Edit ISSUE-7: codec support and the <video> element

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. Re: Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2013-03-09) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2013-03-09)
  2. Re: Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2013-03-08) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2013-03-08)
  3. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2010-06-14) (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2010-06-14)
  4. Re: ISSUE-7: video-codecs - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09)
  5. Minutes HTML WG 3 December 2009 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-12-03) (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-12-03)
  6. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-3: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  7. Re: Change Proposal status and deadlines (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-11-25) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-11-25)
  8. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19) (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  9. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  10. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  11. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  12. Re: Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-06) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-06)
  13. Re: Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-06) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-06)
  14. Re: Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05)
  15. Topics for 'Video' Breakout Group (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-11-05)
  16. minutes Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-10-29) (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-10-29)
  17. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-29) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-29)
  18. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-28) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-28)
  19. RE: Clarification on old issues and rationale -- Change Proposal vis a vis Issue-7. (from david.dailey@sru.edu on 2009-10-28) (from david.dailey@sru.edu on 2009-10-28)
  20. Re: ISSUE-7: video-codecs - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-10-28) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2009-10-28)
  21. Chairs Solicit Proposals or recommend closing for issues: 4, 7, 14, 30, 63 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  22. ISSUE-7: video-codecs - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  23. [VER 2] {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-10-15) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-10-15)
  24. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-14) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-14)
  25. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-10-14) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-10-14)
  26. minutes of 2009-10-01 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-10-02) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-10-02)
  27. Re: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc. (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-30) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-30)
  28. Re: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc. (from singer@apple.com on 2009-09-30) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-09-30)
  29. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc. (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-30) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-30)
  30. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-24)
  31. State of HTML WG Unresolved Issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  32. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  33. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  34. Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  35. Re: Feedback on the current editor's draft (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-11) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-11)
  36. Re: Feedback on the current editor's draft (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-11)
  37. Re: Feedback on the current editor's draft (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-11) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-11)
  38. Re: Feedback on the current editor's draft (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-11)
  39. controversial issue candidates in issues 1-15 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-10) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-10)
  40. RE: <video>RE: Codecs for <video> and <audio> (survey of positions on ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-07-28) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-07-28)
  41. Re: <video>RE: Codecs for <video> and <audio> (survey of positions on ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-28) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-28)
  42. Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio> (survey of positions on ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-28) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-28)
  43. Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio> (survey of positions on ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-28) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-28)
  44. Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio> (survey of positions on ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-28) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-28)
  45. Re: <audio> and <video> Support - formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-07-13) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-07-13)
  46. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-07-13) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-07-13)
  47. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-13) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-13)
  48. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-13) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-13)
  49. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-13) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-13)
  50. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-13) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-13)
  51. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-13) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-13)
  52. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-13) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-13)
  53. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-07-13) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-07-13)
  54. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-11)
  55. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (and group decision process for, e.g. ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-07-09) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-07-09)
  56. minutes HTML weekly 9 July for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09)
  57. Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote (and group decision process for, e.g. ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09)
  58. Re: FYI: Firefox 3.1 Will Support Ogg (ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from sam.kuper@uclmail.net on 2008-07-31) (from sam.kuper@uclmail.net on 2008-07-31)
  59. Re: FYI: Firefox 3.1 Will Support Ogg (ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from shadow2531@gmail.com on 2008-07-30) (from shadow2531@gmail.com on 2008-07-30)
  60. FYI: Firefox 3.1 Will Support Ogg (ISSUE-7 video-codecs) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-07-30) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-07-30)
  61. {minutes} HTML WG issue-tracking telcon 2008-06-19 (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-25) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-25)
  62. {minutes} HTML WG teleconference 2007-12-20 (from mike@w3.org on 2007-12-21) (from mike@w3.org on 2007-12-21)
  63. Re: Video codec requirements changed [ISSUE-7 video-codecs] (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-12-12) (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-12-12)
  64. ISSUE-7 (video-codecs): <video> codec [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2007-11-08) (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2007-11-08)

Related notes:

note Proposal from Sayer 07 Jul 2009
http://www.w3.org/mid/4A53CD71.10707@mozilla.com

Dan Connolly, 9 Jul 2009, 14:46:40

Seems worthwhile to link http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7010 "Making <applet> non-conforming may hinder royalty-free <video> adoption"

Shawn Medero, 30 Jul 2009, 16:48:20


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $