Edit ISSUE-9: how accessibility works for <video> is unclear

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. [Bug 19020] New: <audio> and <video> do not have sufficient support for synchronized accessibility content (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2012-09-25) (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2012-09-25)
  2. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-10: Action items, issues, surveys and decisions (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-11) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-11)
  3. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-10: Action items, issues, surveys and decisions (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-08) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-08)
  4. Re: ISSUE-9 video-accessibility: Call for Consensus to close in favor of specific issues, or Alternate/Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-04)
  5. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-03: Issues, Decisions, Task Force Reports, and Other Business (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-04) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-04)
  6. RE: ISSUE-9 video-accessibility: Call for Consensus to close in favor of specific issues, or Alternate/Counter-Proposals (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-03-03) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-03-03)
  7. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-03: Issues, Decisions, Task Force Reports, and Other Business (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-03-03) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-03-03)
  8. Re: ISSUE-9 video-accessibility: Call for Consensus to close in favor of specific issues, or Alternate/Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-03-02) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-03-02)
  9. RE: ISSUE-9 video-accessibility: Call for Consensus to close in favor of specific issues, or Alternate/Counter-Proposals (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-03-02) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-03-02)
  10. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-03: Issues, Decisions, Task Force Reports, and Other Business (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-02) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-02)
  11. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-24: Action items and Issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-02-24) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-02-24)
  12. ISSUE-9 video-accessibility: Call for Consensus to close in favor of specific issues, or Alternate/Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-24)
  13. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-24: Action items and Issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-02-23) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-02-23)
  14. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-03: Issues, survey, A11y TF mini-report, Bug 11984 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-02-10) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-02-10)
  15. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-02: status, task force reports, deadlines and publications, meeting schedule (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-12-02) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-12-02)
  16. {minutes} HTML WG F2F minutes, Lyon, France, Nov 4-5 Part 1 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-11-09) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-11-09)
  17. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-28: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, TPAC, Task Force reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-10-28) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-10-28)
  18. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-28: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, TPAC, Task Force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-28) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-28)
  19. {minutes} } HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-21: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, and TPAC (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-21) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-21)
  20. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-21: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, and TPAC (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-10-20) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-10-20)
  21. Re: Media Accessibility User Requirements Published (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-10-17) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-10-17)
  22. RE: Media Accessibility User Requirements Published (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-10-16) (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-10-16)
  23. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-14 actions, status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-10-14) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-10-14)
  24. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-14 actions, status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-13) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-13)
  25. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-10-06) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-10-06)
  26. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-30 status of calls, issues and bugs, Task Force Reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-28) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-28)
  27. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, TPAC F2F (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-09-23) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-09-23)
  28. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, TPAC F2F (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-09-22) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-09-22)
  29. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 status of calls, heartbeat, last call; task force reports; bugzilla notifications, discussion guidelines (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-15) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-15)
  30. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 - LC timeline, distributed extensibility, media accessibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-09-09) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-09-09)
  31. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 - LC timeline, distributed extensibility, media accessibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-09-08) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-09-08)
  32. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-09-02, action items, media accessibility requirements overview (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-09-02) (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-09-02)
  33. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-09-02, action items, media accessibility requirements overview (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-31) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-31)
  34. {Announcement} Media accessibility user requirements overview, Thu Sep 2 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-31) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-31)
  35. HTML Working Group Status (from plh@w3.org on 2010-08-27) (from plh@w3.org on 2010-08-27)
  36. {minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-08-26, action items, state of various issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-27) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-27)
  37. RE: Media Accessibility User Requirements Published (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-26) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-26)
  38. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-26, action items, state of various issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-25) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-25)
  39. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-19) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-19)
  40. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-17) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-17)
  41. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-05) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-05)
  42. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-04)
  43. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  44. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from eliotgra@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22) (from eliotgra@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  45. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22) (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  46. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21)
  47. Re: issue-30 and author conformance requirements (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-14) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-14)
  48. Re: issue-30 and author conformance requirements (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-07-13) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-07-13)
  49. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-08) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-08)
  50. {minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-06-25) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-06-25)
  51. Fwd: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  52. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-06-10) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-06-10)
  53. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-27) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-27)
  54. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-05-27) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-05-27)
  55. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-27) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-27)
  56. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-26)
  57. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-20: Surveys close, Publishing new Working Drafts (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-19)
  58. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-13: Action items, surveys, Task Force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-12)
  59. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-29: Action items, new issues, Task Force reports - minutes of the meeting (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29)
  60. Re: Timed tracks (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-04-22) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-04-22)
  61. Re: Timed tracks (from geoff_freed@wgbh.org on 2010-04-22) (from geoff_freed@wgbh.org on 2010-04-22)
  62. RE: Timed tracks (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-22) (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-22)
  63. Re: Timed tracks (from plh@w3.org on 2010-04-22) (from plh@w3.org on 2010-04-22)
  64. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-20) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-20)
  65. Minutes of HTML WG meeting, Apr 15 2010 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-19) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-19)
  66. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-15: Action items, issues, decision policy, task forces, TPAC (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-14) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-14)
  67. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from robert@ocallahan.org on 2010-04-14) (from robert@ocallahan.org on 2010-04-14)
  68. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-04-13) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-04-13)
  69. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-13) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-13)
  70. RE: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-12) (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-12)
  71. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-04-12) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-04-12)
  72. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-12)
  73. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12)
  74. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12)
  75. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-04-12) (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-04-12)
  76. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12)
  77. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-04-12) (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-04-12)
  78. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-12)
  79. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-04-12) (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-04-12)
  80. RE: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-12) (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-12)
  81. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-12) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-12)
  82. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-12) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-12)
  83. Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-11) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-04-11)
  84. RE: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-11) (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2010-04-11)
  85. Change Proposals toward Issue-9: 'how accessibility works for <video> is unclear' (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-10) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-10)
  86. Minutes of HTML WG meeting, Apr 8 2010 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-08) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-08)
  87. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-08: calls for proposals, issue status (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-07)
  88. Re: new dates for issue items based on today's HTML WG teleconference (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-05) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-05)
  89. Re: new dates for issue items based on today's HTML WG teleconference (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-05) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-04-05)
  90. Re: new dates for issue items based on today's HTML WG teleconference (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-04) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-04)
  91. Re: new dates for issue items based on today's HTML WG teleconference (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-04) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-04)
  92. [minutes] 20100325 HTML teleconference (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30) (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30)
  93. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  94. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24)
  95. Re: Breakdown of issues (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12)
  96. Breakdown of issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12)
  97. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-11: decision policy, proposals, task forces (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-11) (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-11)
  98. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-11: decision policy, proposals, task forces (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-10) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-10)
  99. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-06) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-06)
  100. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-03-05) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-03-05)
  101. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-04) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-04)
  102. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-04)
  103. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04)
  104. [minutes] HTML WG 2010004 (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-04) (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-04)
  105. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-04) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-04)
  106. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-03-04) (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-03-04)
  107. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04)
  108. RE: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-04) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-04)
  109. Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04)
  110. RE: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-04) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-04)
  111. Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-04)
  112. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-03-04) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-03-04)
  113. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-04) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-04)
  114. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-03-04) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-03-04)
  115. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-03) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-03)
  116. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-03) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-03)
  117. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-03) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-03)
  118. RE: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-03-03) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-03-03)
  119. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-03) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-03)
  120. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-04: actions, publications, decision policy, issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03)
  121. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-04: actions, publications, decision policy, issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03)
  122. RE: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-03-03) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-03-03)
  123. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-03) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-03)
  124. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2010-03-03) (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2010-03-03)
  125. Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-03) (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-03)
  126. Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-03) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-03)
  127. Re: clarification on Adobe Blocking (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-12)
  128. ISSUE-96 progress - Call for Change Proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-26) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-26)
  129. Re: Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-06) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-06)
  130. Re: Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-06) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-06)
  131. Re: Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05)
  132. Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05)
  133. [Bug 5758] insufficient accessibility fallback for <audio> or <video> (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2009-11-03) (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2009-11-03)
  134. minutes for 2009-09-03 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-05) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-05)
  135. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 - Accessibility TF, HTML5 Test Suite, etc (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-01) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-01)
  136. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 - param (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-28) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-28)
  137. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 - param (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-08-28) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-08-28)
  138. {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-27 (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-08-27) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-08-27)
  139. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-27 *PLEASE-READ* (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-26)
  140. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-08-25) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-08-25)
  141. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-24)
  142. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-08-24) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-08-24)
  143. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-24)
  144. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-24)
  145. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-24) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-24)
  146. ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-23)
  147. State of HTML WG Unresolved Issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  148. Issues closed (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  149. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-19) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-19)
  150. Old issues - will be closed on 2009-08-20 if there are no objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-13) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-13)
  151. ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-20 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-13) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-13)
  152. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-08-12) (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-08-12)
  153. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from singer@apple.com on 2009-08-12) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  154. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  155. Regarding closing issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-11) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-11)
  156. ISSUE-9: suggest closing (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-10) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-10)
  157. {minutes} HTML WG issue-tracking telcon 2008-06-19 (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-25) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-25)
  158. ISSUE-9 (video-synchronization): how synchronization works for <video> is unclear [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2007-11-08) (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2007-11-08)

Related notes:

Dave Singer notes: The specification as of the tech. plenary deliberately avoids this issue. It treats the HTML page itself as an un-timed container, which embeds independently-timed media elements. If the embedding of separate, synchronized, media elements is needed, then the (implied, but mostly unstated) assumption is that an intermediate time-container format (such as SMIL or SVG) would be embedded in HTML, and then that would embed the media. This covers the simple use cases (one media element, or unsynchronized multiple elements), and the fairly-simple (media elements that can be co-located in a single time-container). It leaves out the more complex ones: visually or contextually separated media elements on the same page, or the synchronization of other time-based behavior with media (animations). Whether this limitation is acceptable in the interests of simplicity, and if it is, whether a later update could deal with this issue if indeed it is not dealt with in the first iteration, need to be considered.

David Singer, 9 Nov 2007, 15:30:13

HTML5 Comments from the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009Oct/0002.html

Laura Carlson, 6 Oct 2009, 16:23:56

Pre-TPAC HTML5 Video Accessibility Workshop November 1
http://www.w3.org/2009/09/acc-media-html-gathering.html
Details:
http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/09/22/w3c-workshopbarcamp-on-html5-video-accessibility/

Laura Carlson, 6 Oct 2009, 16:26:24

Related Bug 5758
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5758

Laura Carlson, 24 Oct 2009, 08:17:56

September 11, 2008 teleconference discussion
http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20080911#l-216

Laura Carlson, 24 Oct 2009, 08:18:21

Discussion on public-html
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/MultimediaAccessibilty#head-4478e9bc06ba2f49a7c35734c8ca2ed12679a003

Laura Carlson, 24 Oct 2009, 08:18:45

Request for PFWG WAI review of multimedia accessibility requirements <audio> <video>, September 2008
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Sep/0421.html

Laura Carlson, 24 Oct 2009, 08:21:25

Followup Re: Request for PFWG WAI review of multimedia accessibility requirements <audio> <video>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009May/0008.html

Laura Carlson, 24 Oct 2009, 08:22:12

Minutes: Accessibility of Media Elements in HTML 5 Gathering, November 1, 2009
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/01-media-minutes

From: Accessibility of Media Elements in HTML 5 Gathering
http://www.w3.org/2009/09/acc-media-html-gathering.html

Laura Carlson, 4 Nov 2009, 00:19:15

8657 Allow UA to reload fallback content if it fails to load
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8657

8658 Availability of captions or additional audio tracks
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8658

8659 Media events to indicate captions and audio descriptions
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8659

Laura Carlson, 13 Jan 2010, 12:32:05

Accessibility Task force Media Sub-Group Wiki Page:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Sub-Group

Laura Carlson, 13 Jan 2010, 12:50:59

8736: Decision to playback for media should be left to the user agent
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8736

Laura Carlson, 14 Jan 2010, 14:21:42

[MikeSmith]: make sure bug 5758 is associate with this

14 Mar 2010, 13:31:48

Moving to OPEN since this has some Change Proposals.

Maciej Stachowiak, 20 Apr 2010, 11:02:24

[paulc_]: When the Requirements are provided we will update http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-009 and the WG will discuss the Requirements.

19 Aug 2010, 16:29:48

Closed by amicable consensus:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0129.html

Sam Ruby, 4 Mar 2011, 19:19:07


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $