From W3C Wiki
W3C management reviews W3C priorities and resources on an ongoing basis, and annually (typically mid-year) explores major re-allocations of resources to align with important trends. W3C Members and W3C Staff use this wiki to identify some potential directions for W3C (technical, organizational, etc.).
These are proposals for discussion. Do not assume that W3C endorses these ideas or has allocated any resources to pursuing them beyond initial discussion.
See also Headlights2013.
Instructions for W3C Members and Staff
- Create a new page in this wiki for each proposal. The content of the page should follow the template below.
- Add a link to your topic in the list of proposals below.
- October 2013 - January 2014: Proposals from W3C Members and Staff added to this page
- Jan 2014: W3C management prioritization of headlights ideas
- Feb 2014: Announcement of topics selected for further development and start of task forces
- Feb - May 2014: Idea Development
- June 2014: AC meeting discussion
- June-July 2014: further development
- July 2014: W3M evaluation of proposals and assignment of resources
Add link to your proposal here:
- Example Proposal to help you organize your proposal
- W3C Community On-Boarding Making it easier for new participants to contribute
- 3D as a native element for HTML using CSS Style (similar to CSS3 animations)
To use this template, please copy the following subsections to the wiki page for your idea and complete them.
Name of idea
IDEA NAME HERE
YOUR NAME HERE
This idea is (CHOOSE ONE):
- An area of web standardization that arises from the increased application of web technology to a new business segment (e.g. entertainment, publishing, health, energy, government).
- A trend in information technology that requires new standardizations (e.g. cloud computing, social networking, a search platform, a gaming platform)
- A specific technology area that requires new standardization (e.g. structured vocabularies, privacy, REST)
- A new scope of work for W3C for an existing technology area (e.g. education, testing, validation, certification, profiles)
- None of the above
One Hundred Word Description of the Idea
YOUR DESCRIPTION HERE
Benefit(s) to Web or W3C
YOUR DESCRIPTION HERE
Which of our stakeholders would be the most enthusiastic in supporting
YOUR LIST HERE
Feedback/Questions on the idea
Feedback provided by people reviewing the ideas