Chatlog 2010-11-19 Project 3

From W3C eGovernment Wiki
Revision as of 14:05, 19 November 2010 by Sandro (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<sandro> Present:     Deirdre_Lee, Gannon_Dick, Michael_Hausenblas, Sandro_Hawke
12:54:42 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #egov
12:54:42 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/11/19-egov-irc
12:54:44 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
12:54:44 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #egov
12:54:46 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV
12:54:46 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
12:54:47 <trackbot> Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
12:54:47 <trackbot> Date: 19 November 2010
12:54:53 <mhausenblas> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2010Nov/0074.html
12:55:01 <mhausenblas> Chair: Michael
13:00:53 <mhausenblas> Zakim, code?
13:00:53 <Zakim> the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), mhausenblas
13:00:59 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has now started
13:01:05 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
13:01:14 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:01:14 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/19-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:01:22 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, make logs public
13:03:13 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
13:03:13 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas
13:03:51 <Zakim> +Sandro
13:07:52 <mhausenblas> http://gov20.govfresh.com/open-data-accountability-citizen-utility-and-economic-opportunity/
13:09:06 <Zakim> + +3539149aaaa
13:09:44 <Deirdre> Deirdre has joined #egov
13:09:49 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaaa is Deirdre 
13:09:49 <Zakim> +Deirdre; got it
13:11:09 <gdick> gdick has joined #egov
13:14:46 <mhausenblas> Zakim, mute Deirdre 
13:14:46 <Zakim> Deirdre should now be muted
13:15:15 <mhausenblas> Zakim, unmute Deirdre 
13:15:15 <Zakim> Deirdre should no longer be muted
13:15:18 <Deirdre> ok, i'll hang up and call again?
13:15:20 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
13:15:20 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, Deirdre
13:15:24 <mhausenblas> no Deirdre 
13:20:53 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
13:21:10 <Zakim> + +1.508.333.aabb
13:21:12 <Zakim> -Deirdre
13:21:20 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
13:22:47 <mhausenblas> http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/2010/star-scheme-by-example/
13:23:23 <Zakim> +Deirdre
13:28:46 <gdick> +q
13:28:59 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's there?
13:28:59 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, mhausenblas.
13:29:03 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's here?
13:29:04 <Zakim> On the phone I see Sandro, +1.508.333.aabb, mhausenblas, Deirdre
13:29:05 <Zakim> On IRC I see gdick, Deirdre, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, mhausenblas, hughb, sandro, trackbot
13:29:18 <mhausenblas> gdick wanted to join us?
13:29:30 <gdick> yes
13:29:40 <mhausenblas> 4star ... use URIs to identify things, so that people can point at your stuff (optional RDF)
13:30:25 <mhausenblas> 5star ... link your data to other or more authoritative data to provide context (one serialisation needs to be RDF)
13:30:43 <sandro> (whether RDF is required at 4 stars or not until 5 is an open issue -- waiting for Tim)
13:33:36 <mhausenblas> scribenick: mhausenblas
13:33:46 <mhausenblas> Topic: Admin
13:33:53 <mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-minutes.html
13:35:52 <mhausenblas> RESOLUTION: minutes approved
13:36:09 <mhausenblas> Topic: Status of eGov WG
13:36:21 <mhausenblas> see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/GLD_Work_Items
13:36:34 <mhausenblas> sandro: charter will likely include two groups
13:36:36 <mhausenblas> IG and WG
13:36:51 <mhausenblas> s/IG and WG/...IG and WG
13:36:58 <mhausenblas> sandro: IG as we have right now
13:37:07 <mhausenblas> ... the WG would focus on GLD
13:37:33 <mhausenblas> ... working on revised version of this
13:37:46 <mhausenblas> ... main focus: solving the 'how'
13:38:00 <mhausenblas> ... bunch of vocab that need to be standardised 
13:38:21 <mhausenblas> Michael: what does standardise vocabs mean?
13:38:38 <mhausenblas> sandro: question is - does W3C bless a certain vocab or create own?
13:38:51 <mhausenblas> ... where URI (namespace) is
13:41:03 <mhausenblas> Michael: Maybe define W3C namespace with profile
13:41:13 <mhausenblas> ... FOAF as an example
13:41:32 <mhausenblas> ... http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ for FOAF
13:41:50 <mhausenblas> ... and http://www.w3.org/ns/egov/people
13:42:31 <sandro> ... would list the props & classes recommended, and equivprop to foaf
13:44:07 <sandro> mhausenblas: spectrum....
13:44:22 <sandro> sandro: I'm not seeing a spectrum.     xmlnr.org or w3.org
13:45:02 <mhausenblas> Michael: list all options, list all costs & benefits and figure the 'best' option
13:45:09 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:45:09 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/19-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:47:01 <mhausenblas> sandro: stable target needed
13:47:50 <mhausenblas> ... what if DERI's funding runs out or DanBri get's hit by a bus
13:48:17 <mhausenblas> Michael: http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/r2r/
13:49:26 <mhausenblas> Michael: when will charter be finalised?
13:49:39 <mhausenblas> sandro: try to circulate the draft very soon
13:50:03 <mhausenblas> ... finalising (go to AC) in Jan 2011, starting in March 2011
13:51:52 <mhausenblas> Topic: Linked Open Government Application Challenge
13:52:35 <mhausenblas> Michael: can we continue?
13:52:51 <mhausenblas> sandro: it's fine - we can continue meeting
13:52:58 <Zakim> -Deirdre
13:53:46 <mhausenblas> Michael: Sunlight will provide judges and potentially prizes but not co-organize
13:54:19 <mhausenblas> ... and will invite OKFN
13:54:54 <mhausenblas> sandro: as we get judges, they might help us with the venues
13:55:09 <mhausenblas> ... there might be a new venue (International Data Gov conf)
13:55:25 <mhausenblas> ... will likely be every year, might be a pretty good venue
13:56:44 <mhausenblas> Michael: continue with prep
13:57:03 <mhausenblas> Sandro: ask people that you approach about venues
13:57:08 <mhausenblas> Michael:  OK
13:57:26 <mhausenblas> Sandro: SemTech?
13:58:04 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:58:04 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/19-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:58:28 <mhausenblas> Michael: maybe
14:00:35 <mhausenblas> [adjourned]
14:00:37 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
14:00:38 <Zakim> -Sandro
14:00:38 <Zakim> - +1.508.333.aabb
14:00:39 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has ended
14:00:41 <Zakim> Attendees were mhausenblas, Sandro, +3539149aaaa, Deirdre, +1.508.333.aabb
14:00:48 <mhausenblas> trackbot, end conference
14:00:48 <trackbot> Zakim, list attendees
14:00:48 <Zakim> sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:00:49 <trackbot> RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:00:49 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/19-egov-minutes.html trackbot
14:00:50 <trackbot> RRSAgent, bye
14:00:50 <RRSAgent> I see no action items
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000113