Chatlog 2011-11-02

From W3C eGovernment Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

00:00:00 <Zakim> On IRC I see chsiao, matthewy, HadleyBeeman, tlr, olyerickson, davemc, Jeanne, PhilA, rigo, RRSAgent, Zakim, kevinsimkins, bhyland, edsu, trackbot, sandro
00:00:20 <PhilA> ... we have students working on provenance and quality, How to assess quality
00:00:28 <PhilA> ... and make assertions about quality
00:00:39 <PhilA> ... not a lot of work to crowd source info on it
00:00:54 <PhilA> ... not a lot on data quality being in the eye of the beholder
00:01:09 <PhilA> ... most of the work on data quality os supply side, not demand side
00:01:46 <PhilA> ... people have asked whether data has certain characteristics
00:02:21 <PhilA> ... Talis has done some work on showing that it's not quantity, it's quality
00:03:04 <PhilA> ... work needs to be done on these issues
00:03:22 <PhilA> ... need to cnnect with people like Stephen cresswell who is on the Prov WG
00:03:30 <Jeanne> Action: bhyland Explore the augmentation of the GLD Directory project to support some aspects of this 2011-12-15
00:03:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-125 - Explore the augmentation of the GLD Directory project to support some aspects of this 2011-12-15 [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-11-09].
00:03:44 <PhilA> olyerickson standards emerging for eScience may not be applicable
00:10:59 <PhilA> HadleyBeeman: We shouldn't create a repository we don't have time to maintain
00:16:44 <Jeanne> Action: Jeanne  Share the eGov IG members’ social networks (to be assigned to eGov co-chair TBD) by 2012-1-15
00:16:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-126 -  Share the eGov IG members’ social networks (to be assigned to eGov co-chair TBD) by 2012-1-15 [on Jeanne Holm - due 2011-11-09].
00:17:16 <davemc> davemc has joined #egov
00:17:35 <Jeanne> Action: Dave McAllister Create a way of organizing and analyzing social media policies to identify commonalities 2012-03-15
00:17:35 <trackbot> Created ACTION-127 - McAllister Create a way of organizing and analyzing social media policies to identify commonalities 2012-03-15 [on Dave McAllister - due 2011-11-09].
00:22:20 <Jeanne> Action:  PhilA Identify the proper W3C parties that would be part of exploring the solutions to making apps developed from open data sustainable 
00:22:20 <trackbot> Created ACTION-128 - Identify the proper W3C parties that would be part of exploring the solutions to making apps developed from open data sustainable  [on Phil Archer - due 2011-11-09].
00:22:38 <Jeanne> Sandro--we are assigning some items, you're coming up!
00:22:57 <sandro> oops, gotta go.  :-P
00:23:12 <olyerickson> Thanks sandro!
00:29:51 <chsiao> chsiao has joined #egov
00:30:06 <Jeanne> Action: sandro Identify other activities in the W3C that could inform or be recipients of requirements from the eGov IG 2012-04-01
00:30:07 <trackbot> Created ACTION-129 - Identify other activities in the W3C that could inform or be recipients of requirements from the eGov IG 2012-04-01 [on Sandro Hawke - due 2011-11-09].
00:30:49 <Jeanne> Action:  kevinsimkins Identify activities in the IEEE that could inform the eGov IG by 2012-01-2
00:30:49 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - kevinsimkins
00:31:10 <Zakim> -Sandro
00:31:14 <Jeanne> Action: Simkins Identify activities in the IEEE that could inform the eGov IG by 2012-02-01
00:31:14 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Simkins
00:37:22 <Jeanne> Action: Jeanne Change frequency and perhaps time of meetings to better accomodate broad participation
00:37:22 <trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Change frequency and perhaps time of meetings to better accomodate broad participation [on Jeanne Holm - due 2011-11-09].
00:38:13 <davemc> close
00:38:17 <davemc> davemc has left #egov
00:38:45 <Jeanne> Action: Jeanne Invite additional industry/commercial participation in the IG
00:38:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Invite additional industry/commercial participation in the IG [on Jeanne Holm - due 2011-11-09].
00:44:46 <PhilA> rrsagent, generate minutes
00:44:46 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/11/02-egov-minutes.html PhilA
00:48:14 <Zakim> -Kevin_Simkins
00:48:29 <Zakim> -tpac
00:48:30 <Zakim> SW_e-Gov(eGovIG)11:00AM has ended
00:48:32 <Zakim> Attendees were bhyland, tpac, Sandro, Kevin_Simkins, bdhandspicker
00:49:00 <PhilA> rrsagent, generate minutes
00:49:00 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/11/02-egov-minutes.html PhilA
00:50:24 <PhilA> meeting: eGov IG Face to Face
00:50:37 <PhilA> chair: Jeanne Holm
00:50:45 <PhilA> rrsagent, generate minutes
00:50:45 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/11/02-egov-minutes.html PhilA
00:51:14 <PhilA> PhilA has left #egov
00:55:58 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #egov
01:22:44 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #egov
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000053