- For schema.org's proposals tracker, see Extension proposals and changes.html (W3C database entry)
- Web Schemas is a W3C group used by the schema.org project to collaborate with the wider community.
- The group is not just for schema.org; however there is more traffic here about schema.org because it is the only schema.org mailing lists. Other projects/vocabularies are very welcome also!
The taskforce chairs are R.V.Guha (Google) and Dan Brickley (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Google)
In scope include collaborations on mappings, tools, extensibility and cross-syntax interoperability. An HTML Data group is nearby (see also public-html-data-tf list); detailed discussion about Web data syntax belongs there.
See the charter for more details.
The group uses the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
- See email@example.com archives
- Issue Tracker (organized into "Feedback on X" products/categories, where Xs are Schemas we're discussing)
- To subscribe, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: subscribe (see lists.w3.org for more details).
- If you are new to the W3C community, you will need to go through the archive approval process before your posts show up in the archives.
- To edit this wiki, you'll need a W3C account; these are available to all
- To search just this WebSchemas wiki, the issue tracker and schema.org-related mailing lists, try a a custom search.
Groups who maintain Web Schemas are welcome to use this forum as a feedback channel, in additional to whatever independent mechanisms they also offer.
In particular, the Schema.org initiative has adopted this group as its primary public feedback forum. Others are invited to do likewise.
Any W3C-related questions, ask Dan Brickley (SWIG chair), c/o email@example.com
For background discussion on this group, Schema.org and W3C's SWIG, the Oct 2011 Semantic Link podcast may be of interest.
For schema.org there are discussions on various sites (unofficial; this group is the only place monitored by Schema.org team) :
Proposals from and for Schema.org
The main table for managing/tracking schema.org proposals is maintained here: Schema.org Proposals
A separate entry discussed Schema.org Process as it relates to this group.
Possible future discussions for Schema.org extensions (proposals welcomed; this list is free-form...):
- Points of Interest (POIs), collab with W3C group. See data model, examples, latest spec draft.
- Journals / scholarly publishing
- Cultural heritage - libraries, museums, archives. See Linked Library W3C group, Europeana, DPLA, LOD-LAM etc.
- Bibliographic Schema Bib Extend
- Integration of constructs based on Good Relations, FOAF, Dublin Core, ...
- Linked Govt data
- Software / Apps
- Cars and Vehicles
- the relationships between all of these
Tools and Statistics
- Metadata statistics from Yahoo! Search
- RDFa, Microdata and Microformat deployment statistics from WebDataCommons.org (August 2012)
- Sindice stats (announcement)
- General stats discussion incl. Bizer et al.'s CommonCrawl extraction (announcement); there is some debate about shortcomings of this analysis and the proper interpretation of these.
- Search Tools
- Authoring Tools
- Vocabulary QA
- Sandro Hawke made a list of 'overloaded' schema.org properties that expect somethings a Thing, sometimes a Text value.
Mappings between various vocabularies of interest on the Web Schemas list. The following are mostly using schema.org as a hub, but others would be great to collect too.
- UMBEL schema.org mappings (data is in github)
- Dublin Core / Schema.org Allignment taskforce.
- schema.rdfs.org mapping page.
- A discussion note on schema.org and OData is available.
This group is about vocabulary (schemas) rather than specific markup syntax details. However since syntax specs are evolving in parallel, there are often discussions that need to mix syntax and vocabulary issues.
- from structured-data.org, some examples showing RDFa 1.1 lite versions of Schema.org's Microdata samples
Schema.org example sites - the following list give concrete examples of Schema.org sites (testable with Google richsnippets tool):
- TV series - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/ (Google checker)
- Product - http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Logitech-Revue-/97019743
- Movie - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/
- Music - http://www.myspace.com/awilolongombaofficiel/music/playlists/awilo-longomba-officiel-s-playlist-243959?_escaped_fragment_=
- Events - www.ticketmaster.com/Foo-Fighters-tickets/artist/776005?_escaped_fragment_=
- Recipe - http://www.isaveurs.com/recette/recette_tarte_tatin.php