Testing/Resource Center TF/Resource Center Requirements
From W3C Wiki
This is a notepad for the Resource Center Requirements deliverable.
Loosely based on: http://tobie.github.com/w3c-testing-plan/
There needs to be a centralized resource for all test-related activities at W3C. This should be a properly designed, branded and referenced website centered around three key activities:
- writing tests,
- running tests, and
- consuming test results.
The resource center needs to:
- Display and provide an API to current and past (to measure progress) status of test coverage.
- Display and provide an API to current and past test results of different user agent.
- Host and instance of the Test Framework so that test suites can be run and their results cllected.
- Provide a system to sign-up to write test for specific specs (or part of specs),
- Host all test related documentation for:
- specific W3C testing tools such as testharness.js,
- any API,
- downloading and running the test suites locally,
- process for submitting, licensing and reviewing tests.
- Incentivize test authors and reviewers by showcasing them and through gamification.
- Integrate with specifications and webplatform.com to include test coverage info and implementation support directly into specs and docs (e.g. using a similar architecture as caniuse widgets).