TPAC2013-Planning

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a placeholder for the page for the Program committee that is planning TPAC 2013.

Agenda ideas

THIS DATA SUPERSEDED BY REAL AGENDAS LINKED FROM TPAC HOME PAGE


  • These are notes on agendas; they are subject to change wildly. Please add your TPAC2013/SessionIdeas
  • Speakers are unconfirmed unless noted confirmed.
  • IJ needs to get clear confirmations

Sunday TPAC Intro Session

  • 10:00-11:30: Organization TBD

Tuesday Chair Training breakfast

  • 07:30-08:45: Chair training breakfast.
    • Some training, strategies for training
    • For current chairs
    • Ideas - one topic in depth? Review list of chair topics from headlights? Go around table looking for challenges of interest to chairs?
    • Two logistical options in discussion: (1) breakfast at the hotel restaurant max 17, or (2) tea break in a meeting room; we are checking on getting delivery of food in tower B.

AC Meeting Tuesday Morning

Note: This Tuesday morning session is optional and the agenda will be primarily determined by those in the room.

  • 09:00-09:05: Welcome from Jeff Jaffe (confirmed)
  • 09:05-10:00: Open Mic (participants can ask any questions of W3M). Use this session also to build post-break agenda.
  • 10:00-10:30: Break
  • 10:30-12:30: Sessions determined by pre-TPAC agenda discussions and open mic. See (see TPAC2013/SessionIdeas)

AC Meeting Tuesday Afternoon

  • 13:30-14:30: CEO Overview (W3C participation trends, AC tracker, Member participation earlier in Headlights 2014, current/upcoming reviews) (Jeff Jaffe confirmed)
  • 14:30-14:45: Finance update (Veronica Thom)
  • 14:45-15:15: Hot topic
  • 15:15-15:45: Break
  • 15:45-16:30: Bringing Web and Native Closer Together [Web of Devices] (Dom to organize). CONFIRMED
  • 16:30-17:00: TPAC2013/The Web of Things is Coming Soon [Web of Devices]. Dave Raggett. CONFIRMED
    • Risk of silos. How can we keep open with a cohesive architecture?
    • Current standards efforts (e.g., IETF work related to HTTP, relevant W3C work, EU projects)
    • Ian talking with Tencent and in discussions with Jim Bell about an industry rep
    • Dom and Dave think BOF may be more appropriate at this stage. But can talk about what we have, challenges we foresee, CG+Research projects
  • 17:00-17:30: AB priorities. (Jeff to talk to AB taks force leads). CONFIRMED: Jeff: we need 1 hour so needs to move.
  • Reception
    • No agenda, ample seating, make it easy to move around.

TPAC Plenary Day

  • 08:55-09:00: CEO Welcome
  • 09:00-09:30: Normative References (PLH, Ralph). CONFIRMED
  • 09:30-10:00: Document licenses. Tim will lead this session on why the cc-by experiment. CONFIRMED
  • 10:00-10:30: Break
  • 10:30-11:00: Streamlined Recommendation Track Proposal from the AB (Chaals, SteveZ). CONFIRMED.
  • 11:00-12:00: Discussion with the TAG (DanA, PeterL) CONFIRMED 2013-10-02
  • 12:00-12:30: Breakout preparation (Ian Jacobs)
  • 12:30-14:00: Lunch
  • 14:00-15:00: Breakouts (see TPAC2013/SessionIdeas)
  • 15:00-15:15: Break
  • 15:15-16:15: Breakouts (see TPAC2013/SessionIdeas)
  • 16:15-16:30: Break
  • 16:30-17:30: Breakouts (see TPAC2013/SessionIdeas).
  • 17:30-18:00: Sharing results

AC Meeting Thursday Morning

  • 08:30-09:30: Open Mic for TPAC follow-up
  • 09:30-10:00: Testing the Web Forward (update) [Robust Web] (Tobie Langel). CONFIRMED
  • 10:00-10:30: The Future of Tracking Protection [Robust Web] Carl Cargill. CONFIRMED.
    • Scope may broaden.
  • 10:30-11:00: Break
  • 11:00-11:30: What's in Style in the CSS Working Group [Expanding Web]. Peter Linss CONFIRMED
    • Charles recommends for responsive design to reach out to WAI, Web and Mobile IG, TV Web IG as well
  • 11:30-12:00: Hot topic
  • 12:00-12:30: How WebRTC is Transforming Communications[Expanding Web]. Stefan Hakansson CONFIRMED
    • NOTE: WebRTC scheduling done in conjunction with WG chairs; please do not move without checking with Ian
  • 12:30-14:00 Lunch

Other ideas on the table

Suggest for breakouts

  • Security work at W3C (Dan Romascanu, Wendy Seltzer, Mark Nottingham)
    • "It looks like IETF Vancouver (the week before Shenzhen) is brewing to be very security/privacy focused, including not only discussion in my WG (HTTPbis), but also the Applications Area Working Group, possibly at the plenary session, and of course within the Security Area. It might be worth devoting some time to these subjects (which probably falls into the "privacy as more than DNT" bucket), and possibly an update from the IETF perspective."
  • Charles: How to approach work that has a strong policy component.

Dropped sessions (after research)

  • Vehicle API
  • Preview calls

Other suggestions for 2013 not yet taken into account above

  • Newly joined members from China have requested a session on IPR policies (2-3 hours). Angel has started the converstion with legal team to see whether this is feasible
  • Increasing participation (especially in WGs)
  • Schema.org (Jean-Pierre Evain)

Events for TPAC2013

TPAC 2013 home

  • Nov 7, 2013, Beijing: C-level event for W3M, Busdev team and management of Chinese members
  • Nov 9, 2013, Shenzhen: Test The Web Forward (Wuzhou Hotel)
  • Nov 10, 2013, Shenzhen: Tencent event
  • Nov 10, 2013, Shenzhen: WAI workshop as a session in Tencent event --- (confirmed with Tracy from Tencent)
  • Nov 10, 2013, Intro Day in the afternoon
  • Nov 11-15, 2013, Shenzhen:TPAC2013
  • Nov 16, 2013, Shenzhen: one day off
  • Nov 17, 2013, Shenzhen: Team Day
  • TPAC2013-accessibility

Please note that the dates above, except the dates for TPAC, are still under discussion.

Suggestions for Scribing for TPAC2013 ( from Wendy and Josh )

  • 2 projectors, one for slides, the other for irc minutes
  • offer accounts with cloudirc or similar service (Web service sets up a persistent connection to the irc server, so you don't lose your nick or backlog when the local connection drops)
  • get everyone in the room to Present+ him/herself (or use tech,badge-in with a scanner or NFC reader)
  • large-print name cards for the table to make it easier for scribes to identify speakers
  • 2-sided name tags with extra large-print names and nicks, and the language(s) people speak
  • table microphones near every participant would be great, or multiple mics with someone walking around to shuttle them to speakers
  • recording: the minimum requirement is audio recording with video recording as a wouldn't it be lovely requirement
  • transcription
  • Translation on the fly with Mibbit client and Google Translate? [This has been broken for months --Coralie]