Edit ISSUE-59: Should the HTML WG produce a separate document that is a normative language reference and if so what are the requirements

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. RE: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-07-14) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-07-14)
  2. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-06-21) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-06-21)
  3. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-06-08) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-06-08)
  4. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2011-06-08) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2011-06-08)
  5. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2011-06-08) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2011-06-08)
  6. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2011-06-08) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2011-06-08)
  7. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-06-07) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-06-07)
  8. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-06-07) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-06-07)
  9. RE: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-06-07) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-06-07)
  10. CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-06-07) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-06-07)
  11. RE: author-only view of HTML5 and ACTION-190 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-04-16) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-04-16)
  12. author-only view of HTML5 and ACTION-190 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-11-04) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-11-04)
  13. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-67 h:tml-parsing-dom - extended to 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-12)
  14. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-59 normative-language-reference extended to 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-12)
  15. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from ishida@w3.org on 2010-01-11) (from ishida@w3.org on 2010-01-11)
  16. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-06) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-06)
  17. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  18. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  19. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-67 h:tml-parsing-dom - extended to 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-15) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-15)
  20. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-59 normative-language-reference extended to 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-15) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-15)
  21. Re: HTML WG issues scheduled to close Dec 17 comments (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-12)
  22. HTML WG issues scheduled to close Dec 17 comments (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-12-12) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-12-12)
  23. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  24. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  25. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09)
  26. CfC: Close ISSUE-59 normative-language-reference (ends 2009-12-17) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  27. CfC: Close ISSUE-67 h:tml-parsing-dom (ends 2009-12-17) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  28. minutes for 2009-09-17 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-20) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-20)
  29. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-09-17 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-09-16) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-09-16)
  30. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-18) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-18)
  31. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-08-18) (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-08-18)
  32. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-07-23 (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-22) (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-22)
  33. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-07-23 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-22) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-22)
  34. minutes HTML weekly 9 July for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09)
  35. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-22) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-22)
  36. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-15) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-15)
  37. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-01) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-01)
  38. minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft] (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-05-21) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-05-21)
  39. minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft] (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-05-21) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-05-21)
  40. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-05-11) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-05-11)
  41. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27)
  42. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-04-23 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-04-24) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-04-24)
  43. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-04-23 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-04-24) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-04-24)
  44. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-21) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-21)
  45. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-15) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-15)
  46. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-31) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-31)
  47. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-24) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-24)
  48. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-16) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-16)
  49. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  50. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  51. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-09) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-09)
  52. HTML WG telcon 2009-03-05 *cancelled* (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-04)
  53. HTML WG telcon 2009-03-05 *cancelled* (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-04)
  54. H:TML Status section updated [was: Moving forward on deciding] (from mike@w3.org on 2009-02-27) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-02-27)
  55. minutes: HTML WG Weekly 26 Feb 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-26) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-26)
  56. minutes: HTML WG Weekly 26 Feb 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-26) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-26)
  57. Re: Input on the agenda (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-23) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-23)
  58. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-23) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-23)
  59. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-02-19 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-19) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-19)
  60. minutes HTML WG Weekly 29 Jan (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-02) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-02)
  61. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-29) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-29)
  62. Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-27) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-27)
  63. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-27) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-27)
  64. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from mike@w3.org on 2009-01-27) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-01-27)
  65. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-01-26) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-01-26)
  66. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-26) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-26)
  67. RE: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-23) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-23)
  68. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-01-23) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-01-23)
  69. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-01-23) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-01-23)
  70. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from dbaron@dbaron.org on 2009-01-23) (from dbaron@dbaron.org on 2009-01-23)
  71. RE: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-23) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-23)
  72. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from chaa006@gmail.com on 2009-01-23) (from chaa006@gmail.com on 2009-01-23)
  73. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk on 2009-01-23) (from P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk on 2009-01-23)
  74. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from robin@berjon.com on 2009-01-23) (from robin@berjon.com on 2009-01-23)
  75. minutes: HTML WG weekly telcon 22 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-23) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-23)
  76. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-01-23) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-01-23)
  77. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-01-23) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-01-23)
  78. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-23) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-23)
  79. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-01-23) (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-01-23)
  80. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from karl@la-grange.net on 2009-01-23) (from karl@la-grange.net on 2009-01-23)
  81. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-01-23) (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-01-23)
  82. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-23) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-23)
  83. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-01-23) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-01-23)
  84. Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-23) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-23)
  85. ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-23) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-23)
  86. {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2008-11-13 - markup-spec discussion (from mike@w3.org on 2008-11-14) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-11-14)
  87. ISSUE-59 (normative-language-reference): Should the HTML WG produce a separate document that is a normative language reference and if so what are the requirements [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2008-10-23) (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2008-10-23)

Related notes:

Noah Mendelsohn (TAG) - Suggestions regarding creation of an "Authoring Specification" for HTML 5:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2008Oct/0003.html

Shawn Medero, 23 Oct 2008, 10:41:07

Closed by Call for Consensus. It seems to be agreed that publishing a non-normative reference document would be appropriate and sufficient.

Maciej Stachowiak, 12 Jan 2010, 16:14:04


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $