HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2007-07-09 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Monday July 9, 2007
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1 hour
  • Convener: Susie Stephens
  • Scribe: Eric Prud'hommeaux

Agenda

  • Update on progress of URI note - Jonathan
  • BioOntologies poster update - Matthias
  • Progress report on extending the demo - All
  • AOB

Minutes

9 Jul 2007

 See also: [2]IRC log

Attendees

 Present
 Regrets
 Chair
        SV_MEETING_CHAIR
 Scribe
        ericP

Contents

  • [3]Topics
    1. [4]Poster (Matthias)
    2. [5]URI note
    3. [6]Demo
  • [7]Summary of Action Items
   __
 Susie: what updates since last week?
 JAR: was on vacation, so basically none
 <jar286>
 [8]http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/URI_Best_Practi
 ces/Recommendations/DraftTalk
 susie: ericP, progress on hash/slash issue?
 ericP: talked to timbl
 ... he's promoting # URIs. need someone else to sponsor 303s
 susie: does timbl represent the TAG?
 ericP: he represents the # side of the TAG
 susie: is the versioning study action item still pertinent?
 jar: how do we want to aproach the URI stability problem?
 <jar286> [9]http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/permlevels.html
 jar: i like the NLM approach
 -> [10]http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/permlevels.html NLM's Permanence Levels
 susie: got feedback from Mark Wilkinson on why he likes LSIDs
 Matthias: some discussions resulted in blogs (Mark's)
 <jar286> we don't need reasons; we need use cases and cookbooks
 susie: he included snippets of those blogs in his mail to me
 <jar286> 364 I think
 susie: am setting up an informal f2f monday 16 July at MIT from
 1300-1600 at 32-346
 <jar286> 346. 346. 346.
 <scribe> ACTION: ericP to set up phone bridge and UFO phone [recorded
 in [11]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action01]
 susie: jar to lead discussion
 ... 16 July BioRDF call cancelled
 <jar286> [12]http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/HCLS_URI_matrix

Poster (Matthias)

 <jar286> mark w's blog: [13]http://semanticmusings.blogspot.com/
 susie: progress on BioIT poster?
 matthias: need to work out where we have data connections and where we
 don't
 ... requires looking at the OWL ontologies
 ... will send draft this week
 ... then do final version of the poster?
 ... expect final version in a week
 susie: we can look at it during the informal f2f on 16 july
 ... our poster has been accepted for society for neuroscience
 ... don is taking the lead

URI note

Demo

 jar: needs a new name
 ... not very descriptive
 ericP: it's a KB with a SPARQL endpoint
 matthias: it's also a community
 susie: seems more of a KB than a demo
 ... Don is meant to be installing Virtuoso and documenting the process
 <mscottm> brainstorming: something with neuron or neural in it?
 <mscottm> neuronkb?
 kei: a few weeks ago, alanr, jar and ericP came down and we discussed
 documenting the proceedure for importing data into our big KB
 ... am available to help ericP
 Matthias: am also available
 <scribe> ACTION: ericP, Kei, Matthias to document importing data into
 big KB. due 30 July [recorded in
 [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action02]
 <mscottm> anybody know the status of the demo server?
 susie: two strawmen: neuronKB and HCLS-KB
 ... is running at neurocommons, while being set up at wright-state
 don, i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what?
 don: i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what
 johnB: i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what
 sean, dawn, ...: i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what
 jar: if i send a list of demo documentation pages on thursday, would i
 get feedback at the monday f2f?
 susie: are we ready to discuss solutions to use cases?

Summary of Action Items

 [NEW] ACTION: ericP to set up phone bridge and UFO phone [recorded in
 [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action01]
 [NEW] ACTION: ericP, Kei, Matthias to document importing data into big
 KB. due 30 July [recorded in
 [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action02]
 [End of minutes]
   __
  Minutes formatted by David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version 1.128
  ([18]CVS log)
  $Date: 2007/07/17 01:05:51 $

References

  1. http://www.w3.org/
  2. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-irc
  3. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes#agenda
  4. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes#item01
  5. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes#item02
  6. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes#item03
  7. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes#ActionSummary
  8. http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/URI_Best_Practices/Recommendations/DraftTalk
  9. http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/permlevels.html
  10. http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/permlevels.html
  11. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action01
  12. http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/HCLS_URI_matrix
  13. http://semanticmusings.blogspot.com/
  14. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action02
  15. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action01
  16. http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action02
  17. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  18. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/