This document is now considered OBSOLETE. Please use the AC's Action and Issue Tracker.
This document was created to enumerate various Issues and Actions for the Advisory Committee (AC). The original author's expectation is for this document be temporary and that it (hopefully be) replaced by a more general purpose issue and action tracking system like the W3C's Tracker. In the mean time, this should be good enough to keep things from "falling through the cracks" ...
- AB's role
- is it clear enough? what, if any, issues are there regarding its role; how to make it more inclusive of all of the AC reps plus non-Members; see related discussions on w3c-ac-forum. Captured as AC Issue-1.
- Does the current voting process give the outcomes we expect? what needs to be "fixed"; what, if any, experiment(s) should to be run and who is the "guinea pig"; see related discussions on w3c-ac-forum. Captured as AC Issue-2.
- "Good Standing"
- if it was removed from the Process Document, would anyone notice? Why can't its use be a decision of the WG (and thus removed from the PD)? Raised by Larry Masinter
- Now listed as W3C Process CG Issue-34
- Does the AC need a FAQ
- e.g. for questions like "is it OK for people lobbing for a seat in group X to directly soap-box on w3c-ac-forum, private emails, etc.?"; https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2013AprJun/0307.html
- AC meeting participation
- are the low attendance numbers a "real" issue; what can be done to get better attendance; see related discussions on w3c-ac-forum. Captured as AC Issue-4.
- AC Meeting Agenda
- The creation of AC meeting agendas should include AC reps; see related discussions on w3c-ac-forum. Captured as AC Issue-5.
- Face to face meetings?
- What are the benefits and costs of replacing an AC f2f meeting with one or more conference calls?; see related discussions on w3c-ac-forum. Consider this captured in AC Issue-4.
- TimBL - see that workshops use video to extend the usefulness of the workshop to non-attendees
- TimBL; June 2013 AC meeting: make sure all of the BoF table summary/highlights are made available to the Members
- Virginie; create a "Welcoming Committee" for new AC reps; https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2013AprJun/0140.html
- CLOSED: David Singer; work with the Team to host a voice conference 4-6 weeks before the next AC meeting; https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2013AprJun/0389.html. Closed via the creation of AC Action-5.
- CLOSED: Philippe Le Hegaret: Create a HTML5 Open Document License FAQ to help better understand the proposed license text. Closed via the creation of AC Action-3.
- CLOSED: work with the Team to provide better support for remote participants of AC meetings; https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2013AprJun/0405.html. Captured as AC Issue-3
- CLOSED: W3C Staff: The AC does not track Actions or Issues; https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2013AprJun/0429.html. Closed via the creation of AC Action and Issue Tracking.
- CLOSED: Sysreq/TedG/TimbBL - create a proper Action and Issue tracking mechanism for the Advisory Committee. Closed via the creation of AC Action and Issue Tracking.
- CLOSED: TimBL; June 2013 AC meeting: make sure all of the breakout meeting minutes are made available to the Members; 10-June-2013 Minutes; 11-June-2013 Minutes
- CLOSED via ACMeetingValueProposition wiki document: Yosuke; coalesce AC Meeting Value Propositions info in the AC wiki; https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2013AprJun/0175.html