HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2008-05-12 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Monday May 12, 2008
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1 hour
  • Convener: Susie
  • Scribe: Michel

Agenda

  • Update on HCLS note - Scott
  • Update on SenseLab note - Matthias
  • Update on URI note - Jonathan
  • Update on DSE note - Kerstin/EricN
  • Publication of HCLS workshop papers - Susie
  • Progress on tutorial submission for ISWC - Susie
  • Outreach to China - Huajun
  • AOB

Minutes

  • <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, sstephen, Huajun, ericP, DonD
  • <sstephen> Scott gives update on HCLS KB note
  • <mscottm> scott: have received more comments and am incorporating them
  • <mscottm> scott: will be done with edits within one week and send out e-mail to the HCLS list next Monday (May 19)
  • <ericP> RESOLVED: Kei, ericP, Scott to decide in what form to publish the HCLS KB document
  • <ericP> RESOLVED: Kei, ericP, Scott to decide in what form to publish the HCLS Senselab document
  • <sstephen> Scott to give folks 4 days to respond to the new version.
  • <sstephen> Scott, Eric and Kei will then meet to determine if the note is ready to be published.
  • <sstephen> No call on May 26 as public holiday in the US.
  • <sstephen> Susie to send mail to Matthias to encourage him to work to the same time line as Scott.
  • <sstephen> Susie to ping Jonathan to see if he will be ready to publish a first draft of the URI note by Wednesday (May 14).
  • <sstephen> The DSE note won't be published within this charter of HCLS.
  • <sstephen> Susie told the WWW workshop organizer that we are not interested in publishing in the Springer conference proceedings as we are already doing a special issue with Briefings in Bioinformatics.
  • <sstephen> Kei submitted 7 abstracts to Briefings in Bioinformatics for review.
  • <sstephen> Susie discusses whether we have the necessary bandwidth to both put a proposal together for a tutorial at ISWC, and to actually give the tutorial.
  • <sstephen> Decision is to put a proposal together quickly and see if it gets accepted.
  • <sstephen> If proposal is accepted, we could present the C-SHALS slides.
  • <sstephen> Would need to find a warm body to present the slides, but will cover that hurdle as necessary.
  • <Donald_Doherty> I cannot go. (Second child coming end of Sept./early Oct.)
  • <sstephen> Huajun presents on HCLS outreach to Asia
  • <sstephen> Huajun: recommends focus on Traditional Chinese Medicine
  • <mscottm> Huajun: many are interested in seeing where traditional chinese medicine meets modern medicine
  • <sstephen> Huajun: not much awareness of SemWeb or HCLS.
  • <sstephen> Huajun: Will present at local meetings.
  • <Huajun> http://yunda.org/science/activity/ibw2008/
  • <ericP> kei: aer you using the .en version of UMLS in TCM?
  • <ericP> Huajun: we've been asked to integrate chinense lang into UMLS. don't know how they've used it
  • <ericP> ericP: i offer a very tech slide deck
  • <ericP> kei: what about HCLS organizational slides?
  • <ericP> susie: ericN presented some slides during the last f2f
  • <ericP> ... group exists
  • <ericP> ... list participants
  • <ericP> ... plans going forwards
  • <ericP> + pointer to charter
  • <ericP> Huajun: for this event, high-level is good enough
  • <ericP> ... background on SW tech (i can provide that)
  • <ericP> susie: i'll hunt for that slide deck
  • <kei> http://aswc2008.ait.ac.th/
  • <ericP> http://aswc2008.ait.ac.th/callforpaper.html
  • <ericP> NEXT IMPORTANT DATES
  • <ericP> 30 April 2008: Workshop proposals due
  • <ericP> 15 July 2008: Paper Submission