This article is a stub. You can help the W3C wiki by expanding it.
HTML Working Group 2014 April Meeting
This page is for the HTML WG f2f: 8-9 April (Tuesday-Wednesday).
Registration is now closed
This Meeting Page, in particular the Agenda, is a WorkInProgress and Will Change!
Working Group Meetings schedule
|Tuesday 8||Wednesday 9||Thursday 10||Friday 11|
|HTML||Web Applications (*)|
NOTE: Paypal is hosting a reception at 5pm on Wed Apr 9 at the meeting location.
Requests for observer participation
If you'd like to participate as an observer who does related work, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The list of observers is now closed.
- Zhiqiang Zhang, Intel
Specifications, Documents and References
- W3C DOM4 Last Call
- Canvas2D CR
- Canvas2D Level 2
- HTML 5.0 CR status and timetable
- HTML 5.0 CR test overview page announcement, Dec 2013
- Overview of testing in view of CR exit
- Review of items needing testing
- Review of items needing tests
- HTML 5.0 test results (to be provided by start of F2F)
- Datetime input timezone issues - maybe useful to show/discuss actual existing web UIs in person (no consensus apparent in email discussions)
- HTML 5.1
- Divergence between HTMLWG/WHATWG on "HTML(5(.1))" features
- specifically: different definitions for same feature(s) (e.g. datetime <input>s)
- not about: different feature *sets* (omissions/exclusions/extensions/removals)
- HTML Landscape of differences
- Working Group culture and participation
- Extension specs
- Last Call specifications
- Media Task Force
- Future F2F meetings
- Meeting Host = eBay
- IRC channel = #html-wg; irc.w3.org (available ports are 6667, 6665, or 21)
- Ports 6665 and 21 appear to be blocked by wifi "eBayGuest"
- Dates = April 8-9 2014
- Time = See below; all times are US West Coast time zone
- Location = eBay, 2211 north 1st street, San Jose, CA, 95131
- Meeting Room = TBD
- Everyone will be required to check in at the front desk in building 10 and obtain a guest badge.
- Guest Wireless access - eBayGuest / (check flipchart in the room for password)
- Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 4865 ("HTML"). SIP access is available via a gateway.
For nearby hotels, see last year page of the Protocols and Formats group
Agenda April 8
- 09:00 - 09:45 Tweak agenda à la an unconference style meeting
- 9:45 - 10:15 DOM4 Last Call status update and Canvas 2D CR update
- 10:15 - 10:30 Coffee
- 10:30 - 12:00 HTML 5.0 testing status and HTML 5.0 CR and timetable (+planned end of CR for Canvas)
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 - 14:00 HTML WG culture and participation and divergence from WHATWG specs
- 14:00 - 15:00 Other spec updates - Extension specs, Polyglot and Image Description LC status
- 15:00 - 15:15 Coffee
- 15:15 - 16:15 HTML 5.1
- 16:15 - 17:00 TBD
Agenda April 9
- 09:00 - 12:00 noon: Media Task Force discussions on EME and MSE (Proposed)
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch
- 13:00 - 14:00 Datetime items
- 14:00 - 15:00 IAB and HTML5 areas of collaboration
- 15:00 - 17:00 [Continue] HTML 5.0 testing and CR results
- 17:00 - 19:00 Reception