Semantic Web for Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group
This is the public wiki for the Semantic Web for Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group (HCLSIG). See the W3C Web site for the HCLSIG for more information including access to the mailing list.
The HCLS hosts vibrant discussions on a variety of topics on the first Tuesday of every month. Subsequent meetings are organized by one of three broad areas: Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, and Health Care. Each area holds a monthly conference call and organizes task forces to focus on specific issues. Task forces meet at regular intervals to discuss issues, plan and report on progress. Meeting times are indicated on this page, but specific dates are available from the HCLS Google calendar.
HCLSIG General Forum
New developments and fostering interaction with experts worldwide.
1st Tuesday of the month at 11am EDT. Next call November 6, 2012. Past Calls
Maximizing the utility of linked life science data, ontologies and services.
- Forum: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 11am EDT. (in abeyance) Past Calls
- Task Force: Linked Life Data Best practices in creating, publishing, linking, querying and visualizing linked life data. Weekly, Monday at 11am EDT.
- Task Force: Scientific Discourse Digital scientific communication and web-based research collaboratories. (in abeyance)
Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research
Enabling drug discovery, drug development and clinical research.
- Forum: 3rd Tuesday of the month at 11am EDT. (in abeyance) Past calls
- Task Force: Systems Biology for Drug Discovery Building and mining protein-drug networks for targets. Bi-weekly, Wednesday 11am EDT.
- Task Force: Pharmacogenomics for Clinical Research Building and mining pharmacogenomic data for drug-gene-disease associations. 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month at 11am.
Clinical standards, electronic health records, clinical decision support, patient care, health economics, health policy.
- Forum: 4th Tuesday of the month at 11am EDT. (in abeyance) Past calls
- Task Force: Clinical Decision Support. 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at 11am EST.
- Task Force: Clinical Observations Interoperability. TBD.
If you have any questions about the group, please email the co-chairs (Michel Dumontier, Vijay Bulusu and Charlie Mead) and W3C Staff Contact (Eric Prud'hommeaux) at firstname.lastname@example.org