From HTML WG Wiki
Revision as of 18:37, 9 February 2010 by Kkrueger
HTML Issue: Default Style Sheet
State: A rendering section is expected to cover this.
There has been a discussion of adding a "default" style sheet to HTML.
- Anne van Kesteren states that Defining default rendering...is important for interoperability reasons and for new UAs trying to enter the market (saves them reverse engineering other UAs)."
- Sander Tekelenburg states there are downsides including:
- The ideal presentation of something cannot be defined universally.
- Default Style Sheets would slow down development.
- Default Style Sheets would not let UAs distinguish themselves from competition.
- User change default style sheet anyway.
- Initially raised in: Default (informal) Style Sheet Asbjørn Ulsberg (Sunday, 1 April)
- In WHATWG's HTML5 specs