XProc New Steps
From W3C Wiki
[Back to XprocVnext]
New simple steps and compound steps
Someone should work through http://exproc.org/proposed/steps/ and make entries below. Someone should work through http://xmlcalabash.com/docs/reference/ looking at extension steps and making entries below
Should we have a p:sort? What would it look like?
- xsl:sort provides one possible model -- how much would we use?
Validation with error
Is there a way to have validation not require try-catch to access error messages? So that we could stream validation?
- Try-catch can't be streamed, because if there is an error, however late in the day, there is no output on the primary output. . .
Some kind of support for scatter-gather/map-reduce/whatever you like to call it
- Does this need anything we don't have already
Iterate until condition
Repeat a step/group? until some XPath expression is satisfied, feeding its output back as its input after the first go-around
- Special built-in support for iterate to fixed-point?
- Reference xsl:iterate
- iterate-to-fixed-point already implemented as an extension step in Calabash: ex:until-unchanged
Dynamic pipeline execution
Run a pipeline whose XML representation is input
With an intrinsic switch built-in
A step(s) to handle SMTP and sending e-mail messages.