The benefits of MBUI and when to use it
From W3C Wiki
From Dave's slides at start of the MBUI F2F
Why is model-based UI design valuable?
- Separation of design concerns
- Better documentation of UI design
- Less effort to target multiple delivery platforms
- Faster to develop and faster to update
- You don't need to be a skilled programmer
- You don't need to be an expert on each platform
- Are the above true? What other reasons?
When to use Model-Based UI?
- Data collection applications like forms
- As UI for service back-ends
- For transactional applications involving a sequence of UI tasks
- But not for complex UI's such as editors?
- What other considerations?