SweoIG/Meetings/2007-04-18 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Wednesday April 18, 2007
  • Time of Call: 10:00am EDT (Boston Time)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 7936 ("SWEO")
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #SWEO (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1 hour
  • Convener: Susie Stephens
  • Scribe: Danny Ayers

Agenda

  • Review action items - Ivan
  • Update on the Community Projects - Kjetil
  • Update on InfoGathering Task - Leo
  • Enterprise survey progress - Karen
  • Use case progress - Ivan
  • Options for logos - Benjamin
  • SICOP presentation draft - Wing
  • AOB

Minutes

Minutes

  • Attendees: Kingsley Idehen, Ivan Herman, Lee Feigenbaum, Wing Yung, Melli Annamalai, Kjetil Kjernsmo, Leo Sauermann, Benjamin Nowack, Jeff Schiffel, Paula-Lavinia Patranjan
  • Regrets: Yue Pan, Martin Dzbor, Ina O’Murcha
  • Agenda:
  • Update on Community Projects
  • Update on Information Gathering
  • Update on Use Cases
  • Logo Discussion
  • SICOP Presentation
  • F2F
  • Community Projects
  • KK – The Interlinking Open Data project is progressing well. There has been limited bandwidth to do much work on the Knowee or FOAF projects. The Powder project is progressing as part of the content labels activity at W3C.
  • SS – Should spend time at the F2F exploring how we can make the projects more visible, and getting people involved.
  • Information Gathering
  • LS – More content has been added about the portal to the wiki page. No feedback on data format.
  • LS – W3C has agreed to a form based approach for capturing information. This is described on the wiki page. This means people can link to the Creative Common attribution page. You can then crawl the URIs. We want to store the links directly in Virtuoso.
  • KI – I’ll start working to produce a draft of the dynamic form. It should be completed by April 25. - ACTION
  • LS – Once the form is available, we can go to people and ask them to submit their data.
  • LS – LF has a system that could allow us to rate the information sources.
  • LF – SWEO people should take a first cut at rating the content. Public feedback works best when many people are providing input. SWEO needs to make sure people get the most useful information.
  • IH – When SWEO isn’t in existence anymore, what happens? What happens to the resource in the long term.
  • LF – Maintaining for 5 years is less important, than getting something up there now.
  • IH – Shouldn’t do something that precludes us from doing more going forwards.
  • PP – REWERSE has collected and posted many tutorials, etc. and it includes information as to the popularity of the resource.
  • IH – Looked at the Knowledgeweb tutorial list. It was a good list, but maybe not complete. This was 6 months ago. It’s definitely a rich set of data. It’d be good if you could forward links to the mailing list. How do we take advantage of this data in a way that works for everyone. – ACTION
  • LS – We have plans for the portal on the wiki page. It’d be great if someone wants to make a HTML mock up of the page.
  • BN – ACTION. I’ll do a mock up of the site, once I’ve finished the logo work.
  • Update on Use Cases
  • IH – Since last week, the chevron use case has been finalized and added to the site. We have 8 use cases / case studies done now. Just receive a first draft from FAO, and should be very useful as it uses many federated data sources across Asia. Positive noises from Siemens about doing a use case. Sent chasing emails to others.
  • SS – Chased GSK and Citibank.
  • JS – The Boeing case study is now done.
  • IH – Please all chase for further use cases and case studies.
  • Logo Discussion
  • SS - Set of general SemWeb logos are top priority for W3C
  • BN- I like the RDF logo. Nice to have SPARQL logo, etc. Wants to talk about logos during the F2F.
  • IH – Had discussion with Ian yesterday evening. Issue with our work today was that the SWEO logo doesn’t reference W3C. The RDF logo maybe isn’t perfect. We could think about something less triple like. A general Semantic Web logo would be a good idea.
  • SS – Could someone from W3C’s communication team dial in for the F2F? ACTION: Susie to follow up with Ian.
  • SICOP Presentation
  • SS – Wing’s SWEO presentation looks good.
  • WY – Will make changes that were suggested by IH and SS.
  • F2F Meeting
  • SS – Information about the location and agenda is available at: http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/Meetings/2007-04-23_Conference_Call
  • PP – Will work on collateral next Tuesday (April 24) and will dial in for the F2F.