This page explains how to participate in the W3C HTML5 test suite effort. This effort is managed by the HTML5 test suite task force, part of the HTML Working Group.
There are a number of ways to participate. We welcome contributions of new test cases. The more tests we have, the faster we can improve interoperability among Web browsers.
If you wish to join the test suite task force, contact Philippe Le Hégaret <email@example.com>.
The test suite has been recently moved from Hg (Mecurial) to github. More documentation is in process, for now please use this link.
Kris presented the latest status at the May 2012 HTML f2f meeting.
HTML5 Features Included In Test Suite
- MathML parsing
- named character references
- SVG in HTML (aka foreign content)
- The task force mailing list is firstname.lastname@example.org (archive)
- #Conference Calls (held every two weeks)
HTML5 Test Coverage Analysis
Running the test suite
- HTML5 Test Suite Conformance Results. Results not yet significant. Test reports are only accepted from user agent (e.g. Web browsers) implementors at this time. Given that this is work in progress, it is not our priority to update those results.
- Run the tests
- Approved HTML tests.
- These have been approved by this task force (not the full HTML WG) according to the task force's HTML5 Test Case Review and Approval Process.
See the Guidelines for authoring tests.
- Existing HTML5 tests. The have been submitted in proper format but have not yet been approved by the task force.
- Ideas for new tests. These are ideas but no tests have been submitted yet.
- Submit a test case and learn about the repository.
Areas for improvement
Beyond the question of the number of tests:
- the coverage of the HTML5 features
- the classification per feature of those tests
- the testing harness, to produce as many automatic tests as possible
- The group meets every two weeks, mainly on irc.w3.org:6665, #htmlt
- You may find some of us on the phone at the same time
- Time 16:00-17:00 UTC (11:00am-12:00pm Boston local)
- Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 48658
January 15th, 29th
February 12th, 26th
March 12th, 26th
April 9th, 23rd
May 7th, 21st