HTML 5.0 Features at Risk
WARNING: This wiki page is used solely as a shared document holding place while the list of AR features is discussed. Do NOT use this as the definitive list, that will be listed in the document itself once published.
Features to remove in LC
- <dialog> (extension spec?)
- :dir() pseudoclass
- <iframe seamless> (extension spec?)
- isContentHandlerRegistered, isProtocolHandlerRegistered
- input types datetime, datetime-local, week, month (extension spec?)
- <style scoped>
- XMLDocument.load (from 5.1 as well)
Features at risk in LC
- :valid, :invalid (shouldn't be on the list (chrome, IE and FF are implementing), valid-invalid test was fixed)
- New ruby model?
- HTMLMediaElement.addTextTrack? (shouldn't be on the list (chrome, IE and FF are implementing). the test is now correct addTextTrack)
- input type=time
DOM4 Features at Risk
- Elements interface (whole section), query/queryAll
- ArrayClass extended attribute
- append/prepend (need tests?)
- before/after/replace (need tests)
- MutationObservers (need tests)
The sections below are older versions of the thinking on At Risk features.
- <command> and commands API
- <menu> and context menus feature (“contextmenu” attribute)
- <input type=color>
- <input type=datetime>, <input type=month>, <input type=week>, <input type=time>, <input type=datetime-local>
- <style scoped>
- <iframe seamless>
- Custom scheme and content handlers (registerProtocolHandler and registerContentHandler)
- Outline algorithm
- UA mechanism for navigating to resources linked to in cite="", see Bug 18915 for more.
- appcache (cf HTML f2f November 1 discussion)
- <a media> and <area media> - these media queries are not used