Testing/Test Framework TF/WebDriver
From W3C Wiki
- Device visits the test server. If it is identified as being WebDriver-compatible (how do you do this identification still tba), the user is asked to enable WebDriver (how you do this seems device specific and potentially painful) and provide the remote's IP address (via an form input field?).
- The test server connect to the device using the provided IP address.
- The test server instructs the device to navigate to each test page it needs to run.
- if the test page uses testharness.js, the results are sent back to the test server via the JSON protocol.
- if the test page is a ref test, a screenshot is sent back to the test server and compared to the reference image there.
- Once the tests are all run, the test server compiles the results and navigates the browser to the results page.
Current native implementations
- Desktop and FirefoxOS https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Marionette
- Fennec impl stalled: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787203 not being worked on actively and is blocked by https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787280