HCLSIG/LODD/Meetings/2009-08-05 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
< HCLSIG‎ | LODD‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Wednesday August 5, 2009
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Susie

Agenda

  • Data update - Anja, Jun, Matthias
  • Use case progress - Bo, Ted, Susie
  • DILS feedback - Jun
  • iTriplification Challenge - Anja
  • AOB

Minutes

Attendees: Anja, Oktie, Susie, Bosse, Scott, Kei, Matthias

<Susie> DILS Feeback

<Susie> Anja: People concerned with update intervals

<Susie> Susie: Don't think data updates is our main focus

<Susie> Anja: Actually update data regularly with scripts

<Susie> Anja: Using protocols for automatically updating links

<Susie> Anja: Do DrugBank and Dailymed updates once a month

<Susie> Anja: Could do every week if it's important

<Susie> Oktie: Nothing scheduled for updating LinkedCT

<Susie> Oktie: But will update when more new drug trials

<Susie> Oktie: Likely to do in next 2-3 months

<Susie> People want more ways to query the data than the current application currently is able to do

<Susie> Person at U Manchester also interested in TCM

<Susie> Jun will follow up with that person

<Susie> Kei contacted Huajun chen as he is also working on TCM

<Susie> Huajun will give a presentation on TCM during a BioRDF call

<Susie> People concerned about data consistency

<Susie> Some comments about D2R restricting the results, but this will be fixed

<Susie> Performance problems were fix

<Susie> Anja using the DERI SPARQL endpoint

<Susie> Oktie: Saw draft of the poster

<Susie> Oktie: Is there a wiki page

<AnjaJentzsch> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/AlternativeMedicineUseCase/

<Susie> Agenda: iTriplification Challenge

<Susie> Anja: Draft in a google doc

<Susie> Anja: Input on data sets

<Susie> Anja: Content on SILK

<Susie> Anja: Kei and others worked on the patient use case

<Susie> Anja: Need pharma input on the data sets, or Jun's application

<Susie> Bosse: Have not gone very far with the use case

<Susie> Bosse: Looked at data sets to see how they are linked

<Susie> Bosse: Discussion with Anja on SIDER and Diseasome interlinks

<Susie> Anja: This is an important task

<Susie> Anja: I won't be able to do this until Friday

<Susie> Anja: Not important for the paper

<Susie> Anja: But will get the links done

<Susie> Bosse: If link 'disease' to 'side effect' then it would provide useful information

<Susie> Anja: Developed SPARQL queries for the top questions'

<Susie> Anja: Current links are correct

<Susie> Anja: Side effects are sometimes diseases

<Susie> Bosse: When I tried to understand linkage between diseasome and sider, I see all side effects as diseases

<Susie> Bosse: In sider indications are the same as disease

<Susie> Bosse: We can follow up offline

<Susie> Bosse: Should finds useful use for the data

<Susie> Anja: The paper deadline is Friday

<Susie> Oktie: The paper is really a 2 page report

<Susie> Oktie: Need to describe data, interlinking, and use cases

<Susie> Oktie: Alternative medicine use case looks very nice

<Susie> Oktie: Should have brief summary on repory

<Susie> Oktie: Main thing is to have a link to relevant data on the wiki

<Susie> Oktie: The data has to be available

<Susie> Anja: The scripts should also be open source

<Susie> Oktie: Everything should be available online, e.g. silk, linker

<Susie> Susie: How much text do you need on the pharma use case

<OktieH> It's LinQuer http://dblab.cs.toronto.edu/project/linquer/

<Susie> Anja: 3-4 sentences should be good

<Susie> Susie: Will provide text by the end of the day

<Susie> Kei: Helps with patient use case

<Susie> Anja: Will write the abstract and introduction tomorrow

<Susie> Oktie: Can work from the LOD workshop paper

<Susie> Anja: Will need to submit by 5pm CET

<Susie> Anja: Will have a co-author who could make late edits

<Susie> Anja: Will polish the main LODD page, and Alternative Medicines wiki page

<Susie> Oktie: Would definitely recommend re-organizing a little

<Susie> Oktie: Will try to re-organize the main page, and you can then see if you like it

<Susie> Oktie: Will do this later today

<Susie> Susie: Could continue to edit the wiki early next week, as likely to be a delay between submission and review

<Susie> Anja: No notification date on the web site

<Susie> Anja: Tied to the iSemantics conference

<Susie> Anja: Chris will be at iSemantics in Austria

<Susie> Data Updates

<Susie> Anja: Did much work over the last couple of weeks

<Susie> Anja: Fixed some URIs

<Susie> Anja: Working with Peter Ansell on the STITCH data set, as he shared some issues about the data set

<Susie> Anja: For example, updating identifiers to PubChem

<Susie> Anja: Jun has worked on TCM

<Susie> Anja: Worked on linked notification update to Jun

<Susie> Anja: Have written SPARQL queries for top questions

<Susie> Anja: Thinking of putting a Web site together for the top questions

<Susie> Anja: The web site would be a form, where you fill in the gaps

<Susie> Anja: Using DERI's virtuoso store

<Susie> Anja: Has autocomplete to guide people to submitted data

<Susie> Anja: It will be online next week for 2-3 questions

<Susie> Anja: Depends on how hard it is to implement

<Susie> Susie: Great!

<Susie> Anja: Also interested in identifying other questions

<Susie> Oktie: Have FDA related linked data

<Susie> Oktie: Colleague likely to join group, and add data

<Susie> Oktie: It's a very interesting data set

<Susie> Oktie: My colleague Adrian can present on the data set in the next call

<Susie> Anja: I can present on the web site in 2 weeks

<Susie> Oktie: Will get the URIs to you next week

<Susie> Matthias: Mainly worked on aTags over the last few weeks

<Susie> Matthias: Interlinking them with the LODD cloud

<Susie> Matthias: Putting data in the DERI data store

<Susie> Anja: I'll send you some newer dumps to upload