Difference between revisions of "TimedText/tpac"

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda items)
(Agenda items)
Line 24: Line 24:
 
----
 
----
  
=== Agenda items ===
+
=== Agenda items covered on Monday (minutes [http://www.w3.org/2013/11/11-tt-minutes.html here]) ===
  
The agenda items below relate to P1 (or occasionally P2) issues as assigned on 24/10/2013, filtered to include those that will benefit from face to face discussion.
+
==== Approve Agenda [Chair] ====
 
+
==== Introductions [Chair] (15 mins?) ====
+
 
+
==== Approve Agenda [Chair] (10 mins?) ====
+
  
==== Profiles and versions [Glenn Adams] (90 mins?) ====
+
==== Profiles and versions [Glenn Adams] ====
 
* ISSUE-276: ttp:version vs ttp:profile vs ttp:contentProfile
 
* ISSUE-276: ttp:version vs ttp:profile vs ttp:contentProfile
 
* ISSUE-280: Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.
 
* ISSUE-280: Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.
 
* ISSUE-266: add ability for instance documents to declare what profile(s) it conforms to
 
* ISSUE-266: add ability for instance documents to declare what profile(s) it conforms to
 
* ISSUE-263: profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints
 
* ISSUE-263: profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints
* ISSUE-261: signaling docoument profile conformance is separate from decoder presentation requirements
+
* ISSUE-261: signaling document profile conformance is separate from decoder presentation requirements
 
* ISSUE-206: Add ttp:profileCombination parameter
 
* ISSUE-206: Add ttp:profileCombination parameter
 +
* ISSUE-297: Include Profile Designator in Profile Definition Document
  
==== Readability [NM] (60 mins?) ====
+
==== Readability [NM] ====
 
* ISSUE-285: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Line-based functions such as multiRowAlign
 
* ISSUE-285: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Line-based functions such as multiRowAlign
 
* ISSUE-286: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Row based padding, Background drawing
 
* ISSUE-286: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Row based padding, Background drawing
Line 47: Line 44:
 
* ISSUE-273: Map fontFamily to external font file resources
 
* ISSUE-273: Map fontFamily to external font file resources
  
==== Distribution [NM] (45 mins?) ====
+
==== Distribution [NM] ====
 
* ISSUE-288: Rules for splitting and accumulating documents
 
* ISSUE-288: Rules for splitting and accumulating documents
 
* ISSUE-270: Appendix N assumption that root temporal extent corresponds with the beginning of a related media object
 
* ISSUE-270: Appendix N assumption that root temporal extent corresponds with the beginning of a related media object
Line 53: Line 50:
 
==== IMSC [PAL] (120 mins?) ====
 
==== IMSC [PAL] (120 mins?) ====
 
* ISSUE-158: background images
 
* ISSUE-158: background images
* ISSUE-188: Bounding TTML (was: SDP-US) rendering complexity
 
 
* ISSUE-238: smpte:backgroundImage
 
* ISSUE-238: smpte:backgroundImage
 
* ISSUE-179: Interpreting the pixel measure
 
* ISSUE-179: Interpreting the pixel measure
* ISSUE-201: How to specify aspect ratio to understand positioning that may apply for display or video.
 
* ISSUE-295: Remove code point restrictions from IMSC
 
* ISSUE-296: Remove xml:lang placement restrictions from IMSC
 
  
==== Animate [Glenn Adams] (45 mins?) ====
+
=== Agenda items for Friday 0830-1800===
 +
 
 +
The agenda items below relate to P1 (or occasionally P2) issues as assigned on 24/10/2013, filtered to include those that will benefit from face to face discussion.
 +
 
 +
==== Introductions [Chair] (15 mins?) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Animate [Glenn Adams] (0845-0930) ====
 
* ISSUE-72: Smooth scrolling by means of reference area offset
 
* ISSUE-72: Smooth scrolling by means of reference area offset
 
* ISSUE-22: window fade in/out not supported?
 
* ISSUE-22: window fade in/out not supported?
Line 66: Line 65:
 
* ACTION-214: Review cp008 and consider reformulating the recently added <animate> support to better align http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal008 ("Animation beyond <set>”)
 
* ACTION-214: Review cp008 and consider reformulating the recently added <animate> support to better align http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal008 ("Animation beyond <set>”)
  
==== Inline Regions [Glenn] (30 mins?) ====
+
==== Inline Regions [Glenn] (0930-1000) ====
 
* ISSUE-176: Adding support for extent and origin attributes on block elements
 
* ISSUE-176: Adding support for extent and origin attributes on block elements
 
* ACTION-215: Specify special semantics for tts:{extent, origin} on content elements to map to new inline region feature
 
* ACTION-215: Specify special semantics for tts:{extent, origin} on content elements to map to new inline region feature
  
==== WebVTT [DS] (60 mins) ====
+
==== Readability and IMSC redux [NM, PAL] (1000-1030) ====
 +
* ISSUE-286: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Row based padding, Background drawing - action-234
 +
Internationalisation issues - may need to move to 1600:
 +
* ISSUE-295: Remove code point restrictions from IMSC
 +
* ISSUE-296: Remove xml:lang placement restrictions from IMSC
 +
 
 +
==== Break 1030-1100 ====
 +
 
 +
==== WebVTT [DS] (1100-1200) ====
 
* State of the spec report [Silvia]
 
* State of the spec report [Silvia]
 
* What work is needed on the spec to get it on rec track?
 
* What work is needed on the spec to get it on rec track?
Line 76: Line 83:
 
* Testing report [?]
 
* Testing report [?]
  
==== Converging WebVTT and TTML (60 mins?) ====
+
==== Lunch 1200-1300 ====
 +
 
 +
==== Converging WebVTT and TTML [NM, DS] (1300-1400) ====
 
* Underlying models WebVTT and TTML models [?]
 
* Underlying models WebVTT and TTML models [?]
** Strategic approach
+
** Strategic approach [http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Tt/TTWG_Consensus_Input Input from Web and TV IG TF]
 
* Change proposal 5 [PAL: Sean not present]
 
* Change proposal 5 [PAL: Sean not present]
  
==== TTWG Roadmap (60 mins) ====
+
==== TTWG Roadmap [NM] (1400-1500) ====
 
* Charter revision [Philippe Le Hegaret]
 
* Charter revision [Philippe Le Hegaret]
* Deliverables and timeline [Chair]
+
* Deliverables and timeline [NM]
 +
 
 +
==== Break 1500-1600 ====
 +
 
 +
==== IMSC continued [PAL] (1600-1700) ====
 +
* ISSUE-188: Bounding TTML (was: SDP-US) rendering complexity
 +
* ISSUE-201: How to specify aspect ratio to understand positioning that may apply for display or video.
  
==== Wrap-up (20 mins) ====
+
==== Wrap-up [NM] (1700-1730) ====
 +
* Summary of what we've done and actions
  
 
== Logistics ==
 
== Logistics ==

Revision as of 05:57, 14 November 2013

TTML Working Group F2F meeting Monday 11 and Friday 15 November 2013 in Shenzen China

See the TPAC Detailed schedule page here for timing and location details.

Monday 11th November

Session time: 0830-1800. Location: Taishan Hall, 3F, Building A

Friday 15th November

Session time: 0800-1500. Location: Taishan Hall, 3F, Building A

Agenda


Suggestions for agenda were added to the Discussion page. The draft agenda is now here (below)

TO DO

  • Add Issue references to each agenda topic
  • Prioritise agenda topics
  • Plan rough timings and which topic items will be covered on which day

Agenda items covered on Monday (minutes here)

Approve Agenda [Chair]

Profiles and versions [Glenn Adams]

  • ISSUE-276: ttp:version vs ttp:profile vs ttp:contentProfile
  • ISSUE-280: Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.
  • ISSUE-266: add ability for instance documents to declare what profile(s) it conforms to
  • ISSUE-263: profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints
  • ISSUE-261: signaling document profile conformance is separate from decoder presentation requirements
  • ISSUE-206: Add ttp:profileCombination parameter
  • ISSUE-297: Include Profile Designator in Profile Definition Document

Readability [NM]

  • ISSUE-285: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Line-based functions such as multiRowAlign
  • ISSUE-286: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Row based padding, Background drawing
  • ISSUE-283: Deterministic text wrapping and presentation
  • ISSUE-294: Shrink text to fit
  • ISSUE-273: Map fontFamily to external font file resources

Distribution [NM]

  • ISSUE-288: Rules for splitting and accumulating documents
  • ISSUE-270: Appendix N assumption that root temporal extent corresponds with the beginning of a related media object

IMSC [PAL] (120 mins?)

  • ISSUE-158: background images
  • ISSUE-238: smpte:backgroundImage
  • ISSUE-179: Interpreting the pixel measure

Agenda items for Friday 0830-1800

The agenda items below relate to P1 (or occasionally P2) issues as assigned on 24/10/2013, filtered to include those that will benefit from face to face discussion.

Introductions [Chair] (15 mins?)

Animate [Glenn Adams] (0845-0930)

  • ISSUE-72: Smooth scrolling by means of reference area offset
  • ISSUE-22: window fade in/out not supported?
  • ISSUE-227: <p> fade-up and –down
  • ACTION-214: Review cp008 and consider reformulating the recently added <animate> support to better align http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal008 ("Animation beyond <set>”)

Inline Regions [Glenn] (0930-1000)

  • ISSUE-176: Adding support for extent and origin attributes on block elements
  • ACTION-215: Specify special semantics for tts:{extent, origin} on content elements to map to new inline region feature

Readability and IMSC redux [NM, PAL] (1000-1030)

  • ISSUE-286: Presentation :: Readability issues :: Row based padding, Background drawing - action-234

Internationalisation issues - may need to move to 1600:

  • ISSUE-295: Remove code point restrictions from IMSC
  • ISSUE-296: Remove xml:lang placement restrictions from IMSC

Break 1030-1100

WebVTT [DS] (1100-1200)

  • State of the spec report [Silvia]
  • What work is needed on the spec to get it on rec track?
  • Implementation report [?]
  • Testing report [?]

Lunch 1200-1300

Converging WebVTT and TTML [NM, DS] (1300-1400)

  • Underlying models WebVTT and TTML models [?]
  • Change proposal 5 [PAL: Sean not present]

TTWG Roadmap [NM] (1400-1500)

  • Charter revision [Philippe Le Hegaret]
  • Deliverables and timeline [NM]

Break 1500-1600

IMSC continued [PAL] (1600-1700)

  • ISSUE-188: Bounding TTML (was: SDP-US) rendering complexity
  • ISSUE-201: How to specify aspect ratio to understand positioning that may apply for display or video.

Wrap-up [NM] (1700-1730)

  • Summary of what we've done and actions

Logistics