Difference between revisions of "HCLSIG/LODD/Meetings/2010-06-23 Conference Call"

From W3C Wiki
< HCLSIG‎ | LODD‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search
(Added minutes taken by rboyce.)
Line 16: Line 16:
 
* Outreach (TCM, ACS) - All
 
* Outreach (TCM, ACS) - All
 
* AOB
 
* AOB
 +
 +
== Minutes ==
 +
 +
[06/23/10 17:09] <rboyce> susie: recap of previous meeting
 +
[06/23/10 17:10] <Susie> [http://www.instancematching.org/oaei/imei2010.html]
 +
[06/23/10 17:10] <rboyce> scribenick: rboyce
 +
[06/23/10 17:10] <Susie> [http://www.scharffe.fr/events/oaei2010/]
 +
[06/23/10 17:11] <rboyce> topic: ontology alignment initiative
 +
[06/23/10 17:11] <rboyce> Francois Scharffe et al have selected LODD nodes of interest
 +
[06/23/10 17:12] <rboyce> from group perspective -- wait for feedback
 +
[06/23/10 17:12] <rboyce> agenda other data updates:
 +
[06/23/10 17:13] <rboyce> rxnorm --
 +
[06/23/10 17:13] <janos> [http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/rxnorm/RXAUI/3051391]
 +
[06/23/10 17:14] <rboyce> added ~35K links to dailymed using OWL "same-as"
 +
[06/23/10 17:15] <rboyce> links from drug product in rxnorm to dailymed label
 +
[06/23/10 17:15] <rboyce> why not link to RDF version?
 +
[06/23/10 17:16] <janos> [http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=8c166755-7711-4df9-d689-8836a1a70885]
 +
[06/23/10 17:17] <rboyce> using ID a document ID
 +
[06/23/10 17:17] <rboyce> not present in RDF
 +
[06/23/10 17:18] <rboyce> will this document id change when dailymed labels change?
 +
[06/23/10 17:19] <rboyce> how could we avoid dead links
 +
[06/23/10 17:19] <rboyce> might be able to link on active-moiety or chemical id
 +
[06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> exploring using lodd
 +
[06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> especially dailymed, and to some extent drugbank
 +
[06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> want to pull out labels
 +
[06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> using nlp to see information about pharmacokinetics
 +
[06/23/10 17:21] <Susie> see if other information that supplements the product label
 +
[06/23/10 17:21] <Susie> the poc exposed some issues in those data sources
 +
[06/23/10 17:21] <Susie> been trying to contact Anja
 +
[06/23/10 17:22] * egonw is booting the computer for Skype to call in
 +
[06/23/10 17:23] <rboyce> offering to mirror LODD at U of Pitt
 +
[06/23/10 17:23] <rboyce> maintain DailyMed and DrugBank note
 +
[06/23/10 17:25] <rboyce> todo: Rich -- try to get fixes working with Anja and then discuss how to mirror or maintain nodes
 +
[06/23/10 17:25] <rboyce> would possibly need to get a persistent URL
 +
[06/23/10 17:26] <rboyce> would make sense to generate persistent URLs for new data sources moving forward (where possible)
 +
[06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> Susie suggests being opportunistic about the use of persistant URLs
 +
[06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> no other updates
 +
[06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> agenda item: outreach
 +
[06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> paper on traditional chinese medicine will be published
 +
[06/23/10 17:28] <rboyce> Egon -- hosting a session on linked data at ACS in the fall (Boston)
 +
[06/23/10 17:28] <rboyce> Eric will present on LODD at same conference
 +
[06/23/10 17:28] <rboyce> agenda item: mapping experimental data to RDF
 +
[06/23/10 17:29] <rboyce> not much progress to date -- is this aligned with interest of group?
 +
[06/23/10 17:30] <rboyce> there is a paper on mapping some experimental data to RDF
 +
[06/23/10 17:30] <rboyce> how about taking that paper and extending it to create some guidelines for W3C?
 +
[06/23/10 17:31] <Susie> [[Mapping Experimental Data]]
 +
[06/23/10 17:32] <rboyce> Rich is interested for drug safety / post-market reasons
 +
[06/23/10 17:33] <rboyce> most agree that the mapping effort would be of interest to several in the group
 +
[06/23/10 17:33] <rboyce> Susie will share copy of the accepted paper with group -- give feedback if we could build on this work.
 +
[06/23/10 17:34] <rboyce> Proposed team goal: commit to reading by next phone call
 +
[06/23/10 17:34] * egonw managed to get skyped in
 +
[06/23/10 17:35] <rboyce> discuss at the next call -- what is useful?
 +
[06/23/10 17:36] <rboyce> Also -- read content of Wiki page ([[Mapping Experimental Data]])
 +
[06/23/10 17:36] <rboyce> Edits -- make directly on the Wiki page -- more controversial issues; please discuss at next meeting.
 +
[06/23/10 17:36] <rboyce> Action 1) Susie will post paper
 +
[06/23/10 17:37] <rboyce> Action 2) group -- read the paper
 +
[06/23/10 17:37] <rboyce> Action 3) assess if the content on the wiki page makes sense and if the components in the paper will address the isseus that have been raised
 +
[06/23/10 17:38] <rboyce> potential grant opportunities?
 +
[06/23/10 17:38] <rboyce> Susie - seed grants from pharma
 +
[06/23/10 17:39] <rboyce> now apply more to informatics
 +
[06/23/10 17:41] <rboyce> grant proposals should probably have a strong applications focus
 +
[06/23/10 17:41] <rboyce> Susie will post information on next call

Revision as of 15:50, 23 June 2010

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Wednesday June 23, 2010
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Susie

Agenda

  • Data Interlinking Track, Ontology Alignment Evalutation Initiative Follow Up - Susie
  • Other Data updates - Egon, Matthias, Anja, Oktie
  • Mapping experimental data - All
  • Outreach (TCM, ACS) - All
  • AOB

Minutes

[06/23/10 17:09] <rboyce> susie: recap of previous meeting [06/23/10 17:10] <Susie> [1] [06/23/10 17:10] <rboyce> scribenick: rboyce [06/23/10 17:10] <Susie> [2] [06/23/10 17:11] <rboyce> topic: ontology alignment initiative [06/23/10 17:11] <rboyce> Francois Scharffe et al have selected LODD nodes of interest [06/23/10 17:12] <rboyce> from group perspective -- wait for feedback [06/23/10 17:12] <rboyce> agenda other data updates: [06/23/10 17:13] <rboyce> rxnorm -- [06/23/10 17:13] <janos> [3] [06/23/10 17:14] <rboyce> added ~35K links to dailymed using OWL "same-as" [06/23/10 17:15] <rboyce> links from drug product in rxnorm to dailymed label [06/23/10 17:15] <rboyce> why not link to RDF version? [06/23/10 17:16] <janos> [4] [06/23/10 17:17] <rboyce> using ID a document ID [06/23/10 17:17] <rboyce> not present in RDF [06/23/10 17:18] <rboyce> will this document id change when dailymed labels change? [06/23/10 17:19] <rboyce> how could we avoid dead links [06/23/10 17:19] <rboyce> might be able to link on active-moiety or chemical id [06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> exploring using lodd [06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> especially dailymed, and to some extent drugbank [06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> want to pull out labels [06/23/10 17:20] <Susie> using nlp to see information about pharmacokinetics [06/23/10 17:21] <Susie> see if other information that supplements the product label [06/23/10 17:21] <Susie> the poc exposed some issues in those data sources [06/23/10 17:21] <Susie> been trying to contact Anja [06/23/10 17:22] * egonw is booting the computer for Skype to call in [06/23/10 17:23] <rboyce> offering to mirror LODD at U of Pitt [06/23/10 17:23] <rboyce> maintain DailyMed and DrugBank note [06/23/10 17:25] <rboyce> todo: Rich -- try to get fixes working with Anja and then discuss how to mirror or maintain nodes [06/23/10 17:25] <rboyce> would possibly need to get a persistent URL [06/23/10 17:26] <rboyce> would make sense to generate persistent URLs for new data sources moving forward (where possible) [06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> Susie suggests being opportunistic about the use of persistant URLs [06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> no other updates [06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> agenda item: outreach [06/23/10 17:27] <rboyce> paper on traditional chinese medicine will be published [06/23/10 17:28] <rboyce> Egon -- hosting a session on linked data at ACS in the fall (Boston) [06/23/10 17:28] <rboyce> Eric will present on LODD at same conference [06/23/10 17:28] <rboyce> agenda item: mapping experimental data to RDF [06/23/10 17:29] <rboyce> not much progress to date -- is this aligned with interest of group? [06/23/10 17:30] <rboyce> there is a paper on mapping some experimental data to RDF [06/23/10 17:30] <rboyce> how about taking that paper and extending it to create some guidelines for W3C? [06/23/10 17:31] <Susie> Mapping Experimental Data [06/23/10 17:32] <rboyce> Rich is interested for drug safety / post-market reasons [06/23/10 17:33] <rboyce> most agree that the mapping effort would be of interest to several in the group [06/23/10 17:33] <rboyce> Susie will share copy of the accepted paper with group -- give feedback if we could build on this work. [06/23/10 17:34] <rboyce> Proposed team goal: commit to reading by next phone call [06/23/10 17:34] * egonw managed to get skyped in [06/23/10 17:35] <rboyce> discuss at the next call -- what is useful? [06/23/10 17:36] <rboyce> Also -- read content of Wiki page (Mapping Experimental Data) [06/23/10 17:36] <rboyce> Edits -- make directly on the Wiki page -- more controversial issues; please discuss at next meeting. [06/23/10 17:36] <rboyce> Action 1) Susie will post paper [06/23/10 17:37] <rboyce> Action 2) group -- read the paper [06/23/10 17:37] <rboyce> Action 3) assess if the content on the wiki page makes sense and if the components in the paper will address the isseus that have been raised [06/23/10 17:38] <rboyce> potential grant opportunities? [06/23/10 17:38] <rboyce> Susie - seed grants from pharma [06/23/10 17:39] <rboyce> now apply more to informatics [06/23/10 17:41] <rboyce> grant proposals should probably have a strong applications focus [06/23/10 17:41] <rboyce> Susie will post information on next call