From W3C Wiki
Agenda for the April 21st Editors' Meeting
Items not necessarily in order.
Go through source, work towards greater alignment, e.g. ping attribute
Improving the SotD text
- New features
- Quick roadmap questions
Handling of the bug stack
bug resolution expectations
assigning bugs to whatwg product
Relationship to testing
Keeping cherry picking up to date
Editors' decision template
Communication between editors
Communication/co-ordination with the WHATWG
Status of W3C spec as per WHATWG: "The W3C also publishes parts of this specification as separate documents. One of these parts is called "HTML5"; it is a forked subset of this specification (the HTML Living Standard). There are numerous differences between this specification (the HTML Living Standard) and the W3C version, some minor, some major. Unfortunately these are not currently accurately documented anywhere, so there is no way to know which are intentional and which are not."
Updating HTML5 CR - and what to do with the "editorial_fixes" branch
what to do with author spec and HTML: markup language spec
- [DONE] Taking turns to do cherry-picking, one of us for every week.
- [DONE] Silvia will add details to the procedure so that it's easy to take over.
- [DONE] Order: Travis (week 17), Erika, Ted, Silvia, Robin, Steve
- Ted and Robin will try to make time during WebApps to finish the algorithm transcoding script
- <main> needs to be issued as a Note
- [DONE] Robin will do a last merge of editorial_fixes and then kill the branch (then let Silvia know)
- Robin to investigate dropping @ping from the WHATWG spec
RobinSteve to list differences between W3C and WHATWG specs (see http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/W3C-WHATWG-Differences, separate document)
- Robin to list those that should be eliminated
- Robin to make a section in the spec listing them
- Robin to update the status section, link to testing, link to real repo, etc.
- Robin to check on status of <track> element tests in old-tests/submission//Opera/media/track/ and import them if needed
- [DONE] Robin to propose end-of-lifing H:TML and Author View
- and if it passes release a Note for each.
- [DONE] Sam to make the Decision Policy a cool URI
- [DONE] Robin to propose simplified boilerplate for editors' decisions and open a bug again the decision policy for that.