ACTION-133: Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content

Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content

State:
closed
Person:
Richard Schwerdtfeger
Due on:
December 17, 2009
Created on:
August 11, 2009
Associated Issue:
canvas-accessibility
Related emails:
  1. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from ishida@w3.org on 2010-01-11)
  2. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-06)
  3. Re: ACTION-133: Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-17)
  4. Re: FW: ACTION-133: Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-17)
  5. Re: FW: ACTION-133: Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-17)
  6. FW: ACTION-133: Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-17)
  7. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  8. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  9. ISSUE-74: canvas-accessibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  10. [Bug 7011] [in off-bug discussion] canvas accessible fallback provision is under specified (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2009-11-03)
  11. minutes Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-10-29)
  12. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-29)
  13. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-28)
  14. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-19)
  15. {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-13)
  16. RE: Issue-74/Action-133 canvas-accessibility (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-08-12)
  17. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-08-12)
  18. Re: Issue-74/Action-133 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-15 immediate-mode-graphics [was: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13] (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  19. Re: Begin discussions for pushing Last Call into 2010 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  20. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from singer@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  21. Begin discussions for pushing Last Call into 2010 (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  22. Re: Issue-74/Action-133 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-15 immediate-mode-graphics [was: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13] (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-12)
  23. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  24. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)

Related notes:

Expanding on the DOM concept with ARIA and support for Platform Accessibility APIs
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AddedElementCanvas#head-7417bcc86e63e6a528872dd1ab93576887e6208d

Main canvas Accessibility Wiki Page:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AddedElementCanvas

Laura Carlson, 12 Aug 2009, 14:39:15

Canvas accessibility progress report:
Richard Schwerdtfeger is working on a test patch that exposes the shadow DOM to the accessibility API and supports aria-activedescendant on canvas. Details at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2009OctDec/0019.html

Laura Carlson, 30 Oct 2009, 15:49:03

[MikeSmith]: see James Craig message at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2009OctDec/0026.html

11 Nov 2009, 12:48:47

[MikeSmith]: faked "shadow DOM" proof concept from James Craig - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2009OctDec/att-0026/canvas_fake_shadow_dom.zip

11 Nov 2009, 12:50:08

handling focus - Steven Faulkner
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2009OctDec/0027.html

Laura Carlson, 16 Nov 2009, 14:18:36

Changelog:

Created action 'Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content ' assigned to Richard Schwerdtfeger, due 2009-12-17 bound to ISSUE-74

11 Aug 2009, 14:46:46

Status changed to 'closed'

17 Dec 2009, 17:15:02


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $