This document is used to gather input on the contents of a Member survey for 2014.
This document is a DRAFT, i.e. it is a WorkInProgress (WIP). Feedback is welcome, preferably by directly editing this document or by sending email to
email@example.com (archive) with a Subject: prefix of
- For Your Organization, what is the priority of ongoing work in WGs and IGs?
- For The Betterment of the Web, what is the priority of ongoing work in WGs and IGs?
- Use the same mechanics as the above question but taking a broader `WWW` perspective rather than a strict Member-centric view.
- Does your organization consider its membership to be primarily dedicated to your organization's specific priorities, or to the betterment of the Web (i.e., "giving back")?
- A 1-to-5 style of answer selection might make sense here **
- What are the most important things the Consortium should/must do (within the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, ...) to move The Web forward?
- What are the most important things the Consortium should/must do (within the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, ...) to move The Consortium itself forward?
- What are the Consortium's major Issues and what should be done to address them?
- What should be the Technical Architecture Group's top priorities?
- What should be the Advisory Board's (AB) top priorities?
- For a list of non-prioritized candidate/proposed tasks, see AB's candidate tasks for 2014-2015.
- What is the priority of the following recently started or proposed activities: Social Business, Web Payments, Web of Things? Are these activities of more, less or of equal priority to ongoing work?
- What are the most important Community Groups for your organization?
- What are the most important Member benefits?
- What Member benefits should be extended to participants in the proposed Webizen program?
- Given participation by Advisory Committee representatives in meetings, mail list discussions, questionnaires, etc. is relatively low, what should the Consortium do to get better AC participation?
- What are the biggest pain points for AC reps and what should the Staff do to address them?
- How important is the annual standalone f2f meeting for you? Would you support changing it to one or more virtual distributed meetings (f.ex. a few 2-3 hour virtual (remote) sessions that favor different timezones)?
Considerations for the Survey Itself
- Make the survey available in non-English languages, provided there is a commitment to do the translations.
- After the survey is started, what can be done to get a better response rate than the 67 Members that replied to the 2009 survey (67/400 = 17%)?
- At the end of the survey, include an open field field such as "If you have any other feedback for the Staff, enter it here:".