ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility

Decentralized-extensibility

Decentralized extensibility

State:
CLOSED
Product:
pre-LC1 HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Sam Ruby
Opened on:
2008-05-08
Description:
The HTML5 specification does not have a mechanism to allow decentralized parties to create their own languages, typically XML languages, and exchange them in HTML5 text/html serializations. This would allow languages such as SVG, MathML, FBML and a host of others to be included. At one point, an editors version of the HTML5 specification contained a subset and reformulation of SVG and MathML. Tim Berners-Lee described this incorporation of SVG and MathML without namespaces as horrific and the issue raiser [Dave Orchard] completely concurs with the him.

This issue limits the ability of non-HTML5 working groups to define languages as the languages must be "brought into" the HTML5 language. This dramatically increases the scope of HTML5 and decreases the ability to modularize development of orthogonal languages.

In the end, the problem could result in the text/html serialization rules becoming the standard serialization rules for XML languages, replacing XML itself. This could occur if every decentralized language has a choice between the XML serialization, the text/html serialization or both. In many cases, the language may choose the text/html serialization.

This issue was first raised in August 2007 by Sam Ruby in [1] and also raised at the recent W3C AC meeting by Tim Berners-Lee [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0134.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/Talks/0421-ac-tbl/#(1) (member-only link until Tim publishes in a public way)

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [semantics-0 extensibility]
Related Actions Items:
Related emails:
  1. Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML5 to Candidate Recommendation (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-11-27)
  2. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-41 Decentralized extensibility (from jirka@kosek.cz on 2012-10-10)
  3. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-41 Decentralized extensibility (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-10-08)
  4. [Bug 9011] There are discussions of alternate extensibility mechanisms, covered in [issue-41], which might allow other ways of integrating RDFa. (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2011-08-04)
  5. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-41 Decentralized extensibility (from jirka@kosek.cz on 2011-02-09)
  6. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-41 Decentralized extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-02-08)
  7. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-03: Issues, surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-02-03)
  8. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-41 Decentralized extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-02-03)
  9. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-03: Issues, surveys (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-02)
  10. {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-01-27: status of actions, new issues, closing items, new calls, charter status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-01-27)
  11. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-01-27: status of actions, new issues, closing items, new calls, charter status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-01-26)
  12. Re: ACTION-201 (was: {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-01-20) (from hober0@gmail.com on 2011-01-19)
  13. ACTION-201 (was: {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-01-20) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-01-19)
  14. Re: {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-01-20: status of actions, calls; task force reports (from hober0@gmail.com on 2011-01-18)
  15. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-14 actions, status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-10-14)
  16. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-14 actions, status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-13)
  17. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-10-08)
  18. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-10-06)
  19. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-30 status of calls, issues and bugs, Task Force Reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-28)
  20. Re: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as FPWDs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-26)
  21. [Bug 10741] New: align @extension with @vendor--feature (Rob Ennals's ISSUE-41 prop) (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-09-26)
  22. Re: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as FPWDs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  23. Re: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as FPWDs (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-09-24)
  24. Re: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as FPWDs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-24)
  25. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  26. Re: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as FPWDs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  27. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  28. [Bug 10720] New: Remove modifications to Extensibility section (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-09-24)
  29. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-24)
  30. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  31. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from myakura.web@gmail.com on 2010-09-24)
  32. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-24)
  33. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  34. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  35. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-24)
  36. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-23)
  37. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-23)
  38. ISSUE-41: Decentralized-extensibility - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-23)
  39. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, TPAC F2F (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-09-23)
  40. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, TPAC F2F (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-09-22)
  41. Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-41 (distributed extensibility) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-20)
  42. Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-41 (distributed extensibility) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-09-20)
  43. Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-41 (distributed extensibility) (from hober0@gmail.com on 2010-09-20)
  44. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-16)
  45. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-09-16)
  46. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 status of calls, heartbeat, last call; task force reports; bugzilla notifications, discussion guidelines (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-15)
  47. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 - LC timeline, distributed extensibility, media accessibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-09-09)
  48. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-41 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-08)
  49. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-41 (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-09-08)
  50. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 - LC timeline, distributed extensibility, media accessibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-09-08)
  51. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-41 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-09-08)
  52. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-41 (from hober0@gmail.com on 2010-09-08)
  53. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-41 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-09-08)
  54. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-41 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-08)
  55. Re: Proposal for ISSUE-41: Generalization of approach taken by SVG and MathML (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-08)
  56. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-08)
  57. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-09-02, action items, media accessibility requirements overview (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-09-02)
  58. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-09-02, action items, media accessibility requirements overview (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-31)
  59. {minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-08-26, action items, state of various issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-27)
  60. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-26, action items, state of various issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-25)
  61. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-19)
  62. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-17)
  63. Re: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-17)
  64. RE: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from tross@microsoft.com on 2010-08-11)
  65. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-12: action 29; issues 116, 30, 109, 27; bugs 9894, 10066 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-11)
  66. Re: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-09)
  67. RE: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from wayne.carr@intel.com on 2010-08-05)
  68. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-05)
  69. Re: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-05)
  70. Re: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-05)
  71. Re: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from tantek@cs.stanford.edu on 2010-08-04)
  72. Re: ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from hober0@gmail.com on 2010-08-04)
  73. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-04)
  74. ISSUE-41: extensibility change proposal advocates (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-04)
  75. RE: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from tross@microsoft.com on 2010-05-04)
  76. Re: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-05-03)
  77. RE: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from tross@microsoft.com on 2010-05-03)
  78. Re: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-05-03)
  79. RE: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from tross@microsoft.com on 2010-05-03)
  80. Re: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-05-03)
  81. Re: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from sroussey@gmail.com on 2010-05-03)
  82. Re: ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-05-03)
  83. ISSUE-41: Creating a JavaScript DataGrid Widget (from tross@microsoft.com on 2010-05-03)
  84. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-03)
  85. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2010-04-26)
  86. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-04-24)
  87. RE: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-04-23)
  88. RE: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-04-23)
  89. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-22)
  90. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-22)
  91. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-22)
  92. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from sroussey@gmail.com on 2010-04-22)
  93. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from sroussey@gmail.com on 2010-04-22)
  94. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-22)
  95. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-22)
  96. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from sroussey@gmail.com on 2010-04-22)
  97. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-22)
  98. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-04-22)
  99. Re: ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-22)
  100. ISSUE-41: Facebook open graph protocol (from plh@w3.org on 2010-04-22)
  101. ISSUE-41 decentralized-extensibility: No formal counter-proposal period (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-06)
  102. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-31)
  103. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-31)
  104. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-03-31)
  105. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-31)
  106. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility; X3D (from brutzman@nps.edu on 2010-03-30)
  107. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-30)
  108. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-30)
  109. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-30)
  110. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-30)
  111. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  112. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-03-24)
  113. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24)
  114. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24)
  115. Re: Proposal for ISSUE-41: Generalization of approach taken by SVG and MathML (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  116. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  117. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  118. Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-24)
  119. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-23)
  120. Proposal for ISSUE-41: Generalization of approach taken by SVG and MathML (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-03-23)
  121. Possible Conservative Proposal : no prefixes, but allow xmlns on a root element (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-03-22)
  122. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-22)
  123. Re: Bug 7034 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-22)
  124. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-22)
  125. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-22)
  126. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-22)
  127. Re: Bug 7034 (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-22)
  128. Re: HTML5 Authoring Conformance Study (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-21)
  129. Re: HTML5 Authoring Conformance Study (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-21)
  130. Re: Bug 7034 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-20)
  131. Re: Bug 7034 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-20)
  132. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-19)
  133. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-19)
  134. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-19)
  135. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-19)
  136. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-19)
  137. Re: Change Proposals for ISSUE-41 (D.E.) vs XHTML and IE9 (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-19)
  138. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-19)
  139. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-19)
  140. Re: Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-03-18)
  141. Possible *third* proposal for ISSUE-41 Distributed Extensibility (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-03-18)
  142. Re: Change Proposals for ISSUE-41 (D.E.) vs XHTML and IE9 (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-18)
  143. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-18)
  144. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-18)
  145. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-03-18)
  146. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-03-18)
  147. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-18)
  148. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-18)
  149. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-18)
  150. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mike@w3.org on 2010-03-18)
  151. RE: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-18)
  152. RE: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-03-18)
  153. RE: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-18)
  154. RE: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2010-03-18)
  155. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  156. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-03-17)
  157. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  158. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-17)
  159. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-03-17)
  160. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-17)
  161. Re: Change Proposals for ISSUE-41 (D.E.) vs XHTML and IE9 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-17)
  162. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  163. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-17)
  164. Re: Change Proposals for ISSUE-41 (D.E.) vs XHTML and IE9 (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-03-17)
  165. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-17)
  166. Re: Change Proposals for ISSUE-41 (D.E.) vs XHTML and IE9 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  167. Change Proposals for ISSUE-41 (D.E.) vs XHTML and IE9 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-17)
  168. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-17)
  169. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-17)
  170. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-17)
  171. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-17)
  172. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  173. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  174. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  175. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-17)
  176. RE: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-17)
  177. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-17)
  178. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from robert@ocallahan.org on 2010-03-17)
  179. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-16)
  180. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-16)
  181. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-16)
  182. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-16)
  183. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-03-16)
  184. RE: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-03-16)
  185. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-16)
  186. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-16)
  187. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-16)
  188. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-16)
  189. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-16)
  190. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-16)
  191. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-03-16)
  192. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-16)
  193. Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-16)
  194. TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-03-16)
  195. Re: Breakdown of issues (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12)
  196. Breakdown of issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12)
  197. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-08)
  198. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-08)
  199. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-08)
  200. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-08)
  201. RE: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-03-04)
  202. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-04)
  203. Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-25: actions, issues, publication (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-24)
  204. RE: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2010-02-24)
  205. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-24)
  206. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-24)
  207. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-24)
  208. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  209. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  210. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  211. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-02-23)
  212. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-23)
  213. Re: ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  214. ISSUE-41: decentralized-extensibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  215. Re: New HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft (2010-02-16) (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2010-02-18)
  216. Reverted HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft (2010-02-18) (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2010-02-18)
  217. Re: New HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft (2010-02-16) (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2010-02-18)
  218. Re: Reverted HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft (2010-02-18) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-17)
  219. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-15)
  220. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-02-15)
  221. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-14)
  222. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-02-14)
  223. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-13)
  224. Re: Issues in HTML5 spec sections [was: clarification on Adobe Blocking] (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-02-12)
  225. Re: clarification on Adobe Blocking (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-12)
  226. Issues in HTML5 spec sections [was: clarification on Adobe Blocking] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-12)
  227. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-02-11)
  228. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-01)
  229. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-02-01)
  230. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-31)
  231. Re: New round of Working Drafts (was Re: New split-out drafts) (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2010-01-29)
  232. Re: New round of Working Drafts (was Re: New split-out drafts) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-29)
  233. RE: New round of Working Drafts (was Re: New split-out drafts) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-01-29)
  234. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-21)
  235. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-21)
  236. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de on 2010-01-21)
  237. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-21)
  238. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-21)
  239. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de on 2010-01-21)
  240. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from singer@apple.com on 2010-01-21)
  241. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-20)
  242. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-20)
  243. Re: Decentralized poetry markup (language) (ISSUE-41) (from Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de on 2010-01-20)
  244. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-20)
  245. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-20)
  246. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-20)
  247. Re: Decentralized poetry markup (language) (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-20)
  248. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-01-20)
  249. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-20)
  250. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-01-20)
  251. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-20)
  252. Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2010-01-20)
  253. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-19)
  254. Decentralized poetry markup (language) (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-19)
  255. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-18)
  256. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-18)
  257. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-18)
  258. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-17)
  259. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2010-01-17)
  260. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-17)
  261. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-01-17)
  262. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-17)
  263. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-01-17)
  264. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-01-17)
  265. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-17)
  266. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-17)
  267. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-01-16)
  268. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-16)
  269. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-01-16)
  270. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-16)
  271. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-16)
  272. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-16)
  273. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-01-16)
  274. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-01-15)
  275. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-01-15)
  276. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-01-15)
  277. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-15)
  278. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-15)
  279. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-01-15)
  280. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-15)
  281. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-15)
  282. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-01-15)
  283. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-01-15)
  284. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-01-15)
  285. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-15)
  286. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-01-15)
  287. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2010-01-15)
  288. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-01-15)
  289. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-01-15)
  290. Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-15)
  291. Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41) (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2010-01-14)
  292. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-14)
  293. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-13)
  294. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-11)
  295. ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-11)
  296. RE: Possible Compromise solution for namespaces in HTML5 (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-11-25)
  297. RE: Possible Compromise solution for namespaces in HTML5 (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-11-24)
  298. An alternative approach to simplifying namespace binding (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2009-11-20)
  299. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hober0@gmail.com on 2009-10-29)
  300. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-29)
  301. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  302. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-28)
  303. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-28)
  304. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-28)
  305. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  306. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-28)
  307. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-26)
  308. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from lee.kowalkowski@googlemail.com on 2009-10-26)
  309. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-25)
  310. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-24)
  311. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-24)
  312. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-23)
  313. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-23)
  314. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-23)
  315. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-23)
  316. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-23)
  317. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-23)
  318. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-23)
  319. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-23)
  320. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-23)
  321. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-23)
  322. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-22)
  323. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-22)
  324. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-22)
  325. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-10-22)
  326. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-22)
  327. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hober0@gmail.com on 2009-10-22)
  328. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-22)
  329. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-22)
  330. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-21)
  331. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-21)
  332. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-21)
  333. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-21)
  334. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-21)
  335. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-21)
  336. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-21)
  337. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-20)
  338. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-20)
  339. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-20)
  340. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-20)
  341. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-20)
  342. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-20)
  343. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-20)
  344. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-20)
  345. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-20)
  346. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-20)
  347. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-10-19)
  348. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  349. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  350. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  351. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  352. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  353. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  354. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  355. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  356. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  357. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  358. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  359. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  360. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  361. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  362. Re: data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-19)
  363. data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility] (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-19)
  364. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  365. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  366. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2009-10-19)
  367. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  368. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  369. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  370. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  371. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  372. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-19)
  373. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-19)
  374. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  375. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  376. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  377. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-19)
  378. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-19)
  379. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  380. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  381. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-19)
  382. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from 1981km@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  383. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-19)
  384. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-18)
  385. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-18)
  386. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-10-18)
  387. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-18)
  388. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-10-18)
  389. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-18)
  390. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-10-18)
  391. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-18)
  392. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-17)
  393. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-17)
  394. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-10-17)
  395. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-16)
  396. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-10-16)
  397. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-16)
  398. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-15)
  399. Re: FW: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mike@w3.org on 2009-10-15)
  400. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mike@w3.org on 2009-10-15)
  401. FW: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-10-15)
  402. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-14)
  403. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tross@microsoft.com on 2009-10-14)
  404. ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 what's next with decentralized extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-13)
  405. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-08)
  406. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-06)
  407. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-06)
  408. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-06)
  409. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-06)
  410. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-06)
  411. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from brendan@mozilla.org on 2009-10-06)
  412. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-06)
  413. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from plh@w3.org on 2009-10-06)
  414. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-06)
  415. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-06)
  416. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-06)
  417. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-06)
  418. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-06)
  419. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-06)
  420. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-06)
  421. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-06)
  422. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-06)
  423. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-06)
  424. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-06)
  425. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-06)
  426. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-06)
  427. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from brendan@mozilla.org on 2009-10-05)
  428. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-05)
  429. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-05)
  430. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-05)
  431. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-05)
  432. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-05)
  433. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-05)
  434. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-05)
  435. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-05)
  436. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-05)
  437. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-05)
  438. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-05)
  439. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-05)
  440. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-05)
  441. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-10-05)
  442. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-05)
  443. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-05)
  444. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-05)
  445. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-05)
  446. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-05)
  447. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-05)
  448. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-05)
  449. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-05)
  450. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-05)
  451. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-05)
  452. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-10-03)
  453. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-03)
  454. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-03)
  455. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-03)
  456. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-03)
  457. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2009-10-03)
  458. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-03)
  459. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-03)
  460. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-03)
  461. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-03)
  462. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-03)
  463. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-03)
  464. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-03)
  465. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-03)
  466. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-03)
  467. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-10-03)
  468. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-03)
  469. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-03)
  470. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-02)
  471. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-02)
  472. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-02)
  473. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-02)
  474. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-02)
  475. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-02)
  476. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-02)
  477. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-02)
  478. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-02)
  479. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-02)
  480. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-02)
  481. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-02)
  482. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-02)
  483. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from magnusrk+w3c@pvv.org on 2009-10-02)
  484. minutes of 2009-10-01 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-10-02)
  485. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-01)
  486. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2009-10-01)
  487. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-01)
  488. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from simonp@opera.com on 2009-10-01)
  489. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-01)
  490. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-01)
  491. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-01)
  492. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-10-01)
  493. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-01)
  494. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-01)
  495. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-01)
  496. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-01)
  497. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-01)
  498. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-10-01)
  499. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-01)
  500. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-01)
  501. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-01)
  502. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from laurens.nospam@grauw.nl on 2009-10-01)
  503. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-01)
  504. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-01)
  505. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-01)
  506. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from laurens.nospam@grauw.nl on 2009-10-01)
  507. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-01)
  508. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from laurens.nospam@grauw.nl on 2009-10-01)
  509. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-01)
  510. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-01)
  511. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-01)
  512. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-01)
  513. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2009-10-01)
  514. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2009-10-01)
  515. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-30)
  516. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-09-30)
  517. RE: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc. (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-09-30)
  518. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-09-30)
  519. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-09-30)
  520. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc. (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-30)
  521. {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-27 (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-08-27)
  522. Path to Last Call (was closing various issues) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-22)
  523. Re: ISSUE-53: mediatypereg - suggest closing on 2009-09-03 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-08-22)
  524. Re: ISSUE-53: mediatypereg - suggest closing on 2009-09-03 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-22)
  525. State of HTML WG Unresolved Issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  526. RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-08-20)
  527. Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-20)
  528. ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2009-08-20)
  529. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-19)
  530. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 (from cwilso@microsoft.com on 2009-08-19)
  531. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-08-19)
  532. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-19)
  533. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-18)
  534. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-08-18)
  535. Re: HTML5-warnings - motivations (from smedero@uw.edu on 2009-08-10)
  536. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-07-23 (from singer@apple.com on 2009-07-22)
  537. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-07-23 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-07-22)
  538. Re: Does anyone like microdata? (from hober0@gmail.com on 2009-06-29)
  539. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-22)
  540. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-15)
  541. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-01)
  542. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-05-11)
  543. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-05-07 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-05-07)
  544. [ISSUE-41] Namespaces in HTML (from scampa.giovanni@gmail.com on 2009-05-02)
  545. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27)
  546. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-21)
  547. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-15)
  548. {minutes} 2008-10-23 f2f meeting (day one) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-11-07)
  549. Re: toward a schedule of HTML WG issues (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-22)
  550. Re: toward a schedule of HTML WG issues (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-08-22)
  551. toward a schedule of HTML WG issues (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-21)
  552. Re: Extensibility strategies (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-08-05)
  553. Re: Extensibility strategies (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-08-05)
  554. Re: Extensibility strategies, was: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-08-04)
  555. Re: Extensibility strategies (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-08-04)
  556. SVG is not MathML (was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (ISSUE-41, ISSUE-37)) (from schepers@w3.org on 2008-07-31)
  557. RE: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from j_james@mindspring.com on 2008-07-31)
  558. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  559. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-07-30)
  560. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  561. RE: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  562. RE: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from j_james@mindspring.com on 2008-07-30)
  563. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from codedread@gmail.com on 2008-07-30)
  564. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  565. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (ISSUE-41, ISSUE-37) (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2008-07-30)
  566. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-07-30)
  567. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (ISSUE-41, ISSUE-37) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-07-30)
  568. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (ISSUE-41, ISSUE-37) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-07-30)
  569. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (ISSUE-41, ISSUE-37) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-07-30)
  570. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  571. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  572. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-07-30)
  573. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from codedread@gmail.com on 2008-07-30)
  574. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from codedread@gmail.com on 2008-07-30)
  575. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  576. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-30)
  577. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-07-30)
  578. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from schepers@w3.org on 2008-07-29)
  579. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-07-29)
  580. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-29)
  581. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-07-29)
  582. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-07-29)
  583. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-07-29)
  584. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-07-29)
  585. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-29)
  586. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-07-29)
  587. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-07-29)
  588. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk on 2008-07-29)
  589. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-29)
  590. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-07-29)
  591. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-07-29)
  592. Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ed@opera.com on 2008-07-28)
  593. SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-24)
  594. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from ed@opera.com on 2008-07-24)
  595. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-07-24)
  596. RE: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2008-07-23)
  597. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-22)
  598. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from schepers@w3.org on 2008-07-21)
  599. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-07-21)
  600. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from schepers@w3.org on 2008-07-21)
  601. RE: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2008-07-21)
  602. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from Smylers@stripey.com on 2008-07-21)
  603. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from t.broyer@gmail.com on 2008-07-21)
  604. RE: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2008-07-20)
  605. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-07-18)
  606. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from rob@robburns.com on 2008-07-17)
  607. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from peter.krantz@gmail.com on 2008-07-17)
  608. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk on 2008-07-17)
  609. Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from t.broyer@gmail.com on 2008-07-17)
  610. On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2008-07-16)
  611. {minutes} HTML WG issue-tracking telcon 2008-06-26 (from mike@w3.org on 2008-07-09)
  612. {minutes} HTML WG issue-tracking telcon 2008-06-12 (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-19)
  613. Re: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-05-23)
  614. Re: ISSUE-41 (Dave Orchard): Decentralized extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-05-12)
  615. Re: ISSUE-41 (Dave Orchard): Decentralized extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-05-12)
  616. Re: ISSUE-41 (Dave Orchard): Decentralized extensibility (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2008-05-11)
  617. Re: ISSUE-41 (Dave Orchard): Decentralized extensibility (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2008-05-11)
  618. ISSUE-41 (Dave Orchard): Decentralized extensibility (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2008-05-08)

Related notes:

(Changing this to closed seems to have changed the name of who raised it; not sure what to do about this, David doesn't appear in the list for me.)

Ian Hickson, 23 May 2008, 10:05:59

I don't think we can make this design decision so blithely, and the justifications of comparing to MARQUEE, BLINK and LAYER are missing part of the point - the decentralized extensibility would be for app/content builders, not for browser vendors.

Chris Wilson, 26 Jun 2008, 17:04:27

<rubys> last week ChrisW indicated that he would prefer that that [demote from open to raised] NOT be done. We need to chat (Chris and I).

Dan Connolly, 12 Jan 2009, 20:21:01

editor's position seems to be given in
Supporting MathML and SVG in text/html, and related topics
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:51:20 +0000
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0205.html

see also

r1399 Fri Apr 4 17:07:36 PDT 2008
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/commit-watchers-whatwg.org/2008/000592.html

Dan Connolly, 16 Feb 2009, 17:31:25

http://intertwingly.net/blog/2009/04/08/HTML-Reunification

Sam Ruby, 8 Apr 2009, 15:00:07

See ISSUE-76

Shawn Medero, 10 Aug 2009, 18:16:34

[MikeSmith]: initial proposal from Tony Ross is at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Sep/att-1216/MicrosoftDistributedExtensibilitySubmission.htm

1 Oct 2009, 07:25:57

Moved to OPEN state because there is a Change Proposal available.

Maciej Stachowiak, 17 Mar 2010, 01:22:47

Changelog:

Created issue 'Decentralized extensibility' nickname Dave Orchard owned by David Orchard on product , description 'The HTML5 specification does not have a mechanism to allow decentralized parties to create their own languages, typically XML languages, and exchange them in HTML5 text/html serializations. This would allow languages such as SVG, MathML, FBML and a host of others to be included. At one point, an editors version of the HTML5 specification contained a subset and reformulation of SVG and MathML. Tim Berners-Lee described this incorporation of SVG and MathML without namespaces as horrific and the issue raiser completely concurs with the him.

This issue limits the ability of non-HTML5 working groups to define languages as the languages must be "brought into" the HTML5 language. This dramatically increases the scope of HTML5 and decreases the ability to modularize development of orthogonal languages.

In the end, the problem could result in the text/html serialization rules becoming the standard serialization rules for XML languages, replacing XML itself. This could occur if every decentralized language has a choice between the XML serialization, the text/html serialization or both. In many cases, the language may choose the text/html serialization.

This issue was first raised in August 2007 by Sam Ruby in [2] and also raised at the recent W3C AC meeting by Tim Berners-Lee [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0134.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/Talks/0421-ac-tbl/#(1) (member-only link until Tim publishes in a public way)
' non-public

David Orchard, 8 May 2008, 15:20:19

Description changed to 'The HTML5 specification does not have a mechanism to allow decentralized parties to create their own languages, typically XML languages, and exchange them in HTML5 text/html serializations. This would allow languages such as SVG, MathML, FBML and a host of others to be included. At one point, an editors version of the HTML5 specification contained a subset and reformulation of SVG and MathML. Tim Berners-Lee described this incorporation of SVG and MathML without namespaces as horrific and the issue raiser completely concurs with the him.

This issue limits the ability of non-HTML5 working groups to define languages as the languages must be "brought into" the HTML5 language. This dramatically increases the scope of HTML5 and decreases the ability to modularize development of orthogonal languages.

In the end, the problem could result in the text/html serialization rules becoming the standard serialization rules for XML languages, replacing XML itself. This could occur if every decentralized language has a choice between the XML serialization, the text/html serialization or both. In many cases, the language may choose the text/html serialization.

This issue was first raised in August 2007 by Sam Ruby in [1] and also raised at the recent W3C AC meeting by Tim Berners-Lee [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0134.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/Talks/0421-ac-tbl/#(1) (member-only link until Tim publishes in a public way)
'

8 May 2008, 16:38:22

Issue dissociated from any product

8 May 2008, 16:38:22

Owner changed to 'Dan Connolly'

23 May 2008, 10:05:59

Product changed to HTML 5 spec

23 May 2008, 10:05:59

Status changed to 'closed'

23 May 2008, 10:05:59

Status changed to 'open'

12 Jun 2008, 17:21:58

Status changed to 'pending review'

12 Jun 2008, 18:12:26

nickname changed to 'Decentralized-extensibility'

Dan Connolly, 20 Jun 2008, 17:00:45

Status changed to 'open'

Chris Wilson, 26 Jun 2008, 17:04:27

Product changed to HTML Principles/Requirements

Dan Connolly, 1 Aug 2008, 17:15:03

Description changed to 'The HTML5 specification does not have a mechanism to allow decentralized parties to create their own languages, typically XML languages, and exchange them in HTML5 text/html serializations. This would allow languages such as SVG, MathML, FBML and a host of others to be included. At one point, an editors version of the HTML5 specification contained a subset and reformulation of SVG and MathML. Tim Berners-Lee described this incorporation of SVG and MathML without namespaces as horrific and the issue raiser [Dave Orchard] completely concurs with the him.

This issue limits the ability of non-HTML5 working groups to define languages as the languages must be "brought into" the HTML5 language. This dramatically increases the scope of HTML5 and decreases the ability to modularize development of orthogonal languages.

In the end, the problem could result in the text/html serialization rules becoming the standard serialization rules for XML languages, replacing XML itself. This could occur if every decentralized language has a choice between the XML serialization, the text/html serialization or both. In many cases, the language may choose the text/html serialization.

This issue was first raised in August 2007 by Sam Ruby in [1] and also raised at the recent W3C AC meeting by Tim Berners-Lee [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0134.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/Talks/0421-ac-tbl/#(1) (member-only link until Tim publishes in a public way)
'

Dan Connolly, 1 Aug 2008, 17:16:21

Status changed to 'raised'

Dan Connolly, 12 Jan 2009, 20:18:10

Status changed to 'open'

Dan Connolly, 12 Jan 2009, 20:21:01

Status changed to 'raised'

Dan Connolly, 20 Jan 2009, 17:57:39

Status changed to 'open'

Sam Ruby, 8 Apr 2009, 15:00:07

Status changed to 'raised'

Sam Ruby, 20 Aug 2009, 17:02:06

Description changed to 'The HTML5 specification does not have a mechanism to allow decentralized parties to create their own languages, typically XML languages, and exchange them in HTML5 text/html serializations. This would allow languages such as SVG, MathML, FBML and a host of others to be included. At one point, an editors version of the HTML5 specification contained a subset and reformulation of SVG and MathML. Tim Berners-Lee described this incorporation of SVG and MathML without namespaces as horrific and the issue raiser [Dave Orchard] completely concurs with the him.

This issue limits the ability of non-HTML5 working groups to define languages as the languages must be "brought into" the HTML5 language. This dramatically increases the scope of HTML5 and decreases the ability to modularize development of orthogonal languages.

In the end, the problem could result in the text/html serialization rules becoming the standard serialization rules for XML languages, replacing XML itself. This could occur if every decentralized language has a choice between the XML serialization, the text/html serialization or both. In many cases, the language may choose the text/html serialization.

This issue was first raised in August 2007 by Sam Ruby in [1] and also raised at the recent W3C AC meeting by Tim Berners-Lee [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0134.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/Talks/0421-ac-tbl/#(1) (member-only link until Tim publishes in a public way)

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [semantics-0]'

James Graham, 21 Aug 2009, 11:34:08

Description changed to 'The HTML5 specification does not have a mechanism to allow decentralized parties to create their own languages, typically XML languages, and exchange them in HTML5 text/html serializations. This would allow languages such as SVG, MathML, FBML and a host of others to be included. At one point, an editors version of the HTML5 specification contained a subset and reformulation of SVG and MathML. Tim Berners-Lee described this incorporation of SVG and MathML without namespaces as horrific and the issue raiser [Dave Orchard] completely concurs with the him.

This issue limits the ability of non-HTML5 working groups to define languages as the languages must be "brought into" the HTML5 language. This dramatically increases the scope of HTML5 and decreases the ability to modularize development of orthogonal languages.

In the end, the problem could result in the text/html serialization rules becoming the standard serialization rules for XML languages, replacing XML itself. This could occur if every decentralized language has a choice between the XML serialization, the text/html serialization or both. In many cases, the language may choose the text/html serialization.

This issue was first raised in August 2007 by Sam Ruby in [1] and also raised at the recent W3C AC meeting by Tim Berners-Lee [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0134.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/Talks/0421-ac-tbl/#(1) (member-only link until Tim publishes in a public way)

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [semantics-0 extensibility]'

Sam Ruby, 24 Aug 2009, 12:47:51

Owner changed to 'Sam Ruby'

Sam Ruby, 23 Oct 2009, 22:20:25

Status changed to 'open'

Sam Ruby, 18 Nov 2009, 15:31:24

Product changed to HTML 5 spec

Maciej Stachowiak, 24 Feb 2010, 10:30:47

Status changed to 'raised'

Sam Ruby, 4 Mar 2010, 22:02:43

Status changed to 'open'

Maciej Stachowiak, 17 Mar 2010, 01:22:47

Product changed to pre-LC1 HTML 5 spec

Sam Ruby, 29 Jan 2011, 18:22:25

Status changed to 'closed'

Sam Ruby, 3 Feb 2011, 16:00:10


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $