This document includes information about Remote Meetings such as requirements, proposals, etc. Good support for remote meeting participants is mandatory given the global distribution Members and the reality that some Members do not have the resources to attend face-to-face meeting (for example, typical Advisory Committee meetings only have about 25% of the Members at the meeting).
- Insist on disciplined use of a speaking queue
- Make sure people are using a microphone correctly (e.g. if people wave it about, remind them to point it to their mouth)
- IRC scribing. This is standard W3C practice, but doing it well is important for remote participants.
- Sharing links, and putting text under discussion into IRC or online.
- Microphones, and speakers that can be picked up by the connection hardware
- Sufficient network reliability