Edit ISSUE-91: Re-focus and tighten definition of the aside element

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-07) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-07)
  2. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-07) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-07)
  3. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-07) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-07)
  4. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-07) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-07)
  5. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-07) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-07)
  6. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-05) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-05)
  7. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04)
  8. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-04)
  9. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04)
  10. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04)
  11. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-04) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-04)
  12. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04)
  13. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04)
  14. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04)
  15. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-04)
  16. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04)
  17. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-06-04)
  18. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-04)
  19. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04)
  20. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-04) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-04)
  21. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-04)
  22. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-03) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-03)
  23. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-03) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-03)
  24. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-03) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-03)
  25. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-03) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-03)
  26. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-03) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-03)
  27. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-03) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-03)
  28. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-03) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-03)
  29. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-02) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-02)
  30. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-02) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-02)
  31. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-02) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-02)
  32. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-03 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-02) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-02)
  33. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-02) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-02)
  34. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-06-02) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-06-02)
  35. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-02) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-02)
  36. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02)
  37. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02)
  38. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02)
  39. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-02)
  40. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01)
  41. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01)
  42. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01)
  43. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-01) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-01)
  44. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01)
  45. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-01) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-01)
  46. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01)
  47. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01)
  48. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-01)
  49. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-01)
  50. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-27) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-27)
  51. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-05-27) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-05-27)
  52. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-27) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-27)
  53. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-26)
  54. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-20: Surveys close, Publishing new Working Drafts (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-19)
  55. minutes, 2010-05-13 HTML WG telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2010-05-14) (from mike@w3.org on 2010-05-14)
  56. World-readable issue survey results (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-13) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-13)
  57. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-13: Action items, surveys, Task Force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-12)
  58. ISSUE-91 - Removing the aside Element - Straw Poll for Objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-12)
  59. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-05-06: Action items, issues, decision policy, calls, surveys, publishing - minutes (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-06) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-06)
  60. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-05-06: Action items, issues, decision policy, calls, surveys, publishing (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-05) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-05)
  61. HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUES-90, 91, 93, 95, 96, & 97 (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-05-03) (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-05-03)
  62. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-29: Action items, new issues, Task Force reports - minutes of the meeting (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29)
  63. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-29: Action items, new issues, Task Force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-28) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-28)
  64. Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-22) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-22)
  65. Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-22) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-22)
  66. Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-21) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-21)
  67. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-22: Action items, issues, decision policy, A11Y recommendations, polyglot spec (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-21) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-21)
  68. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-22: Action items, issues, decision policy, A11Y recommendations, polyglot spec (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-21) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-21)
  69. Fwd: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUES-90, 91, 93, 95, 96, & 97 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-21) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-21)
  70. Minutes of HTML WG meeting, Apr 8 2010 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-08) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-08)
  71. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-08: calls for proposals, issue status (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-07)
  72. Re: ISSUE-90, ISSUE-91, ISSUE-93, ISSUE-95, ISSUE-96, ISSSUE-97: (new semantic elements/attributes) - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-06) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-06)
  73. Re: ISSUE-91 Change Proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-06) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-06)
  74. Re: Removal of other semantic elements (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-04-04) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-04-04)
  75. Re: Removal of other semantic elements (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-04) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-04)
  76. Re: Removal of other semantic elements (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-04-04) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-04-04)
  77. Re: Removal of other semantic elements (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-02) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-02)
  78. Re: Removal of other semantic elements (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-02) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-02)
  79. Re: Removal of other semantic elements (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-02) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-02)
  80. RE: Removal of other semantic elements (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-04-02) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-04-02)
  81. Removal of other semantic elements (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-04-02) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-04-02)
  82. [minutes] 2010-04-01 HTML Teleconference (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-01) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-01)
  83. Re: Change proposals uploaded to Wiki - URLs, suggestions on Issue 92 table (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-31) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-31)
  84. ISSUE-91 Change Proposal (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-31) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-31)
  85. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-30) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-30)
  86. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30)
  87. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30)
  88. [minutes] 20100325 HTML teleconference (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30) (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30)
  89. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  90. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24)
  91. Re: Breakdown of issues (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12)
  92. Breakdown of issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12)
  93. Extension granted on some Change Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-27) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-27)
  94. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13)
  95. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13)
  96. ISSUE-91 aside - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13)
  97. [Bug 8447] Tighter definition on the aside element (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-01-08) (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-01-08)
  98. ISSUE-91 (aside): Re-focus and tighten definition of the aside element [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2010-01-08) (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2010-01-08)

Related notes:

Change Proposal:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/removeaside

Laura Carlson, 10 May 2010, 13:03:35

Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0003.html

Laura Carlson, 3 Jun 2010, 17:55:09


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $