From W3C Wiki
This is simple guide to using and verifying ODS-OpenID extended via FOAF+SSL. Covering the following scenarios:
ODS as FOAF+SSL enabled OpenID Server
In this scenario, ODS uses FOAF+SSL to enhance its OpenID based authentication services.
- Get yourself an ODS account (demo edition available at: http://demo.openlinksw.com/ods)
- Use "one click" feature in the profile page to generate and import a certificate into your browser
- Hatch Enable SSL login check-box option
- Note your OpenID URL which takes the form: http://demo.openlinksw.com/dataspace/demo
- Visit a site that supports OpenID based authentication (examples: OpenID Test or Creative Commons Wiki Page )
- When challenged for authentication by OpenID site, enter your OpenID URL
- You will get authenticated via the Certificate in your browser instead of interacting with the usual OpenID Username and Password Login page
ODS as FOAF+SSL enabled OpenID Site
In this scenario FOAF+SSL comes into play when logging into an ODS instance (i.e., logging into a personal or shared data space) via OpenID.
[TDB -- still fine tuning user interaction]