Difference between revisions of "TPAC2013-Planning"
(→Suggested Invitation letter solution for TPAC2013)
(→Suggestions for Scribing for TPAC2013 （ from Wendy and Josh ))
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Revision as of 03:42, 16 July 2013
This is a placeholder for the page for planning TPAC 2013
Feedback from 2012
Suggestions for 2013
- Newly joined members from China have requested a session on IPR policies (2-3 hours)
Angel has started the converstion with legal team to see whether this is feasible
Events for TPAC2013
- Nov 7, 2013, Beijing: C-level event for W3M, Busdev team and management of Chinese members
- Nov 9, 2013, Shenzhen: Test The Web Forward （Wuzhou Hotel)
- Nov 10, 2013, Shenzhen: Tencent event
- Nov 10, 2013, Shenzhen: WAI workshop as a session in Tencent event --- (confirmed with Tracy from Tencent)
- Nov 10, 2013, Intro Day in the afternoon
- Nov 11-15, 2013, Shenzhen:TPAC2013
- Nov 16, 2013, Shenzhen: one day off
- Nov 17, 2013, Shenzhen: Team Day
Please note that the dates above, except the dates for TPAC, are still under discussion.
Invitation letter solution for TPAC2013
We will add to the TPAC registration WBS a section for those who need an invitation letter to provide information. Beihang will use the data to generate the invitations and send a static PDF file to the email address used for the registration.
Suggestions for Scribing for TPAC2013 （ from Wendy and Josh )
- 2 projectors, one for slides, the other for irc minutes
- offer accounts with cloudirc or similar service (Web service sets up a persistent connection to the irc server, so you don't lose your nick or backlog when the local connection drops)
- get everyone in the room to Present+ him/herself (or use tech,badge-in with a scanner or NFC reader)
- make name cards for the table as well as making sure name tags are
- 2-sided with large-print names and nicks, to make it easier for scribes to identify speakers
- table microphones near every participant would be great, or multiple mics with someone walking around to shuttle them to speakers
- Translation on the fly with Mibbit client and Google Translate?