MBUI Telecon 2012 March 15
From W3C Wiki
Review what we did at the 1st face to face
Review pending actions
- Refinement of the MBUI Use Cases in the wiki (all participants) until 24. February 2012
- Extraction of important things from the benefits of MBUID and when to use notes (Francois) until 24. February 2012
- Extraction of important things from the shortcomings notes (Vivian, Jaroslav) until 24. February 2012
- Integration of the harmonized notes of the second day in the wiki (Marius) until 24. February 2012
- Set up of a doodle poll for the next F2F-meeting (Gerrit) until 24. February 2012 [DONE]
- Set up of a management platform (Jean) until 31. March 2012
- Task Forces (Task model - Fabio, AUI model - Jean) coordinate their work on their own
Poll on 2nd face to face
- Gerrit created a poll http://www.doodle.com/xxmgdqiey85qc9xe
- Fabio Paternò, Lucio Davide Spano, ISTI CNR
- Jaroslav Pullmann, Fraunhofer FIT
- Nikolaos Kaklanis, CERTH/ITI
- Sebastian Feuerstack, UFSCar
- Javier Rodríguez Escolar, Cristina Gonzales, CTIC
UCL had difficulties dialling in. Dave was sick and couldn't call in.
Gerrit is ill, he asked Fabio to chair the conf-call.
Review of the Use Cases. We have to add a few lines about the role of the MBUI languages in the description of the use cases, which is already in the Wiki (see actions section).
Task forces. We have to set up two task forces for creating a working draft, one for task models and another one for Abstract User Interfaces. Since the first version is expected by March the 30th, we cannot perform an extensively review and evaluation of all existing languages. Therefore, it is better to focus on the languages that have been submitted to the MBUI group. We will consider the following languages:
Since we will focus on the abstract level, which is platform-agnostic, rather than on the concrete level, at the moment MIM is out of scope
Working draft. We will create a document that includes a metamodel proposal together with text explanation. It is better to create a small group of 2-3 persons as the main editors that collect reviews and comments from the participants. Fabio will lead the Task group, while Jean the AUI one. For the communication it is possible to use the public mailing list, or directly contact persons involved.
Next F2F meeting. As Gerrit pointed out EICS workshops and conference in Copenhagen cover almost the entire week so we cannot have the meeting there. Since various participants to the MBUI-WG are involved in Serenoa we agreed to have the next face-to-face meeting in Pisa the 11th of June, afterwards there will be a Serenoa meeting. In this way we can facilitate the participation of the Serenoa industrial partners (Telefonica, SAP, …)
AOB. We do not need to include a long motivation section in the working drafts, because we already motivated the approach in the Incubator group document. We should focus on the languages description.
- Add the role of MBUI languages in the description of the use-cases (2-3) lines. The deadline is April the 15th