Collaborative work towards an extension to schema.org supporting more detailed Sports semantic annotation scenarios.
Initial work was made towards a proposal in early 2013 but stalled after a few months. Work was resumed in the fall of 2013 and is based on that prior work which includes:
- query from Paul Kelly (SportsML)
- Microdata + Sports Stats post describing earlier ESPN/Google collaboration
- Sports Ontology used by BBC, Press Association and others.
- Posted May 9 2014 - exported PDF
- Version 3 of the 2014 Schema.org Sports Proposal
- Updated with changes across the board, most significantly introduces Roles in sports. See change log at bottom of document.
- Posted February 19 2014 - exported PDF
- Posted February 12 2014 - exported PDF
- Updated with changes around statistics and competition results. See change log at bottom of document.
- Posted January 30 2014 - exported PDF
- This is the latest proposal based on the renewed work from fall of 2013 through January of 2014
- Posted March 2 2012, PDF exported (by email@example.com) from original Word .doc: File:Schema-sports-vocabulary-final 20120301.pdf
- This vocabulary documents the Microdata + Sports Stats collaboration between ESPN and Google, and is posted here as a contribution towards shared vocabulary development.
- HTML extracted from the source PDF has now been posted as several pages listed under 'Samples'
- Todo: excerpt/summary for Wiki
- discussion: see sports-schema-collab mailing list, as well as public-vocabs.