HCLSIG/Meetings/2009-07-09 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Thursday July 9, 2009
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Susie

Agenda

  • ISWC Workshop Update - Susie
  • Next F2F, Nov. 2-6, Santa Clara, CA - Susie
  • AOB

Minutes

Attendees: Bosse, Julia, Eric, Susie, Kei, Oliver

Apologies: Scott

<ericP> scribenick: ericP

<ericP> topic: ISWC Workshop

<Susie> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ISWC2009/Workshop

<ericP> Susie: had half-day working accepted at ISWC

<ericP> .. "Semantic Web Applications in Scientific Discourse"

<ericP> Susie: "Semantic Web Applications in Scientific Discourse"

<ericP> ... folks felt that HCLS was too broad

<ericP> ... made sense to narrow in on Scientific Discourse because:

<ericP> ... .. interesting apps

<ericP> ... .. appeal to publishing

<Susie> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/Overview.html

<ericP> ... .. draw industry and academics

<ericP> topic: HCLS F2F at TPAC

<ericP> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/

<ericP> Susie: note that HCLS and SPARQL are meeting at the same time

<ericP> ACTION: Susie to create a F2F wiki page with sign-ups, task force plans, agenda....

  • RRSAgent records action 1

<ericP> topic: future calls

<ericP> topic: strategy

<ericP> susie: we got strategy input and questions

<ericP> ... e.g. are we covering things that are interesting the pharma AND health care

<ericP> ... papers may be interesting to academics, but something else may draw industry

<ericP> ... what can we do on these thursday calls to keep them productive

<ericP> ... we used to do task force updates, i think we should go back to that

<ericP> ... other regular features could include "who has seen SemWeb apps that we should think about?"

<ericP> ... or "what interactions do we need with other groups?"

<ericP> Bosse: we had a talk about ericP's plans for privacy

<ericP> ... how will we continue this?

<Susie> Helen Chen is interested in this

<Susie> Likely to continue in COI

<Susie> Also draws on terminology

<Susie> My plan to start concrete

<Susie> Identify security concerns from particular groups

<Susie> Pharma Ontology may start including policies, etc.

<Susie> Might be a bit much to be a task on its own

<ericP> Susie: Lilly's CSO is interested in security and policies

<ericP> ... been encouraging him to write use cases

<ericP> ... Bosse, can you write a use case?

<ericP> ... Helen has already written use cases

<ericP> Bosse: i can contribute scenarios where i have run into this problem

<ericP> ... e.g. EHRs, and how an investigator can share with a pharma in a secure way

<ericP> ... but also getting this data for drug exploration (earlier in the process)

<ericP> Susie: if someone participates in a clinical trial, they are anonymized

<ericP> ... good for privacy, but hard for notification in case of an observed health problem

<ericP> ... folks working on personalized health records are concearned about making this info to patients

<ericP> Susie: Ben Adida has been working with Ken Mandal

<ericP> ACTION; ericP to create a Wiki ACLs scratch pad

<ericP> ACTION: ericP to point Ben Adida at this

<ericP> ACTION: Susie to pester Lilly CSO

<Susie> ACTION: Bosse to draft security related scenarios

<Susie> ACTION: To start a wiki page for the next F2F

<ericP> Susie: Helen took up this initiative. Engage Helen on the index page notification