HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2007-07-09 Conference Call
From W3C Wiki
- Date of Call: Monday July 9, 2007
- Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
- Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
- Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
- Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
- Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
- IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
- Duration: ~1 hour
- Convener: Susie Stephens
- Scribe: Eric Prud'hommeaux
- Update on progress of URI note - Jonathan
- BioOntologies poster update - Matthias
- Progress report on extending the demo - All
9 Jul 2007
See also: IRC log
Present Regrets Chair SV_MEETING_CHAIR
- Poster (Matthias)
- URI note
- Summary of Action Items
Susie: what updates since last week?
JAR: was on vacation, so basically none
<jar286> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/URI_Best_Practi ces/Recommendations/DraftTalk
susie: ericP, progress on hash/slash issue?
ericP: talked to timbl ... he's promoting # URIs. need someone else to sponsor 303s
susie: does timbl represent the TAG?
ericP: he represents the # side of the TAG
susie: is the versioning study action item still pertinent?
jar: how do we want to aproach the URI stability problem?
jar: i like the NLM approach
-> http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/permlevels.html NLM's Permanence Levels
susie: got feedback from Mark Wilkinson on why he likes LSIDs
Matthias: some discussions resulted in blogs (Mark's)
<jar286> we don't need reasons; we need use cases and cookbooks
susie: he included snippets of those blogs in his mail to me
<jar286> 364 I think
susie: am setting up an informal f2f monday 16 July at MIT from 1300-1600 at 32-346
<jar286> 346. 346. 346.
<scribe> ACTION: ericP to set up phone bridge and UFO phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action01]
susie: jar to lead discussion ... 16 July BioRDF call cancelled
<jar286> mark w's blog: http://semanticmusings.blogspot.com/
susie: progress on BioIT poster?
matthias: need to work out where we have data connections and where we don't ... requires looking at the OWL ontologies ... will send draft this week ... then do final version of the poster? ... expect final version in a week
susie: we can look at it during the informal f2f on 16 july ... our poster has been accepted for society for neuroscience ... don is taking the lead
jar: needs a new name ... not very descriptive
ericP: it's a KB with a SPARQL endpoint
matthias: it's also a community
susie: seems more of a KB than a demo ... Don is meant to be installing Virtuoso and documenting the process
<mscottm> brainstorming: something with neuron or neural in it?
kei: a few weeks ago, alanr, jar and ericP came down and we discussed documenting the proceedure for importing data into our big KB ... am available to help ericP
Matthias: am also available
<scribe> ACTION: ericP, Kei, Matthias to document importing data into big KB. due 30 July [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action02]
<mscottm> anybody know the status of the demo server?
susie: two strawmen: neuronKB and HCLS-KB ... is running at neurocommons, while being set up at wright-state
don, i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what?
don: i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what
johnB: i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what
sean, dawn, ...: i'll look at the logs to see who is doing what
jar: if i send a list of demo documentation pages on thursday, would i get feedback at the monday f2f?
susie: are we ready to discuss solutions to use cases?
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: ericP to set up phone bridge and UFO phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action01] [NEW] ACTION: ericP, Kei, Matthias to document importing data into big KB. due 30 July [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/09-BioRDF-minutes.html#action02]
[End of minutes] __
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log) $Date: 2007/07/17 01:05:51 $