel) under a single item. "
Schema.org partners have agreed on a final design:
- schema, test build
- See candidate 1.0g announcement, which will now be called 1.1 when released (expected to be published March/April 2014).
See PDF for details. The core vocabulary additions/changes are, roughly:
- Thing > Reservation
- Thing > Enumeration > ReservationStatus
- Thing > ProgramMembership
- Thing > Reservation > ReservationPackage
- Thing > Reservation > EventReservation
- Thing > Reservation > FlightReservation
- Thing > Flight
- Thing > Reservation > FoodEstablishmentReservation
- Thing > Reservation > TrainReservation
- Thing >TrainTrip
- Thing > Reservation > BusReservation
- Thing > BusTrip
- Thing > Reservation > RentalCarReservation
- Thing > Product > Car > RentalCar
- Thing > Product > Car
- Thing > Reservation >LodgingReservation