This wiki is for connecting the W3C communities (Web developers, implementers, people who make the W3C specifications). The W3C has a formal track for making standards specifications. The specs answer a lot of questions, but not all of them. The wiki is used by many communities such as the Open Web Platform and the Semantic Web. You might want to contribute to W3C work
Pages here have no formal status but may have WikiConsensus. Questions & answers here may be misleading, or just plain wrong. Or, they may be useful. You are welcome to add, fix, develop and rearrange topics.
|W3C invites the public to edit this wiki. W3C Membership is not required but you must have an account. Request a Public W3C Account to get started. Note that you must log in with your account in order to edit the wiki.|
Areas of HTML being developed
- WHATWG / WHATCG
- You might be interesting by learning HTML or have a reference about HTML elements
- The W3C Quality Assurance was a dedicated W3C activity from 2001 to 2005. It included work on the Markup validator, but also touched upon topics such as tracking issues and URI testing among others. The W3C maintains a liaison with IETF to coordinate on technologies and specification related to the Open Web Platform Übersetzung Englisch Deutsch
See http://w3.org/TR for current specs. Work being done to improve specs in general:
- SpecProd - an effort to restyle spec content design.
- Spec Advancement - proposals for accelerating spec advancement.
An attempt to round up discussions about extensibility, versioning, naming, identifiers, registries, standards process.
- GoodURIs, OpenFormats, HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Tasks/URI Best Practices
- Semantic Web FAQs, SemanticWebTools, SPARQL, Category:Grddl, OwlAuthoringTools
- Semantic Web Education and Outreach Interest Group
- Semantic Bioinformatics
- Semantic Web Job Mart - looking for work in the field? Looking for employees?
Security and Privacy
- Security, starting around March 2006, for discussion on W3C Security-related specifications and enhancements to XML-Dsig
- Using Web technologies implies traceability, logs, identification, therefore Privacy is becoming a growing concern from the community and need to be addressed at the technical level.
- IdentityBrowser, a wiki page for notes relating to the W3C Identity in the Browser Workshop
- IdentityCharter, a wiki page for the draft charter which may include Crypto API and Identity API
- SchemaComposition and topics related to XML Schema, prompted by the W3C Workshop on XML Schema 1.0 User Experiences
- XprocVnext for candidate requirements discussion by the XML Processing Model WG
- MailingLists, InternetRelayChat, JabberChickenEgg, ConnectingAudiences, ScheduledTopicChat, AdvancedDevelopment, StaffBooks
- Local communities See: Category Gatherings
Traditional Wiki starting points:
- RecentChanges: see where people are currently working (see also MailingLists)
- Help pages: to get you going
- WikiSandBox: feel free to change this page and experiment with editing
- FindPage: search or browse the database in various ways
To be classified
stuff to move to SemanticWebTools:
- Semantic Web Tools SemanticWebTools, Corese (RDF, RDFS, SPARQL), Jena (RDF, RDFS, OWL), Writing services, Sesame, TAP, Redland, hk1980.rdf (interface only) Cerebra Server (RDF, RDFS, OWL) OWLIM (RDF, RDFS, OWL), LSDIS_Lab's BRAHMS main-memory RDF/S storage (NL to RDF, SeRQL) . See the separate page for a more comprehensive listing
- Semantic Web Authoring Tools IdeaGraph, IsaViz (RDF editing GUIs), Morla, Cerebra Workbench
- Converters to and from RDF ConverterToRdf ConverterFromRdf
- Semantic Web Applications SeedApplications, SemanticWebUseCases, VocabularyMarket, GeoInfo, ServiceDescription, RestaurantRecommendation, RdfThesaurus, MultiLingual, MozillaRdf, DmozRdf, RdfCalendar, ImageDescription, ConceptualApplications, SkosDev, LSDIS_Lab's ActiveSemanticElectronicMedicalRecord deployed and in use at Athens_Heart_Center, SPARQL Box
- Project Incubators: Path-Rad Correlation
- Usability and HCI: SemanticWebUsability state of the art in HCI/Usability
- RDF vocabularies
- Design Patterns: PartWhole, InterpretationProperties, DeltaView, RdfSmushing, SemanticWebArchitecture, , SocialMeaning, NaturalLanguageInterfaces, GermanTranslations, TextValues and RdfCoreXmlLiteral, ConfigurationManagement, LargeTripleStores (and RdfStoreBenchmarking), Contexts, RoleNoun, RDFa
- FAQs , Category:Faq, Dave Beckett's Resource Description Framework (RDF) Resource Guide (is this an FAQ?), Semantic Web FAQ, FaqIdeas (desperately needs refactoring!)
- Serializations of RDF NotationThree, SpotOfDrama (Atom/SOAP/RDF), ExtensibilityFramework or here, PieNt (an alternative serialization of RDF to RdfTriples ), Cerebra Repository (RDF, RDFS, OWL), SimpleRdfXml
- Recent Experiments ASQ, SWAD-Europe work packages: EswWp2, EswWp7 and EswWp10, SemWebSpain, WikiPedia:Massachusetts_Institute_of_Technology 's SIMILE (Semantic Interoperability of Metadata and Information in unLike Environments), SemanticWebEnablingConferences, EdmProofing
Issues for HTML Working Group: