Edit ISSUE-63: Origin header: in scope? required for this release?

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. Re: ISSUE-63: origin-req-scope - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09)
  2. Minutes HTML WG 3 December 2009 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-12-03) (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-12-03)
  3. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-3: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  4. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19) (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  5. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  6. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  7. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  8. minutes Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-10-29) (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-10-29)
  9. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-29) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-29)
  10. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-28) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-28)
  11. Chairs Solicit Proposals or recommend closing for issues: 4, 7, 14, 30, 63 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  12. ISSUE-63: origin-req-scope - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  13. minutes for 2009-09-17 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-20) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-20)
  14. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-09-17 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-09-16) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-09-16)
  15. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10 - Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09)
  16. FW: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10 - Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09)
  17. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-08-19) (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-08-19)
  18. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-08-19) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-08-19)
  19. minutes HTML weekly 9 July for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09)
  20. Re: Origin header in loading external scripts (ISSUE-63) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-06-10) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-06-10)
  21. Re: Origin header in loading external scripts (ISSUE-63) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-02) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-02)
  22. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-05-11) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-05-11)
  23. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-05-07 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-05-07) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-05-07)
  24. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27)
  25. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-16) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-16)
  26. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-03-11) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-03-11)
  27. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  28. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  29. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-09) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-09)
  30. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-02-19 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-19) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-19)
  31. Re: Origin header in loading external scripts (ISSUE-63) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-26) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-26)
  32. Re: Origin header in loading external scripts (ISSUE-63) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2009-01-26) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2009-01-26)
  33. Origin header in loading external scripts (ISSUE-63) (from t.broyer@gmail.com on 2009-01-26) (from t.broyer@gmail.com on 2009-01-26)
  34. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19)
  35. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-19) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-19)
  36. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19)
  37. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from simonp@opera.com on 2009-01-19) (from simonp@opera.com on 2009-01-19)
  38. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-19) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-19)
  39. minutes: HTML Weekly Teleconference 15 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16)

Related notes:

Mike Smith and Ian Hickson discussed coordinating this work with the IETF
http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20081211#l-43

Dan Connolly, 16 Dec 2008, 17:26:55

This is being handled by an IETF draft.

Chris Wilson, 15 Jan 2009, 17:26:13

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/thread.html#msg124; Anne asks Adam Barth: "I heard you might be going to work on an IETF draft for the Origin header"; Adam's response: "Yeah, Thomas Roessler suggested that. Would you find that helpful?"; Anne: "...For me it does not really matter where the Origin header is defined, although I suppose it would help HTML5 in a technical sense if it was defined in a standalone draft"

I recommend closing this issue and only re-opening if/when Adam's IETF Origin draft does not end up happening.

Michael[tm] Smith, 19 Jan 2009, 06:58:57

As of today, the latest version of the Internet Draft is <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abarth-origin-02>, published July 31.

Note that the name of header has been changed to "Sec-From", as of June, so HTML5 right now is inconsistent with that.

Julian Reschke, 11 Sep 2009, 08:41:48

[MikeSmith]: related bugzilla bug - http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7599

17 Sep 2009, 16:51:39


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $