SweoIG/Meetings/2007-02-28 Conference Call
From W3C Wiki
- Date of Call: Wednesday February 28, 2007
- Time of Call: 10:00am ET; 3pm GMT
- Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
- Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
- Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
- Participant Access Code: 7936 ("SWEO")
- IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #SWEO (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
- Duration: ~1 hour
- Convener: Susie Stephens
- Review action items - Susie
- Support for Community Projects - All
- Use case progress - Susie & Jeff
- F2F finalization - Susie
- Brainstorming - All
- 1. European Semantic Technology Conference - ESTC
- <Susie> Contacted ESTC. They welcome W3C participation.
- 2. Community Projects
- <Kjetil> Very good participation in Community Projects so far.
- <Ivan> Should include a general announcement regarding our CPs on the public SWEO-IG homepage, including rationale and lists/links to CPs.
- <Susie> SWEO-IG team members should review the status of the CPs during weekly meetings once each month.
- 3. Use Cases Update
- <Susie> Need use case template. Suggested using an Oracle case study as a format. This case study was sent to several members now starting UCs. Provided status for some UCs, received status from other members. Contacted other companies for UCs. Noted that many more have volunteered to develop UCs.
- <Ivan> Will follow up contact to UN agricultural agency, UN-FAO.
- 4. Face to Face Details
- <Susie> Ivan has put up a registration page for the F2F. Susie will send its address.
- <All> Short discussion regarding local transportation, possible hike.
- 5. Other Business
- <Susie> Suggested to all that those not currently active in a SWEO-IG activity or Project may wish to join one (hint, hint).
- <All> Someone noted that material in SWEO-IG Web site is hard to find. This includes 1) navigating the site, 2) finding basic materials in general, such as FAQ, tutorials and training material, resource lists.
- <Susie> Noted that the SWEO-IG calls for a meeting of CIOs sometime in the future.
- <Kingsley> Suggested better outreach to the trade press (InfoWorld, ComputerWorld, InfoWeek, others). Suggested individual members contact editors, letters to the editor, and so forth.
- <All> Vigorous discussion regarding publicity, including merits and drawbacks of Public print media, blogs, wikis. Semantic Web vs. Web 2.0. How to approach media contacts. Difference of opinion, possible topic for future meeting.