ISSUE-184: Add a data element

data-element

Add a data element

State:
CLOSED
Product:
HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Sam Ruby
Opened on:
2011-11-29
Description:
This issue is raised on behalf of Tantek Çelik:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0117.html

A change proposal to introduce a simple data element for use with microformats, microdata, RDFa based on use-cases of the general class of human vs. machine data publishing: http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik/data_element

escalated from Bug 13240 - Consider replacing <time> with <data> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13240
Related Actions Items:
No related actions
Related emails:
  1. RE: [Bug12318] <time> vs. <data> semantic tags for machine-readable content (from travis.leithead@microsoft.com on 2013-03-05)
  2. Re: [Bug12318] <time> vs. <data> semantic tags for machine-readable content (from cmhjones@gmail.com on 2013-02-02)
  3. Working Group Decision: Close ISSUE-183 enhance-time by Amicable Resolution (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-31)
  4. Updating Change Proposals for ISSUE-195 form-http-req (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-22)
  5. CfC: Close ISSUE-183 enhance-time by Amicable Resolution (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-19)
  6. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-19 - issues, decisions and surveys (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-19)
  7. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-19 - issues, decisions and surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-18)
  8. Re: Updating Change Proposals for ISSUE-183 enhance-time (from cmhjones@gmail.com on 2012-07-18)
  9. Re: Updating Change Proposals for ISSUE-183 enhance-time (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-07-18)
  10. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-184 Add a data element (from cmhjones@gmail.com on 2012-07-18)
  11. Re: Updating Change Proposals for ISSUE-183 enhance-time (from cmhjones@gmail.com on 2012-07-18)
  12. Updating Change Proposals for ISSUE-183 enhance-time (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-07-17)
  13. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-184 Add a data element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-17)
  14. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-28 - actions, issues, rechartering, editor (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2012-07-12)
  15. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-28 - actions, issues, rechartering, editor (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-06-27)
  16. [minutes] 20120621 HTML Working Group (from plh@w3.org on 2012-06-22)
  17. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-22)
  18. 答复: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-06-21)
  19. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-20)
  20. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-06-14)
  21. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-13)
  22. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-13)
  23. ISSUE-184: data-element - Straw Poll for Objections (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-12)
  24. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and other business (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2012-05-18)
  25. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-10 (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2012-05-17)
  26. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and other business (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-05-16)
  27. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and other business (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-05-16)
  28. Re: Chair review of the issue-184 change proposals (from cmhjones@gmail.com on 2012-05-15)
  29. Re: Chair review of the issue-184 change proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-05-15)
  30. Re: Chair review of the issue-184 change proposals (from cmhjones@gmail.com on 2012-05-11)
  31. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-10 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-05-09)
  32. Re: Chair review of the issue-184 change proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-05-04)
  33. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-19: issues, decisions, TF reports, Change Proposal reviews (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-04-19)
  34. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-19: issues, decisions, TF reports, Change Proposal reviews (from Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com on 2012-04-18)
  35. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-19: issues, decisions, TF reports, Change Proposal reviews (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-18)
  36. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-184 data-element Change Proposal by Amicable Consensus (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-18)
  37. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-12: issues, survey, decisions, Media TF, and F2F (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-12)
  38. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-12: issues, survey, decisions, Media TF, and F2F (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-04-10)
  39. CfC: Adopt ISSUE-184 data-element Change Proposal by Amicable Consensus (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-04)
  40. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-29: issue progress, heartbeat publications and revert request, change proposal reviews, upcoming straw poll (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-03-29)
  41. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-29: issue progress, heartbeat publications and revert request, change proposal reviews, upcoming straw poll (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-28)
  42. Chair pre-review of the issue-204 change proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-28)
  43. Chair review of the issue-184 change proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-27)
  44. [minutes] HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-16)
  45. HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-02-15)
  46. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-02-09: issue progress, task force reports, revert request, new information deadline, F2F (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2012-02-09)
  47. Re: ISSUE-184: data-element - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from cmhjones@gmail.com on 2012-02-09)
  48. HTML WG telecon 2012-02-09: issue progress, task force reports, revert request, new information deadline, F2F (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-07)
  49. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-26: issue progress (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-02-02)
  50. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-26: issue progress (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-02-02)
  51. Revert Request [was RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-26: issue progress] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-02-01)
  52. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-26: issue progress (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-01)
  53. HTML WG minutes (Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-12: issue progress, other business) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-01-12)
  54. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-12: issue progress, other business (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-01-12)
  55. ISSUE-184: data-element - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-01-11)
  56. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-01: actions and issues (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2011-12-01)
  57. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-01: actions and issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-11-29)
  58. ISSUE-184: data-element - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-11-29)
  59. HTML-ISSUE-184 (data-element): Add a data element [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2011-11-29)

Related notes:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0101.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0120.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0122.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0125.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0133.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0159.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0161.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0163.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0166.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0174.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0176.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0178.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0178.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0179.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0182.html

Sam Ruby, 1 Dec 2011, 17:36:46

[krisk]: data-element, Call for Consensus closes Apr 11

5 Apr 2012, 16:11:11

[glenn]: Data Element adopted by Amicable Consensus

19 Apr 2012, 16:06:12

[glenn]: data-element, Survey closes Jun 21

14 Jun 2012, 16:11:02

[glenn]: data-element - Straw Poll for Objections

14 Jun 2012, 16:14:42

[krisk]: data-element, survey closed Jun 21

28 Jun 2012, 16:11:27

Changelog:

Created issue 'Add a data element' nickname data-element owned by Sam Ruby on product HTML 5 spec, description 'This issue is raised on behalf of Tantek Çelik:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0117.html

A change proposal to introduce a simple data element for use with microformats, microdata, RDFa based on use-cases of the general class of human vs. machine data publishing: http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik/data_element

escalated from Bug 13240 - Consider replacing <time> with <data> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13240' non-public

Sam Ruby, 29 Nov 2011, 12:31:11

Status changed to 'open'

Sam Ruby, 29 Nov 2011, 12:43:19

Status changed to 'closed'

Sam Ruby, 18 Jul 2012, 13:09:57


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $