Edit ISSUE-31: Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. Re: Usage of Alt (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-11-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-11-24)
  2. Re: Usage of Alt (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-11-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-11-24)
  3. Usage of Alt (from robin@w3.org on 2012-11-23) (from robin@w3.org on 2012-11-23)
  4. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 requirements survey (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-10-10) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-10-10)
  5. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 requirements survey (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-10-10) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-10-10)
  6. [Bug 19055] New: HTML5 Lacks a Way to Programmatically-Determine Missing Text Alternatives (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2012-09-25) (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2012-09-25)
  7. CfC: Close ISSUE-206: meta-generator by Amicable Resolution (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-31) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-31)
  8. Re: ISSUE-206: meta-generator - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-24) (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-24)
  9. 答复: ISSUE-206: meta-generator - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-06-28) (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-06-28)
  10. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-203 media-descriptions by Amicable Resolution (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27)
  11. Re: ISSUE-206: meta-generator - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27)
  12. ISSUE-206: meta-generator - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27)
  13. Re: Issue 31c: Meta generator (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-27)
  14. [minutes] 20120621 HTML Working Group (from plh@w3.org on 2012-06-22) (from plh@w3.org on 2012-06-22)
  15. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-22) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-22)
  16. 答复: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-06-21) (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-06-21)
  17. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-20) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-20)
  18. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-06-14) (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-06-14)
  19. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-13) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-13)
  20. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-13) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-13)
  21. Issue 31c: Meta generator (from jbrewer@w3.org on 2012-06-09) (from jbrewer@w3.org on 2012-06-09)
  22. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-07 - actions, issues, task force reports (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-06-07) (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-06-07)
  23. Re: Issue 31c: Meta generator (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-05-18) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-05-18)
  24. Issue 31c: Meta generator (from jbrewer@w3.org on 2012-05-02) (from jbrewer@w3.org on 2012-05-02)
  25. Re: Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-03-13) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-03-13)
  26. RE: Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-13) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-13)
  27. RE: Review of second reopen request for issue 31b [alt-location] (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-13) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-13)
  28. Re: Request to Reconsider Meta Generator Alt Exception [ISSUE-31] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-02-27) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-02-27)
  29. Re: Request to Reconsider Alt Guidance Location (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-02-23) (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-02-23)
  30. Request to Reconsider Alt Guidance Location (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-02-22) (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-02-22)
  31. Re: Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-17) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-17)
  32. Re: Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-16) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-16)
  33. Re: re-open request for issue 31 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-11) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-11)
  34. RE: re-open request for issue 31 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-02-11) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-02-11)
  35. re-open request for issue 31 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-11) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-11)
  36. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-10) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-10)
  37. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-02-10) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-02-10)
  38. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-09) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-09)
  39. Request to Reconsider Meta Generator Alt Exception (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-02-09) (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-02-09)
  40. Re: Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-09) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-02-09)
  41. Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-08) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-08)
  42. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-07-05) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-07-05)
  43. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-05-12: Actions, New Issues, Closing Issues, TF reports, Last Call schedule (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-05-11) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-05-11)
  44. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-12: Actions, New Issues, Closing Issues, TF reports, Last Call schedule (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-05-11) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-05-11)
  45. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey - formal objection to the title being conforming (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-05-04) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-05-04)
  46. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey - formal objection to the title being conforming (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-05-04) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-05-04)
  47. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey - formal objection to the title being conforming (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-05-04) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-05-04)
  48. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from karld@opera.com on 2011-04-26) (from karld@opera.com on 2011-04-26)
  49. Fwd: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-25) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-25)
  50. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-25) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-25)
  51. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-24) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-24)
  52. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-24) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-24)
  53. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2011-04-24) (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2011-04-24)
  54. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-22) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-22)
  55. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2011-04-22) (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2011-04-22)
  56. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-22) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-22)
  57. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-22) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-22)
  58. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-22) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-22)
  59. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-22) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-22)
  60. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-04-21) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-04-21)
  61. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-21) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-21)
  62. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-04-21) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-04-21)
  63. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-21) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-21)
  64. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-21) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-21)
  65. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-21) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-21)
  66. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-21) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-21)
  67. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-21) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-21)
  68. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-21) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-21)
  69. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-21: New Issue, ISSUE-152, Decisions, Issue Status, Plans (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-20) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-20)
  70. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-20) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-20)
  71. [Bug 12526] New: image verbiage (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2011-04-20) (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2011-04-20)
  72. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-19)
  73. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-19)
  74. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-19) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-04-19)
  75. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-19) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-19)
  76. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19)
  77. Re: Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-19)
  78. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19)
  79. Objection to generator decision (Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19)
  80. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19)
  81. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19)
  82. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-04-19)
  83. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18)
  84. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-18) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2011-04-18)
  85. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 requirements survey (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18)
  86. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey - formal objection to the title being conforming (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18)
  87. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 requirements survey (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-18) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-18)
  88. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey - formal objection to the title being conforming (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-18) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2011-04-18)
  89. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 requirements survey (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18)
  90. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 verbiage survey (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-18)
  91. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-18) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-04-18)
  92. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-07: Issues, Surveys, Decisions and Publications (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-04-07) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-04-07)
  93. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-07: Issues, Surveys, Decisions and Publications (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-04-06) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-04-06)
  94. Validity map for <img> (Poll A, ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80, validation) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-03-31) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-03-31)
  95. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll A for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-03-31) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-03-31)
  96. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll A for Objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-03-30) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-03-30)
  97. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll A for Objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-03-30) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-03-30)
  98. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll A for Objections (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-30) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-30)
  99. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll A for Objections (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-30) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-30)
  100. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-31: Issues, Publications, Surveys, Decisions, Task Force Reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-30) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-30)
  101. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll A for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-03-30) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-03-30)
  102. ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll C for Objections (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-29) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-29)
  103. ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll B for Objections (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-29) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-29)
  104. ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 - Straw Poll A for Objections (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-29) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-29)
  105. Re: example spec text for longdesc (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-21) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-21)
  106. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-17: Issues, surveys, decisions and task force reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-03-17) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-03-17)
  107. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-17: Issues, surveys, decisions and task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-15) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-15)
  108. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-03: Issues, survey, A11y TF mini-report, Bug 11984 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-02-10) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-02-10)
  109. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07)
  110. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07)
  111. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07)
  112. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07)
  113. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07)
  114. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07)
  115. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-07)
  116. Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-02-07)
  117. Re: Change Proposal text for HTML WG ISSUE-122 (HTML5 section 4.8.1.1.7) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-12-08) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-12-08)
  118. Change Proposals Regarding ISSUE-31 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-11-27) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-11-27)
  119. {minutes} HTML WG F2F minutes, Lyon, France, Nov 4-5 Part 1 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-11-09) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-11-09)
  120. [Bug 8827] Inappropriate spec text and advice where images are not known (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-09-14) (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-09-14)
  121. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-26) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-26)
  122. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-26) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-26)
  123. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-26) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-26)
  124. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-26) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-26)
  125. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-26) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-26)
  126. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-25) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-25)
  127. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-25) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-25)
  128. RE: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-08-25) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-08-25)
  129. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-24) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-24)
  130. RE: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-08-13) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-08-13)
  131. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-10) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-10)
  132. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-09) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-09)
  133. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-09) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-09)
  134. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-08) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-08)
  135. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-07) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-07)
  136. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-07)
  137. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-07)
  138. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-07) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-08-07)
  139. Re: Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-07) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-08-07)
  140. Specific points of controversy relating to alt text (ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-06) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-06)
  141. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-07-25) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-07-25)
  142. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-23) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-23)
  143. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-23) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-23)
  144. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-22) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-22)
  145. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-22) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-22)
  146. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-07-22) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-07-22)
  147. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-22) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-22)
  148. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-22) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-22)
  149. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21)
  150. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21)
  151. RE: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-07-21) (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-07-21)
  152. RE: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2010-07-21) (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2010-07-21)
  153. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-07-21) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-07-21)
  154. RE: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2010-07-20) (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2010-07-20)
  155. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-07-19) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-07-19)
  156. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-19) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-19)
  157. Re: Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-19) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-19)
  158. Re: comments on 'private use' section of proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-18) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-18)
  159. Re: comments on 'private use' section of proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2010-07-18) (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2010-07-18)
  160. Re: comments on 'private use' section of proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-18) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-18)
  161. Re: response to counter proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-16) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-16)
  162. Re: response to counter proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-16) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-16)
  163. Re: response to counter proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-16) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-16)
  164. Re: comments on 'private use' section of proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-16) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-16)
  165. Re: response to counter proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-16) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-16)
  166. Re: comments on 'private use' section of proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-16) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-16)
  167. comments on 'private use' section of proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-16) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-16)
  168. response to counter proposal for ISSUE-31 AND ISSUE-80 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-16) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-07-16)
  169. Change proposals for ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-07-15) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-07-15)
  170. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-15) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-07-15)
  171. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-15) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-15)
  172. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15: note new dial-in numbers for Paris and London (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-07-14) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-07-14)
  173. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-08) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-08)
  174. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-80 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-08) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-08)
  175. Re: Add rationale or exclude role='presentation', aria-labelledby & aria-labelled attributes from alt change proposal? Help needed. (was Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-08) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-08)
  176. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-31 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-08) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-08)
  177. FW: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  178. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  179. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-31 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-07-01) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-07-01)
  180. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-31 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-06-24) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-06-24)
  181. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-80 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-23)
  182. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-23)
  183. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-31 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-23)
  184. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  185. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-23) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-23)
  186. Re: Null change proposal for ISSUE-31 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  187. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  188. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-11) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-11)
  189. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from raman@google.com (T.V Raman) on 2010-05-10) (from raman@google.com (T.V Raman) on 2010-05-10)
  190. Re: Request to publish HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives as a first public working draft (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-09) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-09)
  191. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04)
  192. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04)
  193. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-05-04) (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-05-04)
  194. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04)
  195. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-04)
  196. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-05-03) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-05-03)
  197. HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-05-03) (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-05-03)
  198. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-29: Action items, new issues, Task Force reports - minutes of the meeting (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29)
  199. [Bug 9589] HTML5 should give examples for how to present @title when the user can't use a pointing device (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-04-25) (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-04-25)
  200. Minutes of HTML WG meeting, Apr 15 2010 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-19) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-19)
  201. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-15: Action items, issues, decision policy, task forces, TPAC (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-14) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-14)
  202. [minutes] 20100325 HTML teleconference (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30) (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30)
  203. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  204. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-03-24) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-03-24)
  205. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 Change Proposals (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24)
  206. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24)
  207. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 Change Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  208. Re: ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 Change Proposals (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24)
  209. Re: priority of bugs changed...again (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24)
  210. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  211. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-24)
  212. Re: priority of bugs changed...again (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  213. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  214. ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80 Change Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  215. Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-24) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-24)
  216. Re: Null change proposals for ISSUE-31, ISSUE-41, ISSUE-80, and ISSUE-88 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-23)
  217. Re: Bug 7034 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-23) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-23)
  218. Re: Bug 7034 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-23)
  219. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-18) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-18)
  220. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-03-18) (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-03-18)
  221. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-18) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-03-18)
  222. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-17: various issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-17)
  223. Re: Breakdown of issues (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12)
  224. Breakdown of issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12)
  225. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-11: decision policy, proposals, task forces (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-11) (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-11)
  226. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-11: decision policy, proposals, task forces (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-10) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-10)
  227. [Bug 8716] Replace img Guidance for Conformance Checkers with Suggested Text for Short Text Alternatives (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-03-10) (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-03-10)
  228. [Bug 6496] Allow <img aria-labelledby> to act as a text alternative (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-03-10) (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-03-10)
  229. Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-25: actions, issues, publication (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-24) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-24)
  230. Re: ISSUE-31: missing-alt & ISSUE-80: title-alternative - Chairs solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-24) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-24)
  231. Re: ISSUE-31: missing-alt & ISSUE-80: title-alternative - Chairs solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  232. ISSUE-31: missing-alt & ISSUE-80: title-alternative - Chairs solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  233. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-02-11) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-02-11)
  234. Minutes HTML WG 11 February 2010 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-11)
  235. Re: ACTION-170: Update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-02-11) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-02-11)
  236. Re: ISSUE-31 Change Proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-11) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-11)
  237. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from dboudreau@webconforme.com on 2010-02-10) (from dboudreau@webconforme.com on 2010-02-10)
  238. Re: ACTION-170: Update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-10) (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-10)
  239. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-10) (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-10)
  240. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10)
  241. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10)
  242. ACTION-170: Update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10)
  243. [VER 2] {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-21) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-21)
  244. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from singer@apple.com on 2010-01-21) (from singer@apple.com on 2010-01-21)
  245. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20)
  246. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20)
  247. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13) (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13)
  248. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13)
  249. Re: change proposal:modification to section 4.8.2.1 the img element (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-12-09) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-12-09)
  250. Re: change proposal:modification to section 4.8.2.1 the img element (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  251. Re: change proposal:modification to section 4.8.2.1 the img element (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04)
  252. Re: change proposal:modification to section 4.8.2.1 the img element (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04)
  253. change proposal:modification to section 4.8.2.1 the img element (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-12-03) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  254. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-3: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  255. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19) (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  256. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  257. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  258. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  259. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10 - Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09)
  260. FW: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10 - Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09)
  261. minutes for 2009-09-03 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-05) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-05)
  262. Re: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 - Accessibility TF, HTML5 Test Suite, etc (from john@jkemp.net on 2009-09-02) (from john@jkemp.net on 2009-09-02)
  263. Re: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 - Accessibility TF, HTML5 Test Suite, etc (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-02) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-02)
  264. Re: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 - Accessibility TF, HTML5 Test Suite, etc (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-09-02) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-09-02)
  265. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 - Accessibility TF, HTML5 Test Suite, etc (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-01) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-01)
  266. State of HTML WG Unresolved Issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  267. Re: feedback requested on WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 document (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-17) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-17)
  268. Re: feedback requested on WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 document (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-16) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-16)
  269. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  270. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12) (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  271. Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  272. minutes HTML weekly 9 July for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09)
  273. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-15) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-15)
  274. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-01) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-01)
  275. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-05-11) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-05-11)
  276. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-05-07 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-05-07) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-05-07)
  277. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27)
  278. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-31) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-31)
  279. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-24) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-24)
  280. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-16) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-16)
  281. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  282. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  283. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-09) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-09)
  284. Re: Example canvas element use - accessibility concerns (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-24)
  285. RE: Example canvas element use - accessibility concerns (from foliot@wats.ca on 2009-02-24) (from foliot@wats.ca on 2009-02-24)
  286. Re: Example canvas element use - accessibility concerns (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-24) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-24)
  287. Re: Input on the agenda (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-23) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-23)
  288. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-23) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-23)
  289. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-02-19 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-19) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-19)
  290. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-02-18) (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-02-18)
  291. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-18) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-18)
  292. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-02-12) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2009-02-12)
  293. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-02-12) (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-02-12)
  294. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from jcraig@apple.com on 2009-02-11) (from jcraig@apple.com on 2009-02-11)
  295. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-11) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-11)
  296. [Minutes] HTML Weekly Teleconference 05 February 2009 (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2009-02-05) (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2009-02-05)
  297. minutes: HTML WG weekly telcon 22 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-23) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-23)
  298. minutes: HTML Weekly Teleconference 15 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16)
  299. minutes: HTML Weekly Teleconference 08 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16)
  300. Action 90 & 92: Ask Matt May if he can help represent WAI WGs in the HTML WG - due 2009-01-15 - open (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-14) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-14)
  301. HTML WG telcon 2008-08-28 (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2008-08-26) (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2008-08-26)
  302. Re: requiring the alt attribute (from rob@robburns.com on 2008-08-24) (from rob@robburns.com on 2008-08-24)
  303. requiring the alt attribute [was Re: Another HTML5 alt conformance question for clarification] (from rob@robburns.com on 2008-08-24) (from rob@robburns.com on 2008-08-24)
  304. Re: toward a schedule of HTML WG issues (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-22) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-22)
  305. Re: toward a schedule of HTML WG issues (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-08-22) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-08-22)
  306. toward a schedule of HTML WG issues (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-21) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-21)
  307. Re: ISSUE-58 (curly alt): Use of 'curly brackets' to identify a graphical image by its use or type by inserting a generic identifier / descriptor in curly braces as the @alt value for an IMG, [HTML 5 spec] (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2008-08-13) (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2008-08-13)
  308. Re: ISSUE-58 (curly alt): Use of 'curly brackets' to identify a graphical image by its use or type by inserting a generic identifier / descriptor in curly braces as the @alt value for an IMG, [HTML 5 spec] (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-13) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-08-13)
  309. {minutes} HTML WG issue-tracking telcon 2008-06-19 (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-25) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-25)
  310. {minutes} HTML WG issue-tracking telcon 2008-06-05 (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-06) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-06)
  311. Re: alt - data and reason Re: One more thought... (from mjs@apple.com on 2008-05-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2008-05-19)
  312. Re: alt - data and reason Re: One more thought... (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-05-19) (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-05-19)
  313. RE: alt - data and reason Re: One more thought... (from love26@gorge.net on 2008-05-19) (from love26@gorge.net on 2008-05-19)
  314. alt - data and reason Re: One more thought... (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-05-19) (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-05-19)
  315. Re: Use-case for where alt text would be truly unavailable (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-25) (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-25)
  316. Re: Use-case for where alt text would be truly unavailable (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2008-04-18) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2008-04-18)
  317. minutes HTML WG weekly 17 Apr (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-04-17) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-04-17)
  318. Is this an accurate reflection of where we stand today? (was RE: New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft)) (from foliot@wats.ca on 2008-04-16) (from foliot@wats.ca on 2008-04-16)
  319. Re: Use-case for where alt text would be truly unavailable (from raman@google.com on 2008-04-16) (from raman@google.com on 2008-04-16)
  320. Re: Use-case for where alt text would be truly unavailable (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-16) (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-16)
  321. Re: New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft) (from Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org on 2008-04-14) (from Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org on 2008-04-14)
  322. Re: New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2008-04-11) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2008-04-11)
  323. Re: New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-04-11) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-04-11)
  324. Re: omitting alt: closing an open issue with a bound action item in progress (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2008-04-11) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2008-04-11)
  325. Re: omitting alt: closing an open issue with a bound action item in progress (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-04-11) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-04-11)
  326. Re: [html4all] New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft) (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-11) (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-11)
  327. Re: several messages relating to the alt='' attribute (from lhs@malform.no on 2008-04-11) (from lhs@malform.no on 2008-04-11)
  328. omitting alt: closing an open issue with a bound action item in progress (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2008-04-10) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2008-04-10)
  329. Re: several messages relating to the alt='' attribute (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-04-10) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2008-04-10)
  330. minutes HTML WG weekly 21 Feb (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-03-09) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-03-09)
  331. ISSUE-31 (missing-alt): Should img without alt ever be conforming [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2008-02-07) (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2008-02-07)

Related notes:

I've examined this issue and all related materials, and couldn't find a way to deal with mass-upload image hosting sites and Rorschach inkblot tests that didn't involve not including the alt='' attribute. Since alt='' is still required in all other cases, this shouldn't, as far as I can tell, affect accessibility of other pages.

Please re-open if you have a reason to address the above issues in some other way.

Ian Hickson, 10 Apr 2008, 22:11:35

Reopened - there is an ongoing action item related to this, and clearly no consensus yet.

Charles McCathie Nevile, 11 Apr 2008, 10:12:39

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0225.html is the start of the thread (called new issue, but it isn't) about HTML and WCAG drafts.

Charles McCathie Nevile, 11 Apr 2008, 11:57:40

(Moving to None product to indicate that the issue now is about coordination with another working group rather than about specific issues with the spec itself. I will move it back once coordination issues are resolved.)

Ian Hickson, 11 Apr 2008, 19:42:17

Some more thread roots - this has generated a *lot* of discussion...

http://www.w3.org/mid/fb6fbf560804141048u16a79483ic355ef11366166dc@mail.gmail.com - "An attempted summary" by Jim Jewett

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0295.html - "Re: New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft ..." (thread broken) from Katie Haritos-Shea

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0372.html - same thread broke again from Henri Sivonen

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0334.html - "point of clarification in alt debates" - Steven Faulkner

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0400.html - "there are markup options" from Al Gilman

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0408.html - "request for review of alt and alt value..." from Laura Carlson

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0461.html = "Use case for where alt would be truly unavailable" from Andrew Sidwell

Charles McCathie Nevile, 16 Apr 2008, 08:34:10

This is pretty clearly a question of what the spec requires.

Charles McCathie Nevile, 25 Apr 2008, 04:30:35

Title changed per resolution on August 14th, 2008 telecon.

Shawn Medero, 14 Aug 2008, 16:35:43

The HTML 5 editor's draft has changed significantly since ISSUE-31 was opened:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#alt

One of those changes ("curly braces" proposal) resulted in ISSUE-58 being opened to address concerns that the "curly braces" proposal should NOT compromise the author's ability to provide a textual equivalent. The August 14th, 2008 telecon determined that ISSUE-58 was a duplicate of ISSUE-31 and the resolution was to change the title of ISSUE-31 to more accurately state the HTML working group's (and other WGs) concerns around HTML 5's @alt language.

One of the major discussion points in ISSUE-58 was that using @role for machine-parseable values would be a better approach than the one set forth in the "curly braces" proposal. Laura Carlson noted in the telcon that the @role proposal is detailed on the HTML WG wiki:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/IssueAltAttribute#head-27468e7ee9afd1f9e07186c8d74f0b0168b3975a

Shawn Medero, 14 Aug 2008, 16:58:23

nice summary:

Re: some reflections on @alt usage (and summary of research so far)
Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:45:24 +0000 (UTC)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Aug/0602.html

Dan Connolly, 25 Aug 2008, 15:46:07

Ian's summary of the current state (Aug 26th, 2008) the @alt draft text and how he came to his findings:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Aug/0759.html

Shawn Medero, 26 Aug 2008, 21:21:04

raised pending proposal

Dan Connolly, 22 Jan 2009, 17:36:27

Marking this OPEN as Ian's proposal of 6 Feb 2009 20:15:34 +0000 seems to have
a critical mass of support
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0184.html

Dan Connolly, 11 Feb 2009, 22:59:14

Steve Faulkner has started of redraft of sub sections '4.8.1 The figure element' and '4.8.2 The img element':
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/img.html

Start of "Best practice techniques: Providing text alternatives for images"
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/textalternatives.html

Based on Action 54: First Draft Deliverable
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/Action54AltAttribute

Laura Carlson, 10 Sep 2009, 15:51:44

img Element Change Proposal
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ChangeProposals/ImgElement20091203

Laura Carlson, 3 Dec 2009, 15:37:49

Related Bugs:
6494: Make the requiredness about alt more obvious.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6494
7144: I am not sure if we are ditching ALT in favour of legend. You don't make this clear.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7144
8171: Implement the text alternatives proposal from WAI
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8171
8645: Alt text for images
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8645
8646: Private communication exception
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8646
8652: what to display when images are not available is not well specified
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8652
8716: Replace img Guidance for Conformance Checkers with Suggested Text
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8716
8827: Inappropriate spec text and advice where images are not known
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8827

Laura Carlson, 27 Jan 2010, 19:08:02

Email:
ISSUE-31 Change Proposal - Laura Carlson
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Jan/thread.html#msg310

Laura Carlson, 28 Jan 2010, 14:55:56


Change Proposals:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElement20090126
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElement20091209
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Mar/0029.html

Re: Request for PFWG WAI review of Omitting alt Attribute for Critical Content
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Feb/0082.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Feb/0088.html

Action 54: First Draft Deliverable (authoring guidelines and examples)
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Action54AltAttribute
Action 54 First Draft Comments:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Action54AltAttributeDiscussion
Action 54 Second draft
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Action54AltAttributeSecondDraft
Action 54 Third Draft:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Action54AltAttributeThirdDraft

WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/Text-Alternatives-in-HTML5

ACTION-131 First Draft Deliverable (Spec text):
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/img.html

Related Bugs:

9218: Enable Automatic Validators to Programmatically Determine the Presence or Absence of a Set of Text Alternatives
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9218
9217: Remove the Paragraph-Section-Heading loophole for not providing a text alternative.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9217
9216: Provide a CAPTCHA example that is in accord with WCAG 2 or Defer to "HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives"
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9216
9215: Provide a Webcam example that is in accord with WCAG 2 or Defer to 'HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives"
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9215
9214: Allow role="presentation" on img
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9214
9213: HTML5 Lacks a Way to Programmatically-Determine Missing Text Alternatives
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9213
9212: Change the Generator Mechanism for img from Document Level to Element Level
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9212
8872: split out and modify parts of Section 4.8.2.1 the img element
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8872
8827: Inappropriate spec text and advice where images are not known
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8827
8716: Replace img Guidance for Conformance Checkers with Suggested Text
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8716
8652: what to display when images are not available is not well specified
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8652
8646: Private communication exception
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8646
8645: Alt text for images
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8645
8171: Implement the text alternatives proposal from WAI
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8171
7144: I am not sure if we are ditching ALT in favour of legend. You don't make this clear.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7144
6494: Make the requiredness about alt more obvious.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6494

Laura Carlson, 10 May 2010, 13:16:27

Bug triage sub-team notes that Bug 9098 http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9098 also seems related to this. It already has the TrackerIssue keyword and a reference to this issue.

Michael Cooper, 14 Sep 2010, 16:13:01

[glenn]: re-open request

14 Jun 2012, 16:22:36


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $