Edit ACTION-78: work on text and heading for 1.5.4 Relationship to Flash, Silverlight, XUL and similar proprietary languages

Title:

State:

Person:

Due Date:

(accepts formats such as "2005-05-17", "+1 week", "14 August 2005" and "next Thursday")

Associated Issue:

Or Associated Product:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-05-07 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-05-06) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-05-06)
  2. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-05-07 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-05-06) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-05-06)
  3. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-03-12) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-03-12)
  4. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-03-12) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-03-12)
  5. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  6. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-03-11)
  7. [Minutes] HTML Weekly Teleconference 05 February 2009 (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2009-02-05) (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2009-02-05)
  8. Process Model [was: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-20) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-20)
  9. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-20) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-20)
  10. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-20) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-20)
  11. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-20) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-20)
  12. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from jimjjewett@gmail.com on 2009-01-19) (from jimjjewett@gmail.com on 2009-01-19)
  13. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-19) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-19)
  14. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19)
  15. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19)
  16. RE: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2009-01-19) (from Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com on 2009-01-19)
  17. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk on 2009-01-19) (from P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk on 2009-01-19)
  18. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-01-19) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-01-19)
  19. Publishing HTML5 (was: Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-19) (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-01-19)
  20. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-19) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-19)
  21. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-19) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-19)
  22. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-18) (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-18)
  23. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-01-18) (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-01-18)
  24. RE: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-18) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-18)
  25. minutes: HTML Weekly Teleconference 08 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16)
  26. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from robin@berjon.com on 2009-01-15) (from robin@berjon.com on 2009-01-15)
  27. 'propietary languages' section -- remove it (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-14) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-14)
  28. Re: ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-14) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-14)
  29. ACTION-78: Suggestion text for 1.5.4 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-14) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-14)
  30. {minutes} 2008-10-24 f2f meeting (day two) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-11-07) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-11-07)

Related notes:

Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Nov/0052.html.

Chris Wilson, 20 Nov 2008, 16:47:31

Discussed on 1/8/2009 telecon:

Current spec language pointer: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#relationship-to-flash-silverlight-xul-and-similar-proprietary-languages

"This specification is independent of the various proprietary application languages that various vendors provide, but is intended to address many of the same problems.

In contrast with proprietary languages, this specification is intended to define an openly-produced, vendor-neutral language, to be implemented in a broad range of competing products, across a wide range of platforms and devices. This enables developers to write applications that are not limited to one vendor's implementation or language. Furthermore, while writing applications that target vendor-specific platforms necessarily introduces a cost that application developers and their customers or users will face if they are forced to switch (or desire to switch) to another vendor's platform, using an openly-produced and vendor neutral language means that application authors can switch vendors with little to no cost."

Shawn Medero, 8 Jan 2009, 17:04:53

Larry wants to take a crack at editing the new language.

Chris Wilson, 8 Jan 2009, 17:09:29

action reassigned to lachlan hunt at 2009-02-05 conference call

http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html

Gregory Rosmaita, 5 Feb 2009, 17:22:22

"I've removed 1.5.4." - Ian Hickson, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Feb/0102.html

Sam Ruby, 23 Feb 2009, 13:40:03

Agreement on call to close this since the section has been removed and the item has been overdue for some time. Can be reopened if there is a text proposal.

Chris Wilson, 14 May 2009, 16:22:02


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $