Headlights2014/Data gathering on existing Web usages
Name of idea
Data gathering on existing usages of Web technologies in the wild.
This idea is
- None of the above: a way to improved our ability to produce relevant standards
One Hundred Word Description of the Idea
This headlight suggests the creation of a more robust infrastructure available to all Working Groups, lowering the bar for groups to adopt these practices and increasing W3C visibility on emerging needs for standardization.
Benefit(s) to Web or W3C
- greater visibility on new usage
- better feedback loop on standards development
- more efficient usage of Working Group participants time
Which of our stakeholders would be the most enthusiastic in supporting
- WG chairs and participants
Feedback/Questions on the idea
- wseltzer: What is a "Web usage"? I don't understand the scope of the proposed repository.